• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to make more $$$ on UberX?

Driv0rX

Trying to figure out how to get more money out of UberX ride.

Does time plays role if you drive slower you will get more cash or its based only on distance?

If i drive group of people and they set destination, but asking me to make slight deviation and drip off person or stop at 7eleven to get booze on the way to destination.

Will i asking them to change destination in uber app give me more $$$?

If i don't ask them to change destination and just drive off desired route a little bit - will extra miles count in more $$$ for me?

P.S. are there any penalty for deviating from uberX GPS path i should know of?

Atom guy

You are getting a much lower rate on time than you are on miles, so driving slower or getting stuck in traffic is NOT a winning strategy. Getting the passengers to their destination quickly and getting the next ride is a better plan.

You do not have to follow Uber's navigation, but if you purposely drive an extended route the passengers will complain and down rate you.

UberX is not a big money maker. The rates are too low. You need to learn your market and where and when it is busy, and maximize your earnings that way. DO NOT chase surge pricing. By the time you get there the surge will be gone.

steveK2016

Driving slower may earn you an extra shiney penny or two. It adds up!

Multiple drop offs are great just make sure they update each destination in their app. It wont make you more money but itll insure they dont lie and report inefficient route and take the money away from you.

Best way to earn more on X is to solicit for tips. Laminated sign works, tablet tipping signs witj credit card processing is awesome.

SEAL Team 5

Trying to figure out how to get more money out of UberX ride.

Does time plays role if you drive slower you will get more cash or its based only on distance?

If i drive group of people and they set destination, but asking me to make slight deviation and drip off person or stop at 7eleven to get booze on the way to destination.

Will i asking them to change destination in uber app give me more $$$?

If i don't ask them to change destination and just drive off desired route a little bit - will extra miles count in more $$$ for me?

P.S. are there any penalty for deviating from uberX GPS path i should know of?
That $.12/min must really be adding up for you.

Driv0rX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Penny goes a long way, lol.

At least there's some incentive for me not to drive like a maniac.

Clifford Chong

I would always work wherever the pax takes me and never try to go back at the same spot because of gas.

I disagree with signs but do whatever you please. I haven't used signs and it worked out well for me.

Don't speed. Pax hate speeders and so do drivers who has clean records. You can't afford to pay for tickets or citations at your rates so try to follow the rules of the road.

Ubers GPS (The one that is shown by your app as you pick up a pax) has a strong tendency to take the 'shortest' direct route with the fewest turns. If the traffic isn't too bad, then I would just use that.

Last edited: