• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to reduce the number of Uber drivers? List your suggestion

dryverjohn

Let's face it there is over saturation in most markets. Let's work together to get more drivers off the road. List your tips for eliminating your competition in your area.
I'll start, under age riders. Yesterday, 3 kids got in my car heading to a High School, my first question. Is everyone over 18? Response, NO, sorry it is illegal for you to be in my car. Response, an Uber driver took us here. Next I pulled over, called support, saw pax request another uber, declined went offline. Customer support, I want to report illegal activity, pax were informed that they can't take Uber as they are underage. They just got in another drivers car, they are breaking the law. You must deactivate that driver. The location is a high school, if there are 2000 people there, 1500 are underage. Why doesn't Uber screen for age at a high school pickup and dropoff. Put the liability on Uber, Pax, and new driver. You must deactivate the driver, you know who they are because they just picked up the pax that I called you about. Uber, you are breaking the law right now, you are engaged in illegal activity, what are you going to do. I have informed you of your illegal activities and you have knowledge of this event, all on a recorded line.

The CSR will stutter and send you to critical response team. You will speak with another CSR. Empathetic and acknowledge illegal activity and thank you for your call. 1 less driver on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

tradedate

Calling to drop a dime on another driver that's just trying to earn money the best way they can is not honorable.

Clearly some drivers are desperate, and you could be cutting off their means of surviving and feeding their families.

Put the focus where it should be, on having Uber charge a fair price, and pay the drivers the rates they deserve. Then you won't have to spend time picking off competition.

dryverjohn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Calling to drop a dime on another driver that's just trying to earn money the best way they can is not honorable.

Clearly some drivers are desperate, and you could be cutting off their means of surviving and feeding their families.

Put the focus where it should be, on having Uber charge a fair price, and pay the drivers the rates they deserve. Then you won't have to spend time picking off competition.
By condoning illegal behavior. You realize you are doing them a favor, they could face criminal charges for picking up minors. How is alerting them to this fact, not honorable. Are you saying that we should close our eyes to illegal activity? Please clarify, why we should not report illegal activity?

Unless you're in a tiny market with a very small number of drivers utilizing that amount of time to remove a few drivers won't even register enough to have an effect. It's not even a drop in the bucket.

The time you spend doing that (and Uber probably won't even do anything) will actually benefit another driver

Last edited:

Las Vegas Dude

Let's face it there is over saturation in most markets. Let's work together to get more drivers off the road. List your tips for eliminating your competition in your area.
I'll start, under age riders. Yesterday, 3 kids got in my car heading to a High School, my first question. Is everyone over 18? Response, NO, sorry it is illegal for you to be in my car. Response, an Uber driver took us here. Next I pulled over, called support, saw pax request another uber, declined went offline. Customer support, I want to report illegal activity, pax were informed that they can't take Uber as they are underage. They just got in another drivers car, they are breaking the law. You must deactivate that driver. The location is a high school, if there are 2000 people there, 1500 are underage. Why doesn't Uber screen for age at a high school pickup and dropoff. Put the liability on Uber, Pax, and new driver. You must deactivate the driver, you know who they are because they just picked up the pax that I called you about. Uber, you are breaking the law right now, you are engaged in illegal activity, what are you going to do. I have informed you of your illegal activities and you have knowledge of this event, all on a recorded line.

If you quit there would be one less Uber driver, it would help everyone else in your city. You yourself are part of the oversaturation problem.

Last edited:

Classified

Only Uber can get driver numbers reduced, they have no incentive to do so, more drivers mean more income for Uber,

My first suggestion to Uber, start deactivating drivers who have the worse fuel rating vehicle, next raising vehicle year, forcing all of us to get newer fuel efficient vehicles,

Contact your local tax place, get them to force Uber to disclose Uber drivers money, if drivers are forced to pay tax, then a lot won’t bother joining uber

tradedate

By condoning illegal behavior. You realize you are doing them a favor, they could face criminal charges for picking up minors. How is alerting them to this fact, not honorable. Are you saying that we should close our eyes to illegal activity? Please clarify, why we should not report illegal activity?
Let me reverse that question. Has Uber tasked the drivers with reporting the actions of another driver? If not, what makes it our responsibility?

From a safety perspective, I'm not really worried about a group of high school students getting into a car with an Uber driver. They are in a group, and every movement is tracked by GPS from start to finish.

And lastly, your intentions are not honorable because you're not doing from the perspective of some lofty goal of compliance with the law or passenger safety. Your whole purpose is to knock off the competition, so that you can suck up more below minimum wage fares. That's what's not honorable.

Merc7186

Only Uber can get driver numbers reduced, they have no incentive to do so, more drivers mean more income for Uber,

My first suggestion to Uber, start deactivating drivers who have the worse fuel rating vehicle, next raising vehicle year, forcing all of us to get newer fuel efficient vehicles,

Contact your local tax place, get them to force Uber to disclose Uber drivers money, if drivers are forced to pay tax, then a lot won’t bother joining uber
What does fuel rating have anything to do with it?

Also, what area do you live in where you dont pay tax??

Furthermore, why do you believe Uber cares about the drivers expenses in the first place?

BigRedDriver

I did this awhile ago although I did think about turning drivers in for unaccompanied minors.

Went to location. Found minor. Refused minor. Second driver showed up. Approached driver.

Told driver he should just cancel and avoid hassle if caught

Driver said he wouldn’t get a cancellation fee.

Showed him how to contact support to get fee.

Driver thanked me and told the kid No Ride.

Then told driver that Lyft paid $5 for cancels compared to 3.50 on Uber.

Hmmmmm, he said. Just turn on Lyft from 2:30 to 4. Collect fees.

Gotta love it.

Kid looked REALLY PISSED!