• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to Fight back Uber!

TheTerminator

I know like myself, thousands of other Uber drivers are frustrated with the current 25% pay reduction, which kicked in on March 11, 2019.
I been thinking for a while now, regarding how to fight back Uber, and I came up with an Idea. From now on, I will rate every rider who gets me paid significantly lower, a One Star rating. Once the rating of those thousands of short trip riders reach 4.0, and nobody pick them up, Uber will learn their lesson. Today, I rated every trip that got me paid less than $3.75, and other long trips which i got paid significantly lower, a solid One Star. Trust me, Uber will increase the rates immediately if enough drivers don't pick up low rated riders, since Uber make more money with shorter trips (due to booking fee) compared to longer trips.

UberIsAllFubared

Both of these companies have it set in their algorithm to throw out low ratings by drivers who do something like this. Likewise for pax who are constantly giving all drivers bad ratings. That is exactly why I never give a one star, but give a two or a three star. I also don't make a habit of doing it too often because I know if I do, uber/lyft will just throw the rating out.

How many Drivers 1) actually look at their pax's ratings, 2) let alone actually have some sort of sliding scale of acceptance (eg: I won't pick up passengers below 4.5), or 3) let alone care. I rarely do the first, don't have a clue on what mine would be for the 2nd, and so ultimately don't #3.

I sincerely applaud your creativity for trying to screw Uber. I'm trying same.

Lady Driver LBC

How many Drivers 1) actually look at their pax's ratings, 2) let alone actually have some sort of sliding scale of acceptance (eg: I won't pick up passengers below 4.5), or 3) let alone care. I rarely do the first, don't have a clue on what mine would be for the 2nd, and so ultimately don't #3.

I sincerely applaud your creativity for trying to screw Uber. I'm trying same.
So you just take any and every trip that comes along? That's not working smart my friend, not at all. There are folks who definitely don't deserve to gain entry to your car, your property. Leave them on the curb. 4.5 stars? Try 4.8, 4.9 at night. It will change your whole outlook on driving. Believe me.

SanFranant

I know like myself, thousands of other Uber drivers are frustrated with the current 25% pay reduction, which kicked in on March 11, 2019.
I been thinking for a while now, regarding how to fight back Uber, and I came up with an Idea. From now on, I will rate every rider who gets me paid significantly lower, a One Star rating. Once the rating of those thousands of short trip riders reach 4.0, and nobody pick them up, Uber will learn their lesson. Today, I rated every trip that got me paid less than $3.75, and other long trips which i got paid significantly lower, a solid One Star. Trust me, Uber will increase the rates immediately if enough drivers don't pick up low rated riders, since Uber make more money with shorter trips (due to booking fee) compared to longer trips.

Only way to fight back is to grind and save your money then never turn the app on again.

Things aren’t getting better. Not sure why people think they will.

Slim Shady

Lol. Even people who have a rating less than 3 does not get pinged twice. Someone snatches up right away. Uber and Lyft also frequently reset the pax rating back to 5.

I don’t know what’s funnier, you believing pax rating mean anything or thinking you can change the entire rideshare industry by one starring people. How old are you seriously?

So you just take any and every trip that comes along? That's not working smart my friend, not at all. There are folks who definitely don't deserve to gain entry to your car, your property. Leave them on the curb. 4.5 stars? Try 4.8, 4.9 at night. It will change your whole outlook on driving. Believe me.
[So you just take any and every trip that comes along?] Well, I never meant to suggest that. I have several other filtering strategies I use, but if you meant to ask do I take every rating trip that comes along, correct...I do not pay any attention to the pax's rating. 3000+ Rides, and I have only kicked two passengers out and one of those in the middle of the day. And rarely (maybe a couple dozen?) have I felt compelled to rate low. The overwhelming preponderance of Riders I've gotten are wonderful, at the very worst dismissive or distracted, into their own worlds.

[It will change your whole outlook on driving. Believe me.]
I'm very open to enlightenment here. My current outlook on Driving is stellar (it's my outlook toward Uber that couldn't be worse), meaning I enjoy it, very therapeutic juxtaposed to my main source of income, and have made countless wonderful interactions and connections...and nighttime is incredibly entertaining (yes, I have had three vomiting incidents but honestly they were all 'last rides' and I parlayed them into money-earning experiences!).

So I am curious as to the 'outlook' you mean. Strategic? Monetary? Experiential? Or?

Thank you for responding btw!

TheTerminator

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
[So you just take any and every trip that comes along?] Well, I never meant to suggest that. I have several other filtering strategies I use, but if you meant to ask do I take every rating trip that comes along, correct...I do not pay any attention to the pax's rating. 3000+ Rides, and I have only kicked two passengers out and one of those in the middle of the day. And rarely (maybe a couple dozen?) have I felt compelled to rate low. The overwhelming preponderance of Riders I've gotten are wonderful, at the very worst dismissive or distracted, into their own worlds.

I'm very open to enlightenment here. My current outlook on Driving is stellar (it's my outlook toward Uber that couldn't be worse), meaning I enjoy it, very therapeutic juxtaposed to my main source of income, and have made countless wonderful interactions and connections...and nighttime is incredibly entertaining (yes, I have had three vomiting incidents but honestly they were all 'last rides' and I parlayed them into money-earning experiences!).

So I am curious as to the 'outlook' you mean. Strategic? Monetary? Experiential? Or?

I think you definitely should pay attention to your passengers rating. I personally, do not pick up anyone below 4.87 stars (4.75 minimum if its a long trip). I have a rating of 4.95 myself. I have had around 5,300 total trips in two years, and not only I never kicked out a passenger, but never even had a slight argument with any of them. Also nobody ever puked or peed in my car. Someone with a 4.50 rating has been rated 1 star at least 7 times on their last 20 trips. How can you pick up someone who has been constantly rated that badly?

Germanic Affairs

They will just reset their rating. Seen ratings reset to a perfect 5 after a 1 star in just one day. One star them, they call Uber crying in an hour, next day you getting a ping from exact same account with 5 star rating.

AuxCordTherapy

I think you definitely should pay attention to your passengers rating. I personally, do not pick up anyone below 4.87 stars (4.75 minimum if its a long trip). I have a rating of 4.95 myself. I have had around 5,300 total trips in two years, and not only I never kicked out a passenger, but never even had a slight argument with any of them. Also nobody ever puked or peed in my car. Someone with a 4.50 rating has been rated 1 star at least 7 times on their last 20 trips. How can you pick up someone who has been constantly rated that badly?
Math is off.

Last 20 trips...

17 5 star ratings
One 3 star rating
Two 1 Star ratings=4.50 rating

Duly noted! I will say this about the three pukers:

When and where I work certainly increases the odds of it happening, but then it is the primiest of times in the primiest of area.

None of the actual Pax's who called for the Ride...were the pukers. Guilt by association? Possibly, but I'm not sure there is a direct link between rate and puke for this reason.

And call me whacked, but the three occasions of "messes" in my car thankfully were late night and (relatively) easy clean-ups, so my net take on those rides helped make my nuts for the weeks they occurred in! (just one of the strategies, as it were, I use to maximize income and soak the idiots who have no regard for my car...risky, yes, but has served me well).

That said, I do appreciate the perspectives and will most certainly fold a peek at ratings into my strategic approach from now on as a result.

🙏

TheTerminator

Math is off.

Last 20 trips...

17 5 star ratings
One 3 star rating
Two 1 Star ratings=4.50 rating
You don't know how Uber rating system works, do you? If Uber were to implements your mathematics, most of the Uber passengers would have a rating of 2 and 3 stars.

AuxCordTherapy

You don't know how Uber rating system works, do you? If Uber were to implements your mathematics, most of the Uber passengers would have a rating of 2 and 3 stars.
Jesus Christ. Looks like the mathematically challenged are out in full force today. What I stated are facts. Your math made zero sense and the passenger would end up with a rating in the low 3s. You just pulled numbers out of your a$$. At some point uber will reset passengers with low ratings.

But tell us again how 7 one stars in 20 trips would land someone a 4.50 rating Einstein.

TheTerminator

Do you even work of Uber Albert Einstein? Uber rating for the U.S passengers do not go below 4 Stars. By the way mr. genius, Uber do not reset passengers ratings. It only count the rating for the past 20 trips. After 20 trips the rating for the new trips, replace the older trips. You are acting all smart, but you don't have the slightest clue how Uber rating system works.

Misunderstood Pirate

Ratings mean nothing. Veterans realize this

AuxCordTherapy

Do you even work of Uber Albert Einstein? Uber rating for the U.S passengers do not go below 4 Stars. By the way mr. genius, Uber do not reset passengers ratings. It only count the rating for the past 20 trips. After 20 trips the rating for the new trips, replace the older trips. You are acting all smart, but you don't have the slightest clue how Uber rating system works.
You take the title as dumbest poster on this forum.

1. It’s the last 100 rides, not last 20.
  2. We’ve all seen passengers with ratings under 4 stars
  3. They reset ratings because riders with ratings below 4.5 have a tough time getting picked up, Uber only cares about passengers.
  4. Explain again how 7 one stars out of 20 trips results in a 4.50 rating. I declined a 4.24 passenger just yesterday so don’t give us this bull that it can’t go below 4.50.
  5. Take an English class along with a math class. I’m losing brain cells arguing with you.

Lady Driver LBC

Ratings mean nothing. Veterans realize this
Ratings mean EVERYTHING. Successful veterans realize this and avoid the crap pax. We leave them for drivers like you, the Crap Pax Collectors. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

For me, ratings are an indication of how pax have behaved with other drivers. The lower rated pax tend to be problems I happily avoid. 5 star pax are either new, rarely use the service, or resets. In the case of resets that 5 star rating won't last if the behavior that lowered their rating in the first place continues.

In almost 3 years of driving I've driven just about every kind of pax with various ratings. In my experience pax with higher ratings behave better in my car, which makes for a much more pleasant driving experience. I don't care if they're chatty or quiet as long as they don't behave badly. Like, how hard is it NOT to behave like an arse in someone's car? Not so hard.

Last edited:
Blunt power