How to turn off "anti-surge request ability" in app...

ozzygoff

Can someone please explain how it is possible to- turn on the app while sitting in a surge, drive car towards center of surge (which is ranging from 2.1-3.2 at center), stop in the middle of surge, wait, wait and wait... watching as surge grows LARGER and HIGHER, then watch it dwindle away to nothing, over 15 minutes, and never get a request??!

UberCadi

That’s because pax know this and they just wait til it goes away. They know it won’t be long before a heard of drivers get to the area.

tootsie

Can someone please explain how it is possible to- turn on the app while sitting in a surge, drive car towards center of surge (which is ranging from 2.1-3.2 at center), stop in the middle of surge, wait, wait and wait... watching as surge grows LARGER and HIGHER, then watch it dwindle away to nothing, over 15 minutes, and never get a request??!
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME CHASING SURGES. Think about it they will have you drive 10 miles for a min fare if there was really a surge and u were already in it why didn't u get a ping?

Kodyhead

Also i hope you realize you dont actually have to drive to the middle of the surge to get a request

I hope you are not going to the middle of the airport and parking on the runway for a call, they really don't like that lol

darkshy77

Pax app still send you a message when the surge ends??? really see fake surges in the suburbs when they pop up. I turn the app on get no hits. Second the search ends someone request. I accept the request texting that I do not take non surge rides and cancel on them..... Explain why 4.67 rating