• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to encourage PAX to rate?

Clothahump

I had a PAX this morning that didn’t know he can tip on the app because he never rates. He ended up tipping me $5. It got me thinking if I get people to rate, it could increase the chances of a tip.
Which is exactly why I ask them to rate the ride when we arrive.

TemptingFate

"If you enjoyed the trip, please don't forget to rate me. And please give me a tip because Uber earnings are pathetic. And if you have any spare change, you can leave it in my tin cup here. Leftover food also welcome. I'm really hungry! If there's anything else I can do for you, here's my number. I'll show you a good time. You won't regret it."

2smart2drive

I’ve been driving Uber for years but I still have less than 500 ratings. Less than half my PAX actually rate, usually to tip me or down rate me. I’ve tried the “Please rate your experience” or something along those lines. How can I encourage people to rate?

PS: I’m not interested in the “why do you care about ratings?”
Why do you care whether I care or not?
The “How to”get better ratings” answer is very simple as 1-2-3:
1) It’s NOT going to happen, because
2) You can NOT PLEASE EVERYBODY and
3) It has nothing to do with you.
HUMAN NATURE is such, that “pleasuring EVERYBODY” isn’t possible.

Jesus failed to “encourage EVERYBODY”. Epically! SOME people ‘approved’ and ‘liked’ him. SOME downgraded him.

Buddha failed to convince EVERYBODY. Moses straggled with words. Mohammed had “followers”. They ALL had some people who ‘liked them’ — but NOT ONE human in history was charismatic enough to influence 💯 % of the people 💯 % of the time.

Watch the link’s video — maybe, after seing yourself through riders’ eyes, you will stop being obsessed with pathetic, absolutely unnecessary “perfect” driver score” —perhaps, learn to RESPECT YOURSELF a little more, instead.

Pleasing everyone is overrated.
Begging for ratings IS ugly.
No need to act like a doormat.

Uber’s not gonna pay you an extra dime for your extra OBEDIENCE and 99.9% of the riders wont care. This isn’t some ‘competition’ company — it’s a ‘transportation’ company. Meaning: Riders are interested in getting from “point A to point B”. The minute rider(s) exit your vehicle — they get on with their lives and forget about you, Uber (until next time), your car and stupid UBER-ratings.

If you still insist, however — I would suggest that you tell each of your rider(s) that you
WILL TIP THEM a dollar or two in exchange for immediate “5 (stupid) starts” rating.

Done while still in your presence, so you can make sure it’s done so. Make sure to have cash ready and waiving, already in your hand — so they can see that you actually mean what you say.

Even if rider(s) refuse, think that you crazy and leave — more likely than not, they WILL remember YOU later. Would you One-star someone giving you cash-back? IF you know how to do this playfully and lightly enough (no begging drama) — in other words, if you have matching personality to pull of things like this — then your (stupid) UBER-ratings WILL go up, guaranteed.

Make it a solid $5 on all longer trips — and you will achieve the nirvana. Once there, don’t forget to say Hi to Buddha...

Most riders won’t take your cash. But you might shock them deep enough to the required degree of an unexpected ride — so, they will remember you.

Last edited:

RideshareUSA

I’ve been driving Uber for years but I still have less than 500 ratings. Less than half my PAX actually rate, usually to tip me or down rate me. I’ve tried the “Please rate your experience” or something along those lines. How can I encourage people to rate?

How 'bout this. Nobody cares, nor should you!

2smart2drive

"If you enjoyed the trip, please don't forget to rate me. And please give me a tip because Uber earnings are pathetic. And if you have any spare change, you can leave it in my tin cup here. Leftover food also welcome. I'm really hungry! If there's anything else I can do for you, here's my number. I'll show you a good time. You won't regret it."
Exactly, LOL!
Some drivers chose to be pathetic — no self love, no dignity; bunch-a-beggars... Idk why

Boca Ratman

I had a PAX this morning that didn’t know he can tip on the app because he never rates. He ended up tipping me $5. It got me thinking if I get people to rate, it could increase the chances of a tip.
I think he did know and purposely does not rate so they won't be asked to tip.

It's possible he didn't but odds are he did

tohunt4me

TELL THEM UBER IS HAVING A CASH GIVEAWAY AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

( JUST dont tell them the Cash will be Given to a Politician !)

Mista T

Author
TELL THEM UBER IS HAVING A CASH GIVEAWAY AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

( JUST dont tell them the Cash will be Given to a Politician !)
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"There is a prize at the end of each month for the the customer who leaves me the biggest tip."

Pax: You're lying....

"No, honest! I work for Uber - I would never lie!"

Dekero

I simply ask EVERY passenger right before the end of the ride the following:

"If you get a second could you please rate your experience as it helps my new passengers gauge what to expect with their ride"

I could care less what they rate me .. I'll take a 1* it doesn't matter.... Only reason I even ask is so that they see the next screen after the ratings screen which gives them the option to TIP ME. A screen that many would never see because they never open the app again after your ride... Which is also why you sometimes see tips show up weeks after the ride is over, the next time they open their app. Doesn't always work but I'll take a 50% increase over none at all..

My tips have gone way up since enacting this with everyone...

Hope it helps, and if it doesn't fit your style so be it. It works great for me.

Attachments