• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to find lost item from Uber ride

linreyli

I lost an item in a Jeep Escalade Silver 4 door driven by a spanish/english speaking lady in Stockton, CA a couple days ago and an having trouble getting anywhere. Can someone help me?

RockinEZ

I lost an item in a Jeep Escalade Silver 4 door driven by a spanish/english speaking lady in Stockton, CA a couple days ago and an having trouble getting anywhere. Can someone help me?
Report it through the app, or go to support.uber.com

If the driver says they didn't find it, and it is not a phone, you are SOL.
A phone you can track.

People lose stuff all the time, and guess they lost it in an Uber.
I will give my car a good search if Uber notifies me of lost property, but if it ain't there, it ain't there.

RockinEZ

Also, keep in mind, you lost the item a couple days ago. The Uber driver could have had 15-20 customers since your ride. Any of those customers could have picked up your lost item.
This is very true. PAX view anything they find in your car as fair game.
They will even take your charger cables if you don't watch them.

Many of our passengers have never been in a car for hire before. Not even a cab.
They have no clue how to act in an Uber.

I have had them take every water bottle in the back seat.
Why would one PAX need 4 water bottles.... Well they were free were they not?

Uber's Guber

Did it happen to be $25,000 in large currencies ? I may know who it is.
LOL. Reminds me of the time when this cheap paxhole exited my vehicle. I rolled down the window an shouted “hey, did you lose a large roll of money with a rubber band around it?” The paxhole turned around all wide-eyed and said "Yeah! Yes I did!
I replied back, "Well, I found the rubber band!" :p

Sydney Uber

I'm from Australia, and even I know that car doesn't exist.

Interesting how Uber treats its customers with disdain everywhere.

reg barclay

Just so everyone's aware. The OP started this thread yesterday at 3:17pm, got an answer at 3:18, thanked them for the answer at 3:19, and hasn't been active on the site since. I very much doubt they're watching this thread anymore.

MarkR

This is very true. PAX view anything they find in your car as fair game.
They will even take your charger cables if you don't watch them.

Many of our passengers have never been in a car for hire before. Not even a cab.
They have no clue how to act in an Uber.

I have had them take every water bottle in the back seat.
Why would one PAX need 4 water bottles.... Well they were free were they not?
I don't keep anything in the car. I don't leave anything to chance. My cable is on my phone and that's the only cable. Most people I pick up have water on them.

Uber charges a $15 lost/returned item fee. Good luck.
Good to know. Maybe I'l leave a business cards. If anything left behind, I'll only charge $10 to return it. LOL