1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How UBER drivers ruined the transportation business.

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Tnasty

Tnasty Active Member

What's also ruining fuber is that they are leasing cars to a bunch of idiots that have no business being on the road.

Over/Uber likes this.
  2. Geno71

Geno71 Well-Known Member

60K may sound like a lot to some, maybe a little bit younger, of us. Trust me man, when you have a family to feed, children to raise, visits to doctors, bills, mortgage, effin' pets, some social life... 60-70K is nothing anymore.

Happyhead, jp300h and MSUGrad9902 like this.
  3. 5StarPartner

5StarPartner Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    The problem I have here is I don't think Uber put one cab company out of business in the sense of complete overtaking of business.... if anything Uber took away the pukers and non-tippers from cab drivers making their jobs a bit better and easier. As rare as I drive anymore I still make the same $300-$400 a day driving a taxi no problem as I did pre Uber... Are the $800 cash days gone? Sure... but I think people generally spend less now than years ago during the Bush43 era.

Trafficat likes this.
  4. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

And for us poor self-entitled Millenials who can't get any job other than Uber, we'll gladly transport a bunch of non-tipping uber drunk folks for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    MidKnightHer likes this.
  5. Trafficat

Depends where you live though too. The cost of living is much greater in some towns than others. For example, San Francisco has a much higher cost of living than Reno.

6. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    What a naive statement. Some people on this forum are clearly better than than others. And that "betterment" is not because of the type of car they have, other job, money, etc. Like any group of people, some within said group are "better" than the others.

Do I think I am better than everyone else? Absolutely not. I have much respect for many of the people on here. Some are Uber drivers, some are not. My respect is not based on what they do or what they make. It is based on their character as observed in these forums... that is all I have to base it on.
    Am I better than you? I'm not PC... So I will say most definitely yes. That is based on what you have shared with us. I would be willing to bet I am better than you in almost every measurable category and most subjective ones as well. So how's that for your love of truth?

MidKnightHer and Shangsta like this.
  7. mytheq63

mytheq63 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You sound like a very bitter and angry man. I don't know your circumstances, so I cannot comment on how you came to be this way, but you don't know the circumstances of other drivers either, so who are you to say who should be driving and who shouldn't? Maybe other drivers with good jobs have elderly parents they need to take care of, or college age students with high tuition bills, or are coming out of a financial crisis. They have just as much right to spend their time driving as you, as long as they deem it worth their time and effort. Maybe you should mind your own business and use your energy to find another way to make more money if that is what you need to make you happy.

8. Trafficat

Personally I don't mind uber rich folks driving for Uber. If they want to do it, that sounds fine to me. Sure, I like making $2.47 for completing a trip as much as anyone, but if some guy making a professional or even CEO type salary wants to make it instead, be my guest! I bet he'll get bored pretty quick. And if he spends his part time driving for Uber, maybe that means some guys who are mainly Uber drivers can get something high paying for their side hustle.

I would bet a person making big dough for his main job could get a job that makes big dough for his side job if he really wanted to.

Blackout 702 likes this.
  9. toi

toi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Hmmm sounds like you need some uber theraphy.
    Go out there and drive two days a week.
    That should calm you down

Trafficat likes this.
  10. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Well-Known Member

No, people who need extra money should go do something else, and not turn a full time well paying job into a "gig" You are insane if you think a 1,200 a week job that anyone can do should be turned into a less than minimum wage job because someone needs to take care of their granny. Lol. They are the ones who should go get a job.

11. Steveyoungerthanmontana

OMG your posts sound like a kindergarten teacher. I can't even get through this one before wanting to violently gag.

You love being abused by UBER for whatever reason. That's great! So keep doing it!!!

You can think what you want and I'll keep thinking you are a very dumb idiot who for some reason keeps defending low wages.

NEWS FLASH UBER driver, you are an UBER DRIVER!!!!

A desk at corporate is not waiting for you LOL!!!

12. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I thought YOU were the teacher? Isn't that what you and your peach of a gf tell everyone?

Please, by all means, how am I being abused by Uber? I'm not an Uber defender, I think a great deal of the ways they do business are asinine. I am also not "abused" by Uber, I log on when I want, make some extra cash, work at my convenience when not doing my main job.

Please, show me a quote of me "defending low wages"... here is a hint, it does not exist

yes, I drive for uber in my off time while doing other things in my "daily life" to improve myself... your point is???

LOL, last thing in the world I would ever want is a "desk at corporate".

lol, I wish you could comprehend how ridiculous your posts make you look. At this point, you are nothing more than entertainment to me. Either you are sincerely this delusional or you think you are funny/witty/trolling.

If you really believe what you are typing and are not trolling, you sincerely and honestly need some real help.
    If you think you are getting under my skin, think again, I find entertainment value in **** like this... so basically you are just my dancing monkey.

Happyhead, Shangsta and Blackout 702 like this.
  13. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Dang dude I almost cared about your post. All the other posts you were doing almost made me care, but this one, this one was really close.

14. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Glad I could make my dancing monkey almost care... here is a peanut.

7920487782_9315101f78_b.jpg

15. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    THIS is probably the greatest travesty of Uber. "giving" cars to people that shouldn't have them or can't possibly make enough to keep them.

16. Blackcab

Blackcab Active Member

He's bored.

17. Steveyoungerthanmontana

As a fake teacher I give you a D on your effort for this post. The other posts were C- at best, but this post just really shows a lack of effort.

If you want to pass my fake class, you need to turn in far better work.

18. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Aww did I not make my dancing monkey happy with his peanut?

19. mytheq63

mytheq63 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Show me where it says that driving for Uber is only a full-time job?

Shangsta and Blackout 702 like this.
  20. Polomarko

Polomarko Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Symply not truth.