How to stop during last drive of day, to avoid multiple declines and bad acceptance rate

Tommie Berry

You are done driving for the day.
But during your last ride, you get 6 ride requests that you have to decline, because the STOP button is not accessible during that last ride.
How can I avoid those declines that kill my acceptance rate? I just downloaded the latest app and acceptance rate is still there, even though Uber support says it is gone.

Tommie Berry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It does not show up for me. When I click the bottom it just shows the ride info, no stop button.

radikia

But during your last ride, you get 6 ride requests that you have to decline, because the STOP button is not accessible during that last ride.
How can I avoid those declines that kill my acceptance rate? I just downloaded the latest app and acceptance rate is still there, even though Uber support says it is gone.
You sound like you'll be a wonderful little ant , let us know if you feel the same way 6 months from now

Tommie Berry

Slide the bottom of your screen up to expose the stop button.
Thank you, I’ll try that, maybe I wasn’t scrolling all the way 😢
Post automatically merged:

You sound like you'll be a wonderful little ant , let us know if you feel the same way 6 months from now
I don’t even understand your comment, that’s how green I am!

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
While on the last trip, turn your phone off and finish it. then when you make it home, which is presumably an area without a lot of rideshare activity, turn it back on and end the trip. Then go into support and say I forgot to end the trip and enter the actual drop off location when they ask.

this is an absolute last resort but it's the best I can think of if you truly cannot access the go offline button. I access it by hitting the menu button in the lower right corner, it looks like three horizontal lines, and then the screen comes up to show rider information as well as the stop new requests hand in a red circle.

I'm kind of jealous though. I wish our market had that many trip requests. Any more I am waiting several minutes in between trips, even in the snow and cold weather, because there are so many damn drivers everywhere.

Tommie Berry

I found it, sorry.

My app, new one downloaded yesterday, still forces 85% acceptance for qualifications. Must be Oklahoma version. But I found the button way below other crap. Thanks for the help!

Clothahump

When you are ready to go home, turn on directional and put your home address in. Supposedly, it will then accept only rides going in that direction so that you don't deadhead all the way back. One caveat - their interpretation of "in that direction" is rather elastic.

PoorAssUberDriver

One caveat - their interpretation of "in that direction" is rather elastic.
Here in San Diego, even going a few miles past your destination falls in the “in your direction” for many, a couple miles may be nothing, but depending on the time of day, that $5.00 ride “home” may take you an additional 1/2 hour

DriverMark

It does not show up for me. When I click the bottom it just shows the ride info, no stop button.
Uber .... from bottom Swipe Up .....the entire screen will swipe up ..... the big circle in middle at the bottom, the same one you use to go off line with, is the same one you hit for "Last Ride" or "Go Offline" while you are giving a ride. New requests will stop coming in.

Not only helpful for ending your day, but many other times it can come in handy so you aren't getting pings while giving a ride. Like, you know it's surging 2-3 minutes away while you are giving a ride. Go offline so once you end your ride you can skirt over to that surge to ensure you aren't getting non-surged rides. Unless you don't care about Uber Pro, than this is less something to worry about.

screwber

who gives a @@@ about acceptance rates?