• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to switch maps after accepting a ping?

Maven

I usually ask the rider if they'd rather give me directions or use the GPS. When giving you directions, the rider cannot complain that it's the wrong way or you got us lost, and it might add a few miles to the trip. More often, it puts the rider in a better mood. The result being a better rating.

Last edited:

ParrotFish

Open up the waze app and enter destination. You can change navigation in driver/settings but only when offline or before accepting a ping. You have a choice of uber, waze and google nav

Grand

I'm looking for answers to my question. Is it possible to change maps during a trip? Thanks guys
My answer is ...NO.
Obviously you are not getting the response you want.:frown:
Suggest you contact Uber, as they designed the system.
Please provide their response. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kerplunkenstein

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My answer is ...NO.
Obviously you are not getting the response you want.:frown:
Suggest you contact Uber, as they designed the system.
Please provide their response. Thanks.
thanks, I'm slowly realizing why most people on here drive Uber full time. Lets just say their reading comprehension skills aren't up to snuff.

drivininsac

thanks, I'm slowly realizing why most people on here drive Uber full time. Lets just say their reading comprehension skills aren't up to snuff.
Kind of like your reading comprehension when literally the first response tells you what you need to know?

Yes... close maps, open waze, manually enter the destination . .. ta da

Maven

Is it possible to go from 1 map to another after pax gets in the car? 3 weeks ago I had a pax say, "I prefer Waze"
Yes, it is ALWAYS possible to change maps (mapping applications like waze and google maps). Before accepting a request, you may use settings in the Uber-driver-App to change the default mapping application. Currently, the only options are waze and google maps. After accepting a request, regardless of the default mapping application in the Uber-driver-App, you are not required to use it and not required to hit the navigate button. The Uber-driver-App has its own, built in mapping feature, although I find it useful only at the end of a pickup to get me close to the pickup location. You may stop any external, active mapping App (or any other App) at any time then manually start a different mapping App.

shiftydrake

Hey here's good advice as well the Google maps is horrible IMO and waze sucks too I use a stand alone GPS. I am a TomTom wh@re through and through I absolutely refuse to use Google maps or Waze and don't/won't ever use Uber cuz I refuse to drive for Uber........and to the pax that say "I want you to use Waze"......I laugh and say "sure then you use Waze I'll use what I use and I bet we end up at same destination....sit back and buckle up please".......then I use my TomTom they turn theirs off

Maven

... to the pax that say "I want you to use Waze"......I laugh and say "sure then you use Waze I'll use what I use and I bet we end up at same destination...
Then say "Cool, next time you are in your own car you can use it. Right now you are n mine".
It is certainly your right to do your own thing in your own car as long as you are willing to pay the price. Doing this, you will often piss off the rider who will give you a poor rating. It is irrelevant that you may be 100% correct.

Ever hear the old saying "customer is always right"? I'll add to that, "especially when wrong, except when it's dangerous to me or my car." If the PAX wants to take us a few miles out of our way then he's paying extra for the privilege. Why not let him?

shiftydrake

It is certainly your right to do your own thing in your own car as long as you are willing to pay the price. Doing this, you will often piss off the rider who will give you a poor rating. It is irrelevant that you may be 100% correct.

Ever hear the old saying "customer is always right"? I'll add to that, "especially when wrong, except when it's dangerous to me or my car." If the PAX wants to take us a few miles out of our way then he's paying extra for the privilege. Why not let him?
Yeah but see the thing is #1 I don't give a f@%k about ratings....why you ask? I don't get rated.......

#2 my car I am driving I ask fast route, short route, or scenic route they choose I drive I still laugh when I hear the GPS on their phone (most unreliable GPS ever made)....tells them bass ackwards way and I actually go the way I go and still get them there faster and 9/10 times cheaper.....that's the differences between a pro and a part timer

Shangsta

Is it possible to go from 1 map to another after pax gets in the car?

3 weeks ago I had a pax say, "I prefer Waze"
Once you start a trip no. Unless you manually enter the address you cannot change Nav.

I usually ask the rider if they'd rather give me directions or use the GPS. When giving you directions, the rider cannot complain that it's the wrong way or you got us lost, and it might add a few miles to the trip. More often, it puts the rider in a better mood. The result being a better rating.
I don't care about my rating I care about Uber stealing with the upfront fare. I do not ask pax which whey they want to go. I open waze and pick the route with the longest mileage and a reasonable amount of time. Really helps my earnings and Uber gets close to 80 percent of what the pax paid instead of 50