How to keep your PAX Quiet and from being so Nosey

SMH Uber

Pax are so nosey. They ask a lot of personal questions as if they have the right to. They are unaware of how evasive they questions are. If you tell them they are asking too many questions or getting too personal, they 1 star you.

I don't want to talk about my life, if I work parttime or full time, what I do besides this. If I have kids, married. Where I live. Where you from, etc.

So now, I give 1 word answers and this look.

Screenshot_2016-07-26-13-15-11-1.png

I'm obviously having fun with this, but I tell them that I don't want to talk about my personal life, but thanks for asking.

What do you tell passengers when they are invading your privacy for a 5 min ride?

U for Uber

I answer the question... have a personality and be a good sport or, you know, be a human being!

I swear! The more time I spend on this site, it seems Uber drivers are being uptight a$$es on purpose! Then, get on here to complain on low ratings or no tips.

There is a post on here, not in Chicago, where a driver says "no smoking, throw it out or the ride is over." or something. And the smoker gets butt hurt and puts the cig out on his back seat and now Uber won't help pay for his repairs.

And you won't answer which suburb you live in? Ridiculous!

https://uberpeople.net/threads/rider-burnt-my-seat-with-a-cigarette.92092/

Those are the typical questions to and when we try to ask them the same questions we get the run around , How long do we work , is this all we do , if not what else do we do , what Hood we live in , the question are a mess , I tell them I'm filthy rich and I drive uber for sh*** and giggles .

U for Uber

Those are the typical questions to and when we try to ask them the same questions we get the run around , How long do we work , is this all we do , if not what else do we do , what Hood we live in , the question are a mess , I tell them I'm filthy rich and I drive uber for sh*** and giggles .
Say that if you don't want tips. You're suppose to say; "I'm working full-time and I do Uber on the side to help pay off some ______" Fill in the blank with, debt, college loans, car payments, etc. Or all 3...

Uguy22

Well, there is a simple way to deal with nosey people generally: each question you are answering is followed by a question you are asking. Any one who works in sales, e.g. car, insurance, real estate has been trained to that game....

bossr

Yea, this is all I'm doing right now. Should I make up some excuse that I'm doing something else or better?

bossr

Look, I imagine a lot of uber drivers are intelligent, hard working, street and tech savvy that like flexibility and tired of other bs jobs. . . Also strategic, and independant. . .

driving312

Passengers that talk are a good thing, they genuinely are interested and respect you as a human being. Silent ones are fine too there is no obligation to talk. But the rude people will be silent and only have negative things to say....kind of like the driver that started this thread.

People love talking about themselves so when asked a question always ask it in return. That is normal social conversation.
At busy times you might have to purely focus on driving to get them to their destination safely. No big deal to tell them that.

awins

First things first. You gotta fillabuster the ride with your answer. Tell them how much you love driving for Uber. They eat that up. If you don't have any good interesting stories then just make some believable ones up.

awins

Yea, this is all I'm doing right now. Should I make up some excuse that I'm doing something else or better?
It's good if you can say the job gives you the freedom to do something you love. Like volunteer or chase a dream.

SMH Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Passengers that talk are a good thing, they genuinely are interested and respect you as a human being. Silent ones are fine too there is no obligation to talk. But the rude people will be silent and only have negative things to say....kind of like the driver that started this thread.

People love talking about themselves so when asked a question always ask it in return. That is normal social conversation.
At busy times you might have to purely focus on driving to get them to their destination safely. No big deal to tell them that.
Asking personal invasive questions about me is rude. If pax want to talk about themselves that is fine and well. I don't want to talk about me. My job is to get you to from point A to B safely and kindly. ThAT does not include you deleving into my life, trying to solve my world problems, trying to figure out what makes me tick, because I choose to drive for uber.

These pax don't give a damn about you, or respect you. They project on you and judge you for doing this job; all the while they benefit from a cheap ride. You only know most of them for 10 mins. If they could careless they would.

I don't care if pax talk about themselves. I dont want to be baited into talking about them.

My personal life is off limits. You do what you do, and carry on... on your own thread no less. scram.

SMH Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, there is a simple way to deal with nosey people generally: each question you are answering is followed by a question you are asking. Any one who works in sales, e.g. car, insurance, real estate has been trained to that game....
I've tried that and is so tiring. I don't want the banter. I just want to get pax to next point quietly. Doing that 20 times a day gets old.

driving312

Asking personal invasive questions about me is rude. If pax want to talk about themselves that is fine and well. I don't want to talk about me. My job is to get you to from point A to B safely and kindly. ThAT does not include you deleving into my life, trying to solve my world problems, trying to figure out what makes me tick, because I choose to drive for uber.

These pax don't give a damn about you, or respect you. They project on you and judge you for doing this job; all the while they benefit from a cheap ride. You only know most of them for 10 mins. If they could careless they would.

I don't care if pax talk about themselves. I dont want to be baited into talking about them.

My personal life is off limits. You do what you do, and carry on... on your own thread no less. scram.
If you can't handle people being sociable and asking questions or redirecting them then you really have some bigger underlying issues, that's all.
Want to talk about it? :wink: