1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How to handle drunks by Uber...

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by UberReallySucks, Sep 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. UberReallySucks

UberReallySucks Well-Known Member

1. Uber strongly suggests that you try to remain calm and professional throughout every ride.

2. If a rider is attempting to provoke a confrontation, it’s best to remain cool, use non-threatening words and even a friendly tone of voice.

3. If possible, try to enlist the assistance of a sober (or less drunk) friend of the inebriated rider.

4. Try to strike up a friendly conversation with them - ask them general questions about themselves, offer to play their favorite music etc. Breathe and Smile! ;)

5. We do not recommend confronting the rider physically.

6. If at any time you feel that your personal safety is threatened, we recommend calling the local emergency services in your area.
    No comments!!!
    Don't forget to breath and smile though!

2. UberReallySucks

Now let me give you some real advice on how to handle drunks. Breathing and smiling is not going to get you anywhere with 4 inebriated *******s in your car. The best way to handle rowdy drunks and troublemakers is not to deal with them.

First thing you do is look at the ratings of your paxs, because that's your fellow Uber People giving you heads up on what kind of rider to expect... 4.6* stars and below, stop somewhere before your destination and call your rider to "confirm" their pick up location.

This will allow you 2 things; 1. you can ask where they're headed, that way you will know if the trip is worth your while or not; 2. you will see what kind of drunk you're dealing with; is it a nice, happy drunk or an ******* of a drunk?

Based on that you can decide if you want to go ahead with that request or cancel that trip and save yourself the aggravation.
    If Uber is so keen on being the drunk paxs best friends, they can start sending their corporate people to pick them up on the weekends, starting by whoever compiled that list.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    groot likes this.
  3. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I just point my firearm at them and that works just about everytime. The time it didn't, I had a change of heart and tasered the SOB. He was drunk so who would believe him that I pulled my concealed weapon on him? I didnt want blood and guts all over my interior as I know Uber would only give me up to $250 for clean up.

ExNavyGuy123 likes this.
  4. UberReallySucks

actually, I think it's only up to S 200 now :)

ExNavyGuy123 and ocbob2 like this.
  5. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So throw up is $250 and blood and guts is $250? Good to know next time. I still might shoot the next drunk but I will email Uber and tell him it is very chunky Upchuck.

6. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is the very first time Uber admits we, the drivers, really have a "drunks" problem.

I completely stopped working past 11:00 pm refusing to service the drunks and their unjustified ratings.

Each time a drunk rated me low and I attempted contacting Uber explaining that these drunks rated me unfairly, they did not offer any help or removal of bad rating.

F you Uber.

All these drunk people that don't deserve Uber drivers must be left to be picked up by cabs. Cabs don't worry about ratings.

Oh My and UberReallySucks like this.
  7. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Drivers: Houston! We have "drunks" problem!

TK: Tell drivers to be professional. Tell them drunks rate better. By the way, tips are not necessary. Uber On!

8. UberReallySucks

Caught on camera: Rowdy passengers beat up Uber driver

9. Annapolis Ghostrider

Annapolis Ghostrider Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah I read the whole drunk guidelines thing and just laughed.

I had a couple from a wedding tonight and they were ****-hammered. The guy knocked on the window asking if I was "the Uber guy" which did not make me happy. I'm not the guy seeking your stars, I'm the Uber driver seeking your $$$.

So we get it together and start talking how they were from Indiana and at a weeding and whatever. Then the chick(who was too hot for this guy) starting puking out the window. I pulled over.

So the guy is giving me the arm like, "keep driving." Then he says, "keep driving." WTF?

Luckily there was a park right there, I pulled in and got her out of my car. I cleaned the puke off the door (didn't take a picture Uber, because I'm human and I'm just gonna clean **** up right away). The guy stayed in the car! He said, "is the meter still running?" Yeah dumbass, what do you think?

So I told this guy his woman, not the meter was important. I gave the girl the rest of the water and made sure she was ok for the rest of the 7 mile trip. Guy promised me a "big tip" but all I got was a "sorry for puking on your car" from the chick in the end. Hopefully she donkey punched that dumbass boyfriend when they got to the room, he deserved a rough once over. Maybe some puke on his dick?

Yelahi, UberXTampa and ocbob2 like this.
  10. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX