1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to get 5 stars and badges every single time.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Perrier, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Perrier

Perrier

Hello Ubers. I am a VIP passenger from NYC and take Uber everywhere I go. Lately I've noticed an influx of below average - poor Ubers. Honestly, the last time I had an Uber who warranted 5 stars was a week ago. Below are some suggestions on how to improve your ratings to get matched with more passengers. The BONUSes guarantee badges in addition to 5 stars.

1. Water is good, but not all water is equal.
    Having water in your car for passengers to enjoy is a staple for any Uber. But did you know that better water brands warrant more tips? Instead of Poland Spring or Walmart brand, consider Fiji.
    BONUS: You may want to offer seltzer options. If you truly want to guarantee five stars, I suggest having a container with lemon wedges for the water.

2. Be proactive
    If you are passing a strip mall with lots of fast food options, offer the passengers to go through a drive through! Some of us are shy and would love to get food if the driver offers.
    BONUS: Some drive throughs take longer than walking into the fast food joint and ordering food. If you see that the line is long, park your car, get the passenger's order and go inside.

3. Entertainment.
    Do you know how airline companies get good reviews? More leg room, attractive personal but most importantly, good entertainment! Have a good variety of magazines stashed in the back and make sure they are recent and not outdated. Have fresh news papers as well.
    BONUS: Consider installing a tablet in the back, with streaming services like Hulu, Netflix and HBO.

Fila likes this.
  2. JimKE

JimKE

For $.68 per mile...LMAO.

3. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Thanks Dara. Duly noted.

New2This, RickGnVa, Pusher and 6 others like this.
  4. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    Added to my troll ignore list...

5. It’s really not even entertaining anymore.

Many have beat you to this.

Step up your troll game PerrierPerrier

Cklw, Celestiality, YukonDew and 8 others like this.
  6. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I have been taking troll classes at night after I am done driving for uber

ratethis likes this.
  7. Bpr2

Bpr2

Driving:
    UberX
    Fixed

8. Jufkii

Jufkii

Driving:
    UberX
    What's sad is there are drivers out there who do provide that stuff and more. And a Pax told me of a driver who paid for both their fast food lunches as well..

9. chitownXdriver

chitownXdriver

Driving:
    UberX
    Was the driver saduber by any chance? :D

Cklw, DustyToad and Jufkii like this.
  10. And Grey Poupon.

11. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    Just so I understand this better...I making 67.5 cents per mile, 15.5 cents per minute and you want premium water, us to take you through the drive thru and want us to hand you a brand new tablet so you can stream tv shows???

Makes sense. Entitle Much?

Uberinghonda, Bpr2 and Snowblind like this.
  12. Snowblind

Snowblind

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    PerrierPerrier , bend over and I show you where you can get that Bottle of Water, Mr. VIP.
    :eek:

tohellwithu and Cableguynoe like this.
  13. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    Dont you know how much badges are worth now???

SKuber, tohellwithu and Jufkii like this.
  14. I can't figure out if this is serious or not?

And rating drivers below a 5 for anything other than poor driving, unclean car, being an A-hole is just a terrible thing to do.

No it won't, a certain % of people will downrate you just to scam uber for a refund/free ride

If it get's stolen it's almost impossible to get money for the theft even if you have them on camera, It takes about a week or 2 for some of us to scratch together that much money, they will be mistreated and constantly at risk of being stolen. People are horrible

Some drivers would have to give out up to 40 or even 50 bottles of water per day in some markets, high end water even in bulk comes to $1.00 per bottle.

even a 30% tip on a min trip won't pay for 4 bottles of Fiji water. And there's no guarantee of getting a tip. A min trip on UberXL could end up with $6.00 in water costs on a <$4.00 min trip. This is an automatic money losing situation.

Back when i used to SELL Water while driving people, i'd clear a case of water per day easy. If i was giving it away for free i'd probably give away twice that.

Lemon juice has a high sugar content, and get's sticky when it's spilled. Sugar also attracts ants/roaches. It's not a matter of "if" a lemon wedge ends up lost under a seat but WHEN.

No..
    Some of us get paid as little as $4.20 an hour to sit and wait while the car isn't moving. So no.. just no.

MoreTips, MyJessicaLS430 and ratethis like this.
  15. JimKE

JimKE

No, I think it was saduber. Grey Poupon drives in Canada -- Quebec, I think.

404NofFound likes this.
  16. Shirley, you must be joking!

17. Thats some funny stuff right there. I wish I had thought of that... make a 2nd UP account and post some suggestions that are so crazy that they get a response from the crowd.

Good post, funny guy!

18. A4FAAD60-4C43-4303-B1AA-40189D614885.jpeg Whewwww that was funny !!!

jgiun1 likes this.
  19. How bout i offer my "yellow banana" for snack?

YukonDew, jgiun1 and Cableguynoe like this.
  20. JohnnyWick

JohnnyWick

You forgot to mention to give a bj.

jgiun1 likes this.