How Uber Really Calculates PAX Ratings

jerseycrooner

All or most riders have good ratings anymore. We all should know our ratings of passengers don't really count. Uber favors the PAX and here is what I think they do. Uber counts the highest rating number given to a PAX over the last three rides and counts that in a rolling average. For example, if you give a PAX a 1 rating but the next 2 drivers give a 4 and a 5, the rating of 5 is used towards the average and your 1 rating is discarded. So your rating does not really count because there is always another driver out there to give your rotten PAX a good rating. This is the only mathematical model I can figure is used by Uber. There is no way the vermon pax I drive should all have 4.7 to 5.0 ratings!

Last edited:

Lightning1181

All or most riders have good ratings anymore. We all should know our ratings of passengers don't really count. Uber favors the PAX and here is what I think they do. Uber counts the highest rating number given to a PAX over the last three rides and counts that in a rolling average. For example, if you give a PAX a 1 rating but the next 2 drivers give a 4 and a 5, the rating of 5 is used towards the average and your 1 rating is discarded. So your rating does not really count because there is always another driver out there to give your rotten PAX a good rating. This is the only mathematical model I can figure is used by Uber. There is no way the vermon pax I drive should all have 4.7 to 5.0 ratings!
Unless, of course they either have multiple accounts or the higher rated ones are new phony accounts. I have a private client that had lost his Goober account because someone hijacked it and ran up a $900 bill. Goober wants their money and are not willing to hear his side of the story. (The guy is a sales exec in NYC and his travels are documented extensively).. So, on my advice, he went and got a new gmail account and added an app on his iPhone that allows for a second phone number and opened up a new account with those. Viola, back online in no time. So, it is not that hard for a horrible pox to become a brand-new model citizen for the time being.

VictorD

Unless, of course they either have multiple accounts or the higher rated ones are new phony accounts. I have a private client that had lost his Goober account because someone hijacked it and ran up a $900 bill. Goober wants their money and are not willing to hear his side of the story. (The guy is a sales exec in NYC and his travels are documented extensively).. So, on my advice, he went and got a new gmail account and added an app on his iPhone that allows for a second phone number and opened up a new account with those. Viola, back online in no time. So, it is not that hard for a horrible pox to become a brand-new model citizen for the time being.

You can use those apps that give you an alias number on Uber; Lyft blocks them.

VictorD

Good to know, but you can also go out and get a CrackPhone and only load it up with 100 minutes and never use it again. A burner phone, as they say.

Yeah. Unless, of course, you need to call/text through the app. You can sign-on to your account from any device, but communications will only work through the actual device which the number on the account is assigned to.

Through trial-and-error, I first tried Sidekick. Worked great w/ Uber. It was like having a completely separate line on my main phone. But like I said, Lyft blocks alias numbers. Google Voice doesn't even work on Lyft. In the end, I just desired having a completely separate phone and number for all my livery side gigs. For the $20 a month it costs to add the extra line to my Verizon service is a write-off well spent, IMO. At least I can completely disconnect from anything work-related simply by just turning-off the phone now without disrupting any other part of my life.

Lightning1181

Yeah. Unless, of course, you need to call/text through the app. You can sign-on to your account from any device, but communications will only work through the actual device which the number on the account is assigned to.

Through trial-and-error, I first tried Sidekick. Worked great w/ Uber. It was like having a completely separate line on my main phone. But like I said, Lyft blocks alias numbers. Google Voice doesn't even work on Lyft. In the end, I just desired having a completely separate phone and number for all my livery side gigs. For the $20 a month it costs to add the extra line to my Verizon service is a write-off well spent, IMO. At least I can completely disconnect from anything work-related simply by just turning-off the phone now without disrupting any other part of my life.
In the case of a driver, yes, I understand the write-off, but I was referring to the pox being able to game the system. They have it much easier as Goober does not do any kind of check on them outside of charging their credit cards. It is much too simple for a pox to screw over Goober IMHO.
And also, the app for the iPhone which was free till next month was SideLine. It was capable, not special, but it worked. I used it all the time when buying/selling on craigslist. I could let the number sit dormant for a month and then get a new number. They just decided to go full blown subscription only so I dumped that nonsense.

freeFromUber

Idiotic idea....makes no sense what so ever...if you use the last 3 rides and pax gets a 1,4,5....that's 10/3= 3.33....what's your point???

Doesn't make sense...and if it doesn't make sense, not true...sorry

Last edited: