How to review/be trained on new features PRIOR to driving

ellcee

hi all,

Please help me with an answer ASAP! I am very afraid of my ratings dropping because of this issues:

Sometimes I will go months without driving for Uber, and it can be problematic for both me and my passengers.

A few days ago I drove for the first time in a few months. The app design (especially in navigation mode) looked totally different.

I was driving with a passenger, and everything was smooth until I got an UberPOOL request. I thought I'd pressed accept and that I'd be shown a pickup location, but long story short (please see a seperate thread for my specific UberPOOL questions), I pressed or swiped something that started the UberPOOL drive yet had left her stranded. Fortunately she called me and was only able to find her by her verbally telling me the pickup location and my current passenger, who was familiar with the area, was able to navigate me to the UberPOOL rider (since the uber app already assumed I picked her up, it didn't give me directions to find her)

So long winded, sorry...

So my question is:
When Uber makes changes to their app (especially ones that either:
1) change the appearance of the dashboard, as it had in this case)
2) change features: such as UberPOOL, how to use it, is it mandatory, etc.
IS THERE A WAY TO GET TRANING ON THE CHANGES SO YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT PRIOR TO DRIVING WITH A RIDER.

fortunately both current passenger and the one I everutally picked up were super nice and understanding, but it sucked. These are the risks of adding features that take drivers by surprise
A) it's embarrassing and looks unprofessional when you're driving with someone and like "oh, crap, some weird thing popped up on my screen! It's urgent and beeping and blinking and I don't know what's going on
B) it's unsafe because I either gotta drive with one eye on the road and the other on my screen (so unsafe!) OR pull to the side of the road and start adding time to your trip which costs you money, and patience
C) it means you can accidentally miss out on rides, leave riders thinking you're coming when you're not, etc.

It's a bad look for the driver and very unsafe overall. I'm really afraid of my ratings dropping bc of pissing off a rider due to not being notified or trained on a new change to the app.