1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to reduce the number of Uber drivers? List your suggestion

Discussion in 'Advice' started by dryverjohn, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Ssgcraig

Ssgcraig

Driving:
    UberXL
    I used the word tattle tale for a reason, because there are babies working for Uber. I am not enforcing any rules, not an Uber driver function. People like you need to understand that enforcing the speed limit by sitting in the left lane is not your job and is dangerous. Good luck, karma will find you eventually.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Ssgcraig

Ssgcraig

Driving:
    UberXL
    Wow, again good luck with those internet muscles, karma will find you. I'm done pissing, you win the contest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
  3. Ssgcraig

Ssgcraig

Driving:
    UberXL
    I do have an idea about weeding out the people who constantly break the rules, the ones who call the pax to find the destination and then cancel, that should not be tolerated. Fairly easy to enforce, two strikes and you're out.

4. Nope, anyone can setup an account. In the small print of the terms of service is where the puker fee and must be over 18 is located. If you say you agree to the terms of service, you indicate that you are 18 years old. Now what I don't know is how the Uber gift card works, without a credit card, who pays the puker fee?

SuzeCB likes this.
  5. ysosrs

ysosrs

Massively start using bicycles! It better affects your daily motion btw, rather than using taxi

6. El Jefe de Hialeah

El Jefe de Hialeah

Driving:
    Lyft
    You need Jesus. In the meanwhile, keep reporting these illegal activities, I will send you a reward, as soon as I get that check from Mexico to pay for this wall I am trying to build.....

7. DF doesn't work in my city at the airport. So you can bet your ass that I will call any 45+ ping at the airport. They either pay a deadhead fee or I cancel.

8. Of the 12 rides I gave last night 4 had at kids under 6 with no car seats. So a full 30% of my rides were against Uber/Lyft TOS.. Since Uber/Lyft doesn't care neither do I. The ONLY thing I will not allow at this point is to many ppl or obvious drunks.

Unless Uber/Lyft allows me to cancel AND get a cancel fee there is no economic reason for me to refuse.

Face it, Uber/Lyft is such a ****ty company that even AFTER being assaulted by a pass, the ONLY repercussion is that the pas won't be assigned to YOU again. The next driver? Fudge'em.

hrswartz likes this.
  9. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    Wait until the ants go to file their taxes....that usually thins the herd because they have saved zero dollars and now owe the government.

10. Dan2miletripguy

Dan2miletripguy

Driving:
    UberX
    Get a real job.

ColdRider likes this.
  11. ColdRider

ColdRider

And this is why the hood is every major city is a ****hole.

Christinebitg likes this.
  12. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    One way to reduce the number of drivers would be for Uber to enforce their policy regarding return trip fees. (it’s not allowed).

By the way, in my market the problem at the airport is drivers that screen for the long rides and screen out the short rides. Uber could reduce the number of drivers by enforcing their policies regarding call screening (Ie cherry picking )

Im at the airport now hoping for one of those 60 min plus rides. Last week I got one (an XL), dropped my rider and got an immediate XL back.at a 1.5 surge The best thing is not this one good day, the best thing is that I gave my card to both customers and now one has become a regular customer

Christinebitg likes this.
  13. If foober followed rules and laws they wouldn’t be as big as they are. They count on the next driver to pick up any and all other rejects ejections and cancels. What do you think happened to the many people I have kicked out of the car. They got another car.
    My list
    In person interview
    Driving test
    English proficiency
    Cap hires in a given county city state
    Raise the car age

14. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not about Uber's TOS. It's about the tickets YOU risked getting.

15. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    To cut down on drivers would require nothing on Uber's part. They'd literally have to do LESS.

JUST STOP ONBOARDING.

This is what companies normally do when they have more than enough workers (employees or contractors). They stop hiring people.

They don't need to "get rid" of anyone. Just stop ADDING them. In a few months half will be gone anyway.

16. NJ Jimmy

NJ Jimmy

Driving:
    UberX
    Without reading though 7 pages of nonsense, In assume someone has already lamsasted this person? Econ 101.

17. Torber

Torber

The government can controller the number of drivers on the road . They've done it in New York by freezing licensing for a whole year.

18. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Heck, they wouldn't need to stop adding. Just cut out their advertising for new drivers for a while.