How to get out of uberpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am noticing more and more riders are requesting uberpool due to the fact they have to pay less. Because of this, we end picking more passengers, driving around city, wasting gas, making less. One guy specifically requested a uberpool so he would save $14 (he had to go from queens quay west/yonge to missisauga). So as you can imagine, the distance was typically around 35 - 40 kms. Normally you would make $25 - $35 for the trip. But i only made $14 for all of that distance convered. Thereby, spending more gas but making less. There are several more examples.
I emailed uber and requested to not receive any uberpool requests, but to no avail. They said this cannot be done.
Does anyone know any systematic approach to be taken out of uberpool successfully?
Please and thank you.
I appreciate all input.

Actionjax

i am noticing more and more riders are requesting uberpool due to the fact they have to pay less. Because of this, we end picking more passengers, driving around city, wasting gas, making less. One guy specifically requested a uberpool so he would save $14 (he had to go from queens quay west/yonge to missisauga). So as you can imagine, the distance was typically around 35 - 40 kms. Normally you would make $25 - $35 for the trip. But i only made $14 for all of that distance convered. Thereby, spending more gas but making less. There are several more examples.
I emailed uber and requested to not receive any uberpool requests, but to no avail. They said this cannot be done.
Does anyone know any systematic approach to be taken out of uberpool successfully?
Please and thank you.
I appreciate all input.
It can't be done...suck it up buttercup. :smiles:

Superduber

Please and thank you.
I appreciate all input.
You always have the choice to accept or ignore. My view on poo is don't accept it unless it is both surged and close. If it is not surged then by definition it is not busy and you have a low chance of matching. After all expenses, gas, depreciation, maintenance, dead km, unmatched poo doesn't make economic sense.

NFIH

Ignore the ones you don't want to take. If you ignore three or so consecutive requests you'll likely be knocked off the system for 10 minutes or more. But IMO it's worth it to avoid losing money as you describe. Accept a downtown pool ride every once in a while and you should be fine.

Deoxlar

Chances are you won't get three pools in a row unless it is surging. Also why would you accept pool when it's surging? There will always be people paying uber x surge prices. Not everyone is cheap.

NFIH

Chances are you won't get three pools in a row unless it is surging. Also why would you accept pool when it's surging? There will always be people paying uber x surge prices. Not everyone is cheap.
I've had three consecutive Pool pings numerous times without it being surge. It's less a function of surge than it is of Pool now being the default selection and people being cheap, IMO.

mavetick

When you don't take a pool I think your kinda messing up the guy who does because he has to drive farther to get them and I have heard from a reputable source that uber is now keeping a very close eye on drivers ignoring and not taking pools so soon your ten minute cut off could be a job ending decision , I have been doing some good coin on pools probably cause you guys turn them down so fine by me .

WillC

I believe some riders are not giving choice other than UberPool when they need a ride, so it is not always the rider's fault. I have heard few stories that riders were frustrated by UberPool but were not given other ride option, such as UberX.

mavetick

Je
I believe some riders are not giving choice other than UberPool when they need a ride, so it is not always the rider's fault. I have heard few stories that riders were frustrated by UberPool but were not given other ride option, such as UberX.
Heard that too , apparently it's the first thing that pops up on the app?, Not too sure cause I'm.not familiar with the passenger app .

Sergei

When you don't take a pool I think your kinda messing up the guy who does because he has to drive farther to get them and I have heard from a reputable source that uber is now keeping a very close eye on drivers ignoring and not taking pools so soon your ten minute cut off could be a job ending decision , I have been doing some good coin on pools probably cause you guys turn them down so fine by me .
Should they do that, it will leave them exposed to a massive lawsuit (possibly class action). I won't get into the details because it is my trump card should Uber try to do what you suggest.

btw I also don't accept pool and I have a background in law.

NFIH

You seem to be contradicting yourself within the span of the same post. First you say declining Pool rides messes up other drivers because the latter have to then drive further for the pickup. But then at the end of the same sentence you describe Pool as earning you good money because other drivers decline them. So which is it?

UberxGTA

Please and thank you.
I appreciate all input.
Welcome to the world of higher pool earnings. The only way to avoid pool 100% is not drive where pool is available. You can refuse all pool requests but you will be timed out for bad behavior.

UberxGTA

The rider app defaults to the pool option within the pool service area but pax can select the uberx option. They just have to select the higher priced 'your own ride' option or choose 3-4 riders and that will default to Uberx. These pax were probably new and drivers need to explain it to them so they can choose more X rides.

UberxGTA

Refusing to accept pool will not get you deactivated.

mavetick

You seem to be contradicting yourself within the span of the same post. First you say declining Pool rides messes up other drivers because the latter have to then drive further for the pickup. But then at the end of the same sentence you describe Pool as earning you good money because other drivers decline them. So which is it?
Might be , sometimes you have to drive a little further if no one accepts pools but still you can make money on it , if you don't want to do pools don't , your choice , I do ok with them .

Status
Not open for further replies.