1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How to use iPhone's Switch Control to get blocks

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Basmati, May 21, 2017.

1. Basmati

Basmati Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    If you are using an iPhone, than there is built in feature called Switch Control that can be set up to function in a similar manner to a bot. This will, of course, make it much easier to grab blocks from Amazon. Here is how to set it up:
    1. Go into Settings / General / Accessibility and all the way at the bottom of the menu, select Accessibility Shortcut and make sure it is set to Switch Control. This will allow you turn switch control on and off by triple clicking the Home button.
    2. In the Accessibility sub menu, you then need to select Switch Control / Recipes / Create New Recipe...
    3. Enter a Name for this new recipe, then select Assign a Switch... / Full Screen / Custom Gesture.
    4. On the very bottom of the screen, hit Hide Controls. You have 10 seconds to record a sequence. Start by tapping on the bottom where the "Refresh" button from Amazon would normally appear, then tap on the top where the blocks would normally appear. Repeat this as fast as you can until the 10 seconds are up and the Controls bar appears again at the bottom.
    5. Hit the Save button on top right of the screen, then hit Recipes on top left of screen to go back to the Recipes menu.
    6. Select Launch Recipe and choose the Recipe you just created. Now every time you activate Switch Control it will be set to play that Recipe.
    7. Log into your Amazon app and go to the Offers screen. Turn on switch control by triple clicking your home button. Every time you tap the screen now, it will play the Recipe you created, attempting to grab any blocks that pop up. To turn off switch control just triple tap your Home button again.
    8. Because your Recipe consists of 10 seconds of taps, you can rapidly tap your screen for about 10 minutes and it will continue auto tapping for about 20 minutes after you stop, without you having to touch anything.

Frœsty and soupergloo like this.
  2. Dankcook

Dankcook New Member

When do you normally run this?

3. Basmati

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Run it whenever you want to get blocks. I personally don't use an iPhone, I just set it up and tested it on my wife's phone out of curiosity. I will say it is definitely as effective as an Android bot program.

4. Dankcook

Dankcook New Member

I can't seem to figure out when they drop blocks after the morning ones. The morning ones are generally around 2am. Any blocks scheduled for 12pm or after just seem to be random. I just check for them as I'm driving and delivering.

5. Basmati

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Every warehouse is different when it comes to dropping blocks. For Miami Prime Now, blocks are literally dropped all day long at unpredictable times.

6. Solo1

Solo1 Active Member

Why is this switch control a feature in the iPhone ... Who thought this was needed to be native in the phone.

7. CarmenFlexDriver

CarmenFlexDriver Well-Known Member

Um.......Apple and Um.....Apple??!!
    Not sure why you're so "anti automation" but it's not new and it's quite common.

I know I asked this some time ago.......does anyone know if the app will run on an ipad?
    If the answer is yes, how do I get the IOS version?

I use an android phone and don't have any auto programs setup but have an ipad.
    Seems ipad has the switch control function built in and would like to test it out just for grabbing blocks.

Frœsty likes this.
  8. Solo1

Solo1 Active Member

CarmenFlexDriverCarmenFlexDriver ... I think you misunderstood my question ... I was asking what uses did Apple have in mind for adding this feature ... Usual if it's something that was popular it would be on android also ... It seems allot of iPhone users here never knew about it.

9. CarmenFlexDriver

Got ya'! I certainly did misinterpret your comments, so my bad.

10. Basmati

Driving:
    UberLUX
    It is intended for those with handicaps. I'm not going to take the time fully explain it's intended uses, but if you do a quick Google search it will answer your question.

11. Solo1

Solo1 Active Member

I get that ... Accessibility.

ANDROID HAS SWITCH ACCESS

FWIW ... I just looked it up and found it buried in setting control .

Settings> Accessibility> Vision> Switch Access

I have no idea how it works and quite frankly late to the party on this one ...

Frœsty likes this.
  12. CarmenFlexDriver

I found this the other day when searching around about ios switch control. At first it didn't seem likely it would be able to work, but after going back again and digging around, it may actually be able to work like the ios switch control.

And seems if you have android 7.0 and up it's more able to setup a swipe or tap as needed.
    https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/6395627?hl=en

I'm dicking around with it now setting up some switches and can get it to highlight my screen, but tricky to get it to "scan" the screen when flex app is open so figuring what I need to do.

Frœsty and Basmati like this.
  13. Basmati

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Please post details if you are able to figure out how to set up Androids switch access to function like a bot. I spent about an hour looking at it the other day but wasn't able to get anything working.
    To be honest though, for Android a full bot program will still be the best option.

Frœsty, Jesus Pereda JR and Prius13 like this.
  14. Side Hustle

Side Hustle Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It was designed for wheel chair dudes and other limited mobility types. Heard it is only in the new iOS?

15. Jesus Pereda JR

Jesus Pereda JR Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm interested too..

16. CarmenFlexDriver

My guess is frep would be easier to setup than the native switch access. I can't get past the problem of my home button opening the "google now" app. Every time I try to scan an app it opens google because I only have the option to setup switches with my physical buttons. Working out how to setup switches with external keyboard now to see if I can do that.

I think it's doable but will take some figuring out.

17. CarmenFlexDriver

Made some progress with an external bluetooth keyboard. I'm able to highlight and select onscreen options with flex app open now.
    Right now I can only select the refresh button as I have an older android version. I'll need to have a reserved block show up so I can program the
    sequence of touches.

I think if someone has android 7 or higher you can actually highlight any areas on the screen without having an active block showing? Very similar to the IOS switch control.

18. CarmenFlexDriver

Just reporting no success with android switch access. Doesn't seem to be a way to save a routine like switch control so giving up on it.

Android 7.0 has some added features but not sure if that has a save feature for routines/recipes?

Prius13 likes this.
  19. Memorex

Memorex Active Member

Doesn't appear to be an effective tool in the DFW area anymore.

20. Marco55

Marco55 Active Member

I m in Dfw area and can not get blocks is this cause of bots?