• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How Uber will win price war with taxis

NoCHOICEbutSMOVE

When the price war between Uber and taxi drivers gears up, Uber will still probably win by offering FREE rides.

Yes, you heard it here first, in case I decide to do some real work and document my business case for copyright purposes.

Uber riders will be forced to sit through advertisements throughout their free rides, much like watching YouTube or going on facebook for free. There will be pop-up adverts everywhere from forced 20 second adverts to book a car and to accessing your receipts.

Ultimately they could be forced to sit in a windowless car with 10 TV screens and surround sound. Still many will do it to save $15 going to work or the airport.

But this is just a business case. Singaporean taxi drivers are inherently complacent and will not accept lower fares for their limited, non-productive driving hours. As long as taxi drivers remain loyal to queuing, Uber will have an easy competition because they will not have to reduce fares by much.

For my example, I willingly started driving for $2,200 for 100 hours a month. Now that Uber pays $2,800 for 105 hours per month, they could reduce fares by 20% and I will still book a car out at night.

renyeo

Then there was UberPool, GrabShare and now this.

The pie has shrunk again.

IMG_3416.PNG

Nothingtodo

When the price war between Uber and taxi drivers gears up, Uber will still probably win by offering FREE rides.

Yes, you heard it here first, in case I decide to do some real work and document my business case for copyright purposes.

Uber riders will be forced to sit through advertisements throughout their free rides, much like watching YouTube or going on facebook for free. There will be pop-up adverts everywhere from forced 20 second adverts to book a car and to accessing your receipts.

Ultimately they could be forced to sit in a windowless car with 10 TV screens and surround sound. Still many will do it to save $15 going to work or the airport.

But this is just a business case. Singaporean taxi drivers are inherently complacent and will not accept lower fares for their limited, non-productive driving hours. As long as taxi drivers remain loyal to queuing, Uber will have an easy competition because they will not have to reduce fares by much.

For my example, I willingly started driving for $2,200 for 100 hours a month. Now that Uber pays $2,800 for 105 hours per month, they could reduce fares by 20% and I will still book a car out at night.
:eek:

Ultimate Warrior

I don't think this will be allowed to happen in sgp because of govt regulations. Unless the taxi companies and co-ops start a rival competitor to uber and grab. Maybe they'll call it...NTUC-RIDE

Johnayro

Most Uber riders already cheapo who demands. They will tell you to cut the advertising or they will complain to Uber stating how many million followers they have on social media and threaten to tell all their followers to boycott the product they are forced to watch during the free ride.

Ubercheaposcum

Nonsense

renyeo

Mud pies everyone?
I do believe when transport companies have taken notice that pooling or sharing has won the market via $5 fares to anywhere in minibuses or people carriers, a new segment shall be born; a hybrid model that slots in between taxi/PHC and public bus. I may even be tempted to book a ride in them. $5 to city. :eek:

Last edited:

Ubercheaposcum

Grab ups the ante and increases their sales coverage thru their latest initiation -

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/grab-app-has-access-more-half-spores-taxi-fleet-after-prime-taxi-tie
This is another nonsense publicity stunt from Grab,as far as I know,Grab has lost more TD partners since it started with.TD are frustrated that Grab is using TD to fund the Grabcar segment thus you can see Grab staff virtually at every crowded taxi stands promoting Grabtaxi aggressively to passengers.TD won't be conned the second time as they feel that by using Grab,they are actually feeding their rivals from the Grabcar segment directly.This is where Uber trumps over Grab in business ethics where Uber is solely focused on it's car sharing model and Grab made use of TD to become what they are now.Offering tremendous incentives for new TD signups and existing TD alike but TD have had enough.Grab can only fool TD once.

When transport companies have taken notice that pooling or sharing has won the market via $5 fares to anywhere in minibuses or people carriers, a new segment shall be born; a hybrid model that slots in between taxi/PHC and public bus. I may even be tempted to book a ride in them. $5 to city. :eek:
OMG,new nick for these riders? The cheapest of the cheapos?

renyeo

Grab is uber aggressive. Also it deserved the highest accolade of the corporate world: the most pervasive copycat to a T. If anyone does says Grab is a "disruptor" then he risks making the fool out of himself. :rolleyes:

Always report the facts; not stay neutral:
"After a discombobulated 2016, in which Uber burned through more than $2 billion, amid findings that rider fares only cover roughly 40 percent of a ride, with the remainder subsidized by venture capitalists, it’s hard to imagine Kalanick could take the company public at its stunning current valuation of nearly $70 billion." - Jalopnik :eek:

So how far does Madam Ho knows the extent which Grab is subsidising its customers? :confused:

Last edited:

Observingonly

Ultimately they could be forced to sit in a windowless car with 10 TV screens and surround sound.

Still many will do it to save $15 going to work or the airport.

But this is just a business case. Singaporean taxi drivers are inherently complacent and will not accept
lower fares for their limited, non-productive driving hours. As long as taxi drivers remain
loyal to queuing, Uber will have an easy competition because they will not have to reduce fares by much.

Taxis won't join a price war which is an exclusive affair between Uber and Grab, and now with this $5 shareride.sg also joining in the fun. Have you ever heard of taxi fare going down in the history of Singapore? No, it only goes up in line with inflation. Property up, water up, fuel up, electricity up, you still want to have a price war? You want to charge cheapo fare for the same work taxi drivers are doing? Yes you want and you can because you are a foreign labor. One Sing dollar can get more than 3 Riggit in your kampong. Water there is free from the river. Rice and vegetable you can grow yourself. Keep chickens and pigs in your attap house. Cheapo fare already good enough for you.

If Uber really wins, you will get a medal from Travis Kalanick. He will shake your hand. You are going to feel super orgas.

Ubercheaposcum

Grab is uber aggressive. Also it deserved the highest accolade of the corporate world: the most pervasive copycat to a T. If anyone does says Grab is a "disruptor" then he risks making the fool out of himself. :rolleyes:

Always report the facts; not stay neutral:
"After a discombobulated 2016, in which Uber burned through more than $2 billion, amid findings that rider fares only cover roughly 40 percent of a ride, with the remainder subsidized by venture capitalists, it’s hard to imagine Kalanick could take the company public at its stunning current valuation of nearly $70 billion." - Jalopnik :eek:

So how far does Madam Ho knows the extent which Grab is subsidising its customers? :confused:
So right until cannot right anymore,Grab should have just stuck with it's taxi module instead of being red and tearing eyes upon seeing how Uber is so successful and decided to jump on the bandwagon.Seriously how big do they think Singapore is to have 2 entities fighting each other?Madame Ho is as usual stuck in her ivory tower,counting her wads of cash,separated from the harsh realities of life and eagerly counting down to the days of when Grab will actually post a profit.The golden question is always gonna be WHEN?

Nothingtodo

So right until cannot right anymore,Grab should have just stuck with it's taxi module instead of being red and tearing eyes upon seeing how Uber is so successful and decided to jump on the bandwagon.Seriously how big do they think Singapore is to have 2 entities fighting each other?Madame Ho is as usual stuck in her ivory tower,counting her wads of cash,separated from the harsh realities of life and eagerly counting down to the days of when Grab will actually post a profit.The golden question is always gonna be WHEN?
Keep repeating not sian

Nothingtodo

Many bo Liao thread nowadays, especially those started by taxi trolls who were kicked out of their gang and have to hide under Uber bridge

Observingonly

Is there still ubertaxi in singapore? Not much people use it? Usually hear Grabtaxi
So much of hatred Uber harbors against Taxis how to have an Ubertaxi service.

Just see my brother NoChoice's posts you will understand.

Many bo Liao thread nowadays, especially those started by taxi trolls who were kicked out of their gang and have to hide under Uber bridge
Can you say something more interesting than just repeating Bo Liao or Sian?

I know you hate taxi drivers. But what can you do?