• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to increase tip percentage

shreybaf

Hey guys,

Around 15-20% of my riders tip. What percentage of your rides tip? And how should I increase this. I feel like industry average is around 40% of riders tipping, but I could be wrong.

WindyCityAnt

I average about 150-200$ a week usually. I try never to use the electronic navigation apps/devices to get distracted from. People usually like that! Specially in the city! But if your good use the grid for the city. So much easier to understand.

EngineerAtHeart

60-80% of XL's tip. Usually average about 30% my cut (because they think they're tipping 20%). X's only about 10% of the time for 10% of fare. My dollar amounts of tips (not percentage of riders) have gone up huge since I put a Trump 2020 sticker on my bumper. Ratings have gone down .02 to 4.96 :sneaky:.

HYPExBEAST

I average about 150-200$ a week usually. I try never to use the electronic navigation apps/devices to get distracted from. People usually like that! Specially in the city! But if your good use the grid for the city. So much easier to understand.
Bullsh*t . More like 60-90

WindyCityAnt

Bullsh*t . More like 60-90
Dude last week I have a post from a single tipping pax. Here’s another one...

Had a 20 something chick going to dinner 1.5 miles away in DT. She tipped me 10$ for her swearing on the phone to someone the whole ride there. She felt bad, but she tipped very well! You never know.

You don’t think I made 200$ easy that week? But I do work a lot more than others at times people refuse to. So that could be it also.

OP-Matt

Hey guys,

Around 15-20% of my riders tip. What percentage of your rides tip? And how should I increase this. I feel like industry average is around 40% of riders tipping, but I could be wrong.
Yes you are wrong.
Depends on various factors obviously, but it’s much closer to 10% than it is 40%.
Unless you are giving out free ZJs?

HYPExBEAST

Act like an @@@@@@@. I get tipped all the time and I
Dude last week I have a post from a single tipping pax. Here’s another one...

Had a 20 something chick going to dinner 1.5 miles away in DT. She tipped me 10$ for her swearing on the phone to someone the whole ride there. She felt bad, but she tipped very well! You never know.

You don’t think I made 200$ easy that week? But I do work a lot more than others at times people refuse to. So that could be it also.
BULLLLSH!t show proof. Which u won’t because it’s a lie