• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to get 5 stars and badges every single time.

sellkatsell44

Hello Ubers. I am a VIP passenger from NYC and take Uber everywhere I go. Lately I've noticed an influx of below average - poor Ubers. Honestly, the last time I had an Uber who warranted 5 stars was a week ago. Below are some suggestions on how to improve your ratings to get matched with more passengers. The BONUSes guarantee badges in addition to 5 stars.

1. Water is good, but not all water is equal.
Having water in your car for passengers to enjoy is a staple for any Uber. But did you know that better water brands warrant more tips? Instead of Poland Spring or Walmart brand, consider Fiji.
BONUS: You may want to offer seltzer options. If you truly want to guarantee five stars, I suggest having a container with lemon wedges for the water.

2. Be proactive
If you are passing a strip mall with lots of fast food options, offer the passengers to go through a drive through! Some of us are shy and would love to get food if the driver offers.
BONUS: Some drive throughs take longer than walking into the fast food joint and ordering food. If you see that the line is long, park your car, get the passenger's order and go inside.

3. Entertainment.
Do you know how airline companies get good reviews? More leg room, attractive personal but most importantly, good entertainment! Have a good variety of magazines stashed in the back and make sure they are recent and not outdated. Have fresh news papers as well.
BONUS: Consider installing a tablet in the back, with streaming services like Hulu, Netflix and HBO.
If you changed your title with the appropriate changes to the body of the post as well of course, to how to get $5 tips every trip.

You would be so much more well received and loved.

Cklw

Hello Ubers. I am a VIP passenger from NYC and take Uber everywhere I go. Lately I've noticed an influx of below average - poor Ubers. Honestly, the last time I had an Uber who warranted 5 stars was a week ago. Below are some suggestions on how to improve your ratings to get matched with more passengers. The BONUSes guarantee badges in addition to 5 stars.

Having water in your car for passengers to enjoy is a staple for any Uber. But did you know that better water brands warrant more tips? Instead of Poland Spring or Walmart brand, consider Fiji.
BONUS: You may want to offer seltzer options. If you truly want to guarantee five stars, I suggest having a container with lemon wedges for the water.

2. Be proactive
If you are passing a strip mall with lots of fast food options, offer the passengers to go through a drive through! Some of us are shy and would love to get food if the driver offers.
BONUS: Some drive throughs take longer than walking into the fast food joint and ordering food. If you see that the line is long, park your car, get the passenger's order and go inside.

3. Entertainment.
Do you know how airline companies get good reviews? More leg room, attractive personal but most importantly, good entertainment! Have a good variety of magazines stashed in the back and make sure they are recent and not outdated. Have fresh news papers as well.
BONUS: Consider installing a tablet in the back, with streaming services like Hulu, Netflix and HBO.
#1. Can’t afford any water at these rates.

#2 walking in and buying there food? Really, there order will be more than the fare. And you will be giving your cops the description of your car and hoping your insurance will cover it when they steal your car.

#3 see #1 about costs.

Either you have no concept of reality or I am hoping we all missed the sarcasm

RickGnVa

2. Be proactive

3. Entertainment.
GTFOH

Pulledclear

2. Be proactive

3. Entertainment.

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN...........

Seamus

2. Be proactive

3. Entertainment.
Those were really good tips so I tried them last night. I did upgrade from water to fine French Champagnes, I even offered a selection of them AND a wine list. I even hired a Bartender to serve it to them.
Next, every pax that got in my car I asked them what their favorite food was. Once they told me I stopped at the Supermarket and pulled a portable grill out of my trunk and cooked it for them.
Finally, I got a satellite internet connection installed and mounted a desktop computer for them to use. I even hired a tech support guy to follow in a car in case they had any problems. Lastly, you didn't mention it but a had a port o potty installed in the middle seat and offered to take care of the paperwork for them. Guess what happened, I STILL DIDNT GET ANY TIPS!!! Now what do you suggest?

KD_LA

Author

2. Be proactive

3. Entertainment.
How not to be called names and get kicked out by an Uber driver
YahooIcon24.gif

1. Do not request a POOL ride when in a hurry to an appointment!
2. Do not tell a driver to "cancel other passengers" when already on a POOL ride!
3. Do not assume a POOL ride pays the same as an X ride!
4. Do not enter a rideshare vehicle while still up on your high horse!
5. Given the above, and your other ridiculous posts, never assume you're a VIP passenger!

What planet do these clown trolls come from?! See his other amusing posts!

https://uberpeople.net/threads/my-driver-made-me-late-to-my-appointment.278888/
https://uberpeople.net/threads/how-to-be-a-good-uber-in-nyc.273587/

Last edited:

Uberinghonda

2. Be proactive

3. Entertainment.
Hahahaha! I took out the water and hand sanitizer after my account was put on hold because someone falsely accused me of being drunk and on drugs while driving. And the mints and gum I keep in the front for myself. I am not letting the backseat drivers and rude passengers take stuff for free anymore.

disp350

2. Be proactive

3. Entertainment.
Don't forget - you're a VIP to Uber, not to drivers. To most educated drivers, that's a signal to decline your request because all it means is you're using a specific Amex Card, you think you're excrement doesn't stink, and you're likely to be a pain in the ass passenger. So I would be proactive in ignoring your ride request. And congrats on being the latest addition to my Ignore List!