How to make a strike work

novadrivergal

Yes, it's possible but it would require a lot of effort and some capital.

The key is you have to sign up thousands of drivers, not the 50 who read this forum.

--Hang out in the TNC airport lots. Assign people with language skills, LOL.

--Hang out at the Uber offices, talking to everyone going in and out.

--Go out at peak hours and request rides. Make them all minimum fare rides to be most cost effective and use lots of new dummy accounts so we all give each other referral cash. Recruit every driver who gets a ping from one of the organizers.

It would not be easy to convince drivers this is legit and not an insidious attempt by uber to find dissenters or use their contact info for some other evil purpose.

It would take time and money as well as credibility. Perhaps a labor organization would bankroll it. If a well known organization put a page on their website confirming this is a real thing, you could give drivers a flyer with that address. I know if I went to the Teamsters website (just for example) and saw that page that would convince me to give up my contact info instantly. Another possibility would be to get an elected official to bless the effort and use their website.

Organize 5,000 drivers in the DC area and THEN you are truly in business with the possibility of creating absolute chaos for Uber. You wouldn't even have to give up a full day's pay. If thousands of drivers went on strike for even two super-peak hours, the evil overlords would be hyperventilating.

Another Uber Driver

Some of these ideas are not bad, but I would shy from the one that I quoted. Odds are that someone would point you out to someone inside and there might be a risk of de-activation. I would add a few, but what I would add would be in violation of Forum Rules, which, obviously, I can not do.

I am aware that Uber's de-activating a driver for doing something similar to what is quoted likely would be illegal, but, when did something's being against the law ever bother Uber?

UberSolo

Yes, it's possible but it would require a lot of effort and some capital.

The key is you have to sign up thousands of drivers, not the 50 who read this forum.

--Hang out in the TNC airport lots. Assign people with language skills, LOL.

--Go out at peak hours and request rides. Make them all minimum fare rides to be most cost effective and use lots of new dummy accounts so we all give each other referral cash. Recruit every driver who gets a ping from one of the organizers.

It would not be easy to convince drivers this is legit and not an insidious attempt by uber to find dissenters or use their contact info for some other evil purpose.

It would take time and money as well as credibility. Perhaps a labor organization would bankroll it. If a well known organization put a page on their website confirming this is a real thing, you could give drivers a flyer with that address. I know if I went to the Teamsters website (just for example) and saw that page that would convince me to give up my contact info instantly. Another possibility would be to get an elected official to bless the effort and use their website.

Organize 5,000 drivers in the DC area and THEN you are truly in business with the possibility of creating absolute chaos for Uber. You wouldn't even have to give up a full day's pay. If thousands of drivers went on strike for even two super-peak hours, the evil overlords would be hyperventilating.
in this incredibly healthy DC Metro Region Job market are u seriously unable to secure gainful employment in the hundreds of local lucrative industries? Uber is a filler, supplemental, not full time and certainly not a career. Or is there a mental health issue causing u to be unemployable? is ur goal possibly sitting on your brains all day in a low skill, low wage position playing immigrant taxi man? Is flexibility the attraction? Are u just plain ol' lazy (which is cool)? inquiring minds want to know. Honestly if u want to earn more money the Ground Transportation Industry is NOT the place to be.

New2This

Or is there a mental health issue causing u to be unemployable?
So says 'she' that has half a dozen aliases on an internet forum, imitates other members of said forum, and pretends to be a woman on said forum.

Those sound like the true mental health issues to me...

UberSolo

So says 'she' that has half a dozen aliases on an internet forum, imitates other members of said forum, and pretends to be a woman on said forum.

Babbling TROLL alert New2This. Go elsewhere young lady, go elsewhere to Troll & babble

UberSaur

hahahahahahahahaha...
Did you all know...
THIS TROLL (DownTown Julie Brown) is even following and harassing UberSaur on YouTube!!?

Alidean

I don't get what people dont understand about uber. It's made to prevent that. Best case scenario you get even 25% of the drivers to revolt. If and it's a big if uber didn't throw out massive incentives to get drivers out on the road surge would go up to at least 2.0 across most of the area. How many of those 25% drivers for you think would break ranks and go drive