How to PR Bomb Uber to our Benefit

Would You Contribute to the cause?

• Nah, Das stoopid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

david joe

Some one suggested I make a Seperate Post of one of my comments on how to handle Uber's recent @@@@etry so here you go, feel free to start it up and I'll happily donate to the cause.
Step 1: Set Up a class action lawsuit.
Step 2: Rent a Billboard on I 95 going south on the most congested part Saying something to the effect of "UBER Customer Price Gouging lawsuit Hotline Please call 1-800-SUE-UBER or visit UberGouging.com
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit
Basically this is a ploy for Drivers to benefit. Riders are gonna see this and ask, how is Uber scamming me out of my hard earned money, Drivers are gonna see this and see that someone is actually doing something about it.
Now Best Case Scenario is that the Uber legal team tries to get a hold of this and tries to take it down, Now why would that be best case scenario? Simple, The Local News media and Radio would already have got a hold of this and started reporting in Said Billboard and the Uber Legal Team just gave you more ammo by setting themselves up as a Shady Bussiness trying to silence the hard working every day driver.
We all know how GREAT Uber is at PR Disasters so this will probably get picked up by national media. Once this is done you forced Uber's hand and they will have to do something to fix the problem and like DJ Khaled once said, "Congratulations, you played yourself".
There I suggested a reasonable way to fix it now some one go do it. if someone says "why don't you do it?", well DAMN you want me to wipe your ass for you too? Or "How are you gonna pay for the billboard?" Well DAMN you want me to think that up for you too? Ok FINE
STEP 1: set up an Indiegogo or gofundme page.
STEP 2: put the link in all relevant forums
STEP 3:????
STEP 4: Profit!

Jc.

Better start with a Facebook page and paid ads through FB and IG, it's easier for people to click on and read more about it, set up a website with detailed info about those gouges and how they are screwing both drivers and pax. It will be cheaper as well

david joe

Better start with a Facebook page and paid ads through FB and IG, it's easier for people to click on and read more about it, set up a website with detailed info about those gouges and how they are screwing both drivers and pax. It will be cheaper as well
Yeah all thats groundwork prior to buying ad space on a prime location overlooking a highway but on its own its not as effective as I have both IG and facebook and the 1 or 2 times I see anything relating to the subject,I never thought twice to click on either at any point in time. The objective of the billboards would be to have UBER attempt to have them removed as media starts reporting on it, That way any ensuing reports will say that Uber is trying to silence us. Hell I'd put a pepe the frog next to the text in the advertisement just to increase the exposure.By the wat If any one can photoshop that and post a pic that would be awesome.

Kodyhead

Might have to make signs or stuff in different languages, i can help with Ebonics and speak a little sucker

JimKE

Anybody speak Millennial? That's a big pax demographic.

I have a friend who is fluent in Redneck.

makes_sense

Anything is worth a shot I'm sure alot of drivers would contribute to a gofundme anybody fighting you for thinking of something to help out drivers is an company employee or Happy to work for giggles so let's proceed.

Flacco

Does anyone know someone that has a billboard for rent?

I would, or someone else could, set up Gofundme.

This is not the thread for jokes so please guys.

If 10 of us start this and ask for more help, like network, we might be able to pull it off. Worth a try

rembrandt

First try with writing an op- ed or open letter addressing to the new CEO on a national newspaper like the New York Times/ Washington Post. That should include everything from Uberpool , upfront money grab to illicit algorithms. See what he replies. This would also reveal if the CEO change is merely a cosmetic PR makeover and the very same Uber mafia led by Kalanick is still calling the shots from the background.

Flacco

Billboard with a high traffic area anywhere is South Florida. If we can at least know we are going to be able to secure and pay for the billboard, we should be able to get a LocalNews Channel to take a couple of upfront Uber Fraud trips that I know which routes gouge. Then, we get the billboard up and have the News Channel run the story. Another headache for Uber that cheats. Maybe get a National News Outlet after that as Uber is a target!!! Many would run that story. Who's in and who is donating? I'm in for $100

https://www.fastcompany.com/40424171/lawsuit-accuses-uber-of-fare-fraud

Kodyhead

I would donate money as well but i think it is important to establish communication as well after the billboard runs out

Best ones are the billboards near the airports