How to get multiple fares, back to back

MarissaNsT

Hello all I am a fairly new driver to uber and I am trying to figure out how to get ongoing trips? How do I get Fair request back to back? After I finish one trip how do I get another one? The partner app explains absolutely nothing but tips.

Another Uber Driver

When you complete the trip and do the rating, the application will put you back to "ready" mode. When the next ping comes, if you want the trip, acknowledge the ping. You might not always get one ping right after you finish a trip. Sometimes, you will get a ping before you have completed the trip that you are running. It will show at the top of your screen and read something like "Next trip: touch to accept". We call those "stacked pings" here.

I hope that I am understanding your question.

kc ub'ing!

3 things:
be in a busy market
be in a busy area of that market
be at a busy event in that area of that market

Other than that, there's no magic ping producing elixir. It's all catch as catch can. You'll have busy days where you'll get your next ping during your current trip. You'll have slow times where you'll wonder if the ap is working. As you learn more about your local market, you're bound to get busier! Good luck!

Tommy Vercetti

I noticed once when I was a rider the uber driver was receiving a ping for the next trip which was in the vicinity. He wasn't doing uber pool just uber X. Now that I am a driver how do I enable this feature? Or is it always on, just no luck with getting the ping?

Last edited:

ddelro219

it's always on. it's just a matter of chance. it goes in spurts for me. some days it'll happen qutie often. other times it just disappears.

ddelro219

it hurts your acceptance rate as far as i'm concerned. if you dont' want to accept it, there's a new feature that lets you stop receiving new requests while you're on a ride already.

ddelro219

tap on the little clipboard icon at the top left while on the ride then at the very bottom it'll have a button to stop requests.

Tommy Vercetti

What for? If the app is running it will notify in that regardless of notifications being turned on. However, i wonder if the app will continue to work online while the screen is locked and notify if I have a ping.

unPat

When you are using navigation or want a ping while on a ride you must turn on notifications . It don't cost a dime .