1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

how to get uber to approve you for boston

Discussion in 'Boston' started by thatman889, Jun 11, 2017.

1. thatman889

thatman889 Member

I singed up for uber for hartford since i live in CT and thats where my license and car are from, but i have quickly realized the pay rates in CT are not that good, at least compared to boston. Tried out providence but the per mile rate is worse, higher per minute but really not enough to make up for it. NH is good but not enough requests due to smaller city sizes. Really want to try boston or worcester but i dont see how to do that. I know I need the seperate CORI check but how do i get uber to activate me for Mass? Currently it doesnt allow me to go online in mass. Although i had a ride from NH to MA the other day so not exactly sure how that makes sense. The change city request thing says i wont be able to drive for 3 weeks and ill have to reupload docs or something, defitinley not what i want to do nor is it whats required, at least i assume

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. ram nath

ram nath Well-Known Member

I don't wanna ba jackass but it's damn slow here in Boston even for part time like myself. And the last thing we need here is more drivers. So plz do urself favor and also big favor to drivers here in Boston and plz stay down. Thx

BostonUberGuy likes this.
  3. thatman889

thatman889 Member

I have searched on this forum, the closet answer i found was open a ticket with uber but i honestly cant figure out where it is you open a ticket.

4. Nate b

Nate b Well-Known Member

Don't listen to ram nath. He is consistently one of the most negative people this forum has ever seen. I don't have the answer to your question but feel free to come drive here. It is slower than usual but u will definitely make more money than CT/NH/RI

HAAS and B - uberlyftdriver like this.
  5. john1975

john1975 Well-Known Member

It might take 3 weeks before they approve you in Ma. But it should probably be sooner. You can try calling uber or if you really wanna move things visit the office here in Dorchester.

6. sunnyyy

sunnyyy Active Member

Account -> help -> account and payment -> changing account settings -> I have another account issue. Ask to be able to drive in Massachusetts. They will send you a CORI request form. Send it in. A week later if they haven't gotten back to you, ask about the results. You will be able to drive in mass very quickly.

dwreck likes this.
  7. Tysmith95

Tysmith95 Well-Known Member

You know, by being helpful on here you are inviting more competition :)

Arb Watson likes this.
  8. sunnyyy

sunnyyy Active Member

So what? I'm sure someone stops driving every time a new person starts. People were helpful to me when I first started and so I'm going to return the favor. Karma and hospitality go a long way.

HAAS, Arb Watson and john1975 like this.
  9. bagualusa22

bagualusa22 Active Member

or you can go to uber office here in Massachusetts .
    Offices are located at:
    Dorchester Greenlight Location
    960 Morrissey Boulevard, Suite 7
    Boston, MA 02122
    Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00am-5:30pm,
    Saturday: 10:00am-4:00pm
    Sunday: 12:00pm-4:00pm

Boston Greenlight Location
    239 Causeway Street
    Boston, MA 02114
    Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00am-5:30pm
    Saturday: CLOSED
    Sunday: CLOSED

testtesttest likes this.
  10. TravisSux

TravisSux Member

I agree with sunnyyy, only a tiny fraction of Boston drivers are on this forum. Even a smaller amount ask for help.
    Helping someone, who comes to this forum for advice, (which is what forums are for) will not cost you a nickel.
    If you know of a person that request a ride every morning at 3:45, and tips $20, that is the kind of info you can reasonably keep to yourself.
    Public knowledge that a person is having trouble finding sure isn't the same as that.

Jaackil likes this.
  11. Mvlab

Mvlab Well-Known Member

Some time ago a Buddhist monk was arrested in CA for vandalizing 40 or 50 cars ( broken mirrors, etc.). He said in his defense that he was frustrated because he killed an insect. Karma is a terrible thing!

12. thatman889

thatman889 Member

Your a nice person, thank you. I also signed up for Lyft in Boston so hopefully ill get approved for that soon as well.
    May you have a weekend full of surges.

13. Mvlab

Mvlab Well-Known Member

Amen.

14. StaplesGuy

StaplesGuy Active Member

Great....more out-of-state drivers coming into Boston

15. thatman889

thatman889 Member

They responded saying "our current setup only allows partner to have an account associated with one city". To change cities they say i would need to respond asking to change cities, at which point they would review my documents again and run the background check, which i assume would be the CORI. They said it would take 2-3 weeks and my account would not be active during that time. Does anyone know if Mass requires in state docs?

16. sunnyyy

sunnyyy Active Member

Tell them you want to add boston, not change your city. They did the same to me. Be persistent, you get canned replies for a while before a real person. Do not consent to 2-3 weeks.

Attached Files:

BostonTaxiDriver and tohunt4me like this.
  17. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  18. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the culling.

It can't come sooner down south.

Hurry up with the fed checks!

tohunt4me likes this.
  19. RichNH

RichNH Well-Known Member

I went into the green light office on causeway it was done in 10 minutes

How far from 128 are you?

20. thatman889

thatman889 Member

Can you send me the opt in link or is it specific to you. Also I am decently far from the greenlight office and would really like to avoid having to go there for this.

EDIT: Nevermind just recieved an email within 5 minutes of my response which looked identical to yours. Opted in and so should i receive the consent form in the driver app or by email?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017