• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to not get screwed from uber

Ptuberdriver

Well I had a lot of close calls when it comes to vomit, but that luck ran out tonight. A drunk girl ended up vomiting on the seat and ended up on the floor. It's leather seats so I was able to wipe it off and wipe the carpet before any damage happened. I submitted a claim for a mess, and decided to stop for the night. Now how can I get the fee for my inconvenience without a hassle? Do I really need to get a claim from a detailer or can I invoice myself for cleaning the mess. And what r the rates for bio cleanup?

Attachments

Coachman

I read here recently that every cleaning fee would require a receipt. I've never claimed a cleaning fee so I don't know.

Ptuberdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I read here recently that every cleaning fee would require a receipt. I've never claimed a cleaning fee so I don't know.
Ok so I got $80 from the vomit,

and I wiped it off before it set in, how can I clean it so I don't have a smell? I really don't need my car smelling of alcohol and bile.

Homie G

taco stop?
Post automatically merged:

they will tip you in app. guaranteed bra

TheCount

and I wiped it off before it set in, how can I clean it so I don't have a smell? I really don't need my car smelling of alcohol and bile.
I've gone to self-service car wash and used carpet shampoo machine for $2. Worked great.

Merc7186

First off, once you snap your pics, clean IMMEIDATELY. Do not let that crap just soak into your cushions and carpet because it is only going to get worse. Buy a can of carpet cleaner, find a coin operated vacuum and start scrubbing and sucking...

IR12

Charcoal absorbs smells.

80.00 is an insult. That's why you should download the worse vomit image and submit that. If done right, you should get $200.-- 250.00.
I remember when it was $450.00....ahhh, the hood old days.

peteyvavs

Buy pet cleaner, follow directions and odor eliminated. Buy rubber floor mats, easy to clean with a power wash.

Last edited:

Erin C Banning

It's outrageous that a receipt is required.

If the driver provides proof of the damage and the companies acknowledge the claim is legit, they should payout, period.

It's none of U/L's business what the driver does with the money.
I've had to submit for cleaning fees of various severity probably at least 5 times over the years, and never had a receipt required, only pics of the mess.

peteyvavs

I've had to submit for cleaning fees of various severity probably at least 5 times over the years, and never had a receipt required, only pics of the mess.
Uber just changed their cleaning fees policy because of a few scammers that were making more then 20 false claims over a short period of time.

rkozy

I have light-colored cloth seats that are gorgeous...but stain easier than a pair of white slacks at a mud wrestling tournament.

I went out and bought a Bissel Pet Stain Eraser. It's a cordless rechargeable upholstery cleaner vac, so you can bring it along with you. This thing works like professional grade equipment.

I've had passengers vomit, piss, and get chicken grease on my seats. They still look like showroom floor condition, and my car is 11 years old. Get a Bissel Pet Stain Eraser. It was $70 at Target. It'll pay for itself on the first use.