How to deal with @@@@@@@ riders

JohnnyRev

Hi John,

This is Sebastian from Uber support.

We received a notice that you accepted cash on a recent trip. Do you recall such a trip where you may have accepted or requested cash from a rider?

This is the information of the trip:

Date of the trip: 29 Nov, 2015
Time of the trip: 1:02 a.m
Amount that was allegedly exchanged: $4
Pick up: ______
Drop off areas: ________

For more information visit our website.

Thank you for all the feedback you could send us back.

Best regards,

S********

S********,
Thank you for contacting me about this trip. I recall this trip and what occurred during the trip very well as the male passenger who accompanied the woman whose name I believe was E*** quite well.

When I drive with Uber, I go out of my way to stick as close to the introductory driver video Uber provides drivers when they start off as possible. I offer passengers water bottles & (being a Southerner) I open doors for my passengers whenever I possibly can to increase my value, character and brand as a person for both Uber and myself. When it comes to accepting cash I strongly adhere to the Uber policy of refusing them unless the passenger insists, in which according to the Uber driver introductory video that if the passenger insists it is admissible to accept them.

I picked up the male passenger and his girlfriend E*** and immediately began to travel back to their apartment. Along the way they asked me about Uber and their tipping policy. I politely let them know that we are not to ask for tips nor accept them unless the passenger insists. After picking the couple up, they talked about being hungry and making a stop to get pizza on the way home. Being knowledgable of the area I pointed out two restaurants that sold pizza but, as it was 1 AM would most likely be closed. The man insisted in continue down the road in search of the pizza place and I obliged. The pizza place did not exist and we continued to their home. Before getting onto Highway 75 N they asked that I take a detour towards a fast food joint. They asked for a Whataburger, I informed them that at this time of the night (being well acquainted with the area) that the inside of the Whataburger is usually closely watched by the police looking to arrest people for public intoxication (these places are commonly staked out by police after hours in Texas), only the drive through may be open and that the drive-thru line would be long which would only increase their fare. I suggested an alternative, an In -N- Out burger located next to a Taco Bueno off of C***** H****& 75 N. The drive thru process took approximately 15 minutes. After picking up their food and a brief argument between the male passenger and the drive thru attendant over the price of beverages (I kindly reminded him I carried in bottled water in my vehicle which would be available to them for no fee at all) I took the couple home. The male passenger asked about the tipping policy again in which I informed him that we are not to accept tips unless the passenger insists. The male passenger told me “well, I don’t insist. Thanks for getting us home” and closed the door. After driving 10 feet the male passenger chased after my car and opened my door while the car was moving saying he left his cellphone in the car. While I let him search the back of my car he found his phone and told me “Well man, I gotta say, you did a good job getting us home and getting us food. I insist on giving you a tip.”

This is the only instance that come to mind. I completed many Uber trips on Friday and Saturday/Sunday morning. My rating is 4.77 and I strive to maintain the best possible quality and value for my riders. I am about to graduate nursing school in 3 months and taking care of people is my passion in life. With me it’s all about high standards and keeping them high to the best of my ability.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I am available by phone at (###) ###-#### or by email at .

JohnnyRev

XUberMike

Dang I don't recall receiving any cash, I do recall a intoxicated PAX and me driving thru a burger place and the PAX paying for sum food.

Whataburger has a longer line that In&Out, what a difference a few states make.

I always prefer In & Out, sometimes that involves a burger but that's a rarity.

nighthawk398

LOL were you intoxicated and that's why you didn't want to go to Whataburger? no way if they passenger was intoxicated would they get arrested

Micmac

Hi John,

This is Sebastian from Uber support.

We received a notice that you accepted cash on a recent trip. Do you recall such a trip where you may have accepted or requested cash from a rider?

This is the information of the trip:

Date of the trip: 29 Nov, 2015
Time of the trip: 1:02 a.m
Amount that was allegedly exchanged: $4
Pick up: ______
Drop off areas: ________

For more information visit our website.

Thank you for all the feedback you could send us back.

Best regards,

S********

S********,
Thank you for contacting me about this trip. I recall this trip and what occurred during the trip very well as the male passenger who accompanied the woman whose name I believe was E*** quite well.

When I drive with Uber, I go out of my way to stick as close to the introductory driver video Uber provides drivers when they start off as possible. I offer passengers water bottles & (being a Southerner) I open doors for my passengers whenever I possibly can to increase my value, character and brand as a person for both Uber and myself. When it comes to accepting cash I strongly adhere to the Uber policy of refusing them unless the passenger insists, in which according to the Uber driver introductory video that if the passenger insists it is admissible to accept them.

I picked up the male passenger and his girlfriend E*** and immediately began to travel back to their apartment. Along the way they asked me about Uber and their tipping policy. I politely let them know that we are not to ask for tips nor accept them unless the passenger insists. After picking the couple up, they talked about being hungry and making a stop to get pizza on the way home. Being knowledgable of the area I pointed out two restaurants that sold pizza but, as it was 1 AM would most likely be closed. The man insisted in continue down the road in search of the pizza place and I obliged. The pizza place did not exist and we continued to their home. Before getting onto Highway 75 N they asked that I take a detour towards a fast food joint. They asked for a Whataburger, I informed them that at this time of the night (being well acquainted with the area) that the inside of the Whataburger is usually closely watched by the police looking to arrest people for public intoxication (these places are commonly staked out by police after hours in Texas), only the drive through may be open and that the drive-thru line would be long which would only increase their fare. I suggested an alternative, an In -N- Out burger located next to a Taco Bueno off of C***** H****& 75 N. The drive thru process took approximately 15 minutes. After picking up their food and a brief argument between the male passenger and the drive thru attendant over the price of beverages (I kindly reminded him I carried in bottled water in my vehicle which would be available to them for no fee at all) I took the couple home. The male passenger asked about the tipping policy again in which I informed him that we are not to accept tips unless the passenger insists. The male passenger told me “well, I don’t insist. Thanks for getting us home” and closed the door. After driving 10 feet the male passenger chased after my car and opened my door while the car was moving saying he left his cellphone in the car. While I let him search the back of my car he found his phone and told me “Well man, I gotta say, you did a good job getting us home and getting us food. I insist on giving you a tip.”

This is the only instance that come to mind. I completed many Uber trips on Friday and Saturday/Sunday morning. My rating is 4.77 and I strive to maintain the best possible quality and value for my riders. I am about to graduate nursing school in 3 months and taking care of people is my passion in life. With me it’s all about high standards and keeping them high to the best of my ability.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I am available by phone at (###) ###-#### or by email at .

JohnnyRev
The question why the customer wants to frame you? Why?

numbakrunch

John, you're trying too hard man. Just get their asses from point A to B. All this was certainly not worth the $4 tip they said they gave you.

andaas

Dang I don't recall receiving any cash, I do recall a intoxicated PAX and me driving thru a burger place and the PAX paying for sum food.

Whataburger has a longer line that In&Out, what a difference a few states make.

I always prefer In & Out, sometimes that involves a burger but that's a rarity.
You have to remember that Whataburger is to TX what In & Out is to CA. Both launched local to their respective states (1950, 1948), and both are adored by the locals who grew up with them.

Being from CA myself, I prefer In & Out. However, Whataburger is open 24 hours, so that is more of a late night option with In & Out closing at 1:30.

nighthawk398

You have to remember that Whataburger is to TX what In & Out is to CA. Both launched local to their respective states (1950, 1948), and both are adored by the locals who grew up with them.

Being from CA myself, I prefer In & Out. However, Whataburger is open 24 hours, so that is more of a late night option with In & Out closing at 1:30.
I am just disappointed they closed most of the Del Taco locations

andaas

I prefer Taco Bueno to Del Taco (for my cheap fast Mexican food fix). And I grew up with Del Taco too, lol.

JohnnyRev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm dizzy after reading that book. .

What does it have to do with dealing with @@@@@@@ riders?
tldr: PAX tries to screw me over my reporting my ass, I respond guns blazing. Uber keeps fare as it was, I keep my $4. I win.

JohnnyRev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Drive SMU for a week. That will open your eyes..
That's just cruel...
SMU actually isn't that bad. Tons of drunk frat guys with money. As a former fraternity guy myself I can really relate to them. Picked up 4 guys from a bar last Friday night, took them to 7-11, made a few jokes along they way, dropped them off at their apartment, each guy gave me $10 for the ride outside of the fare.
Like SMU Sigma Chi on fb and follow their events. That fraternity is loaded and they're constantly renting out clubs downtown for dj's and rappers like Wacka Flocka. They had Riff Raff @ Medusa two weeks ago, I made $100 in 2 hours just picking up people and taking them back to campus.

XUberMike

Sorry that was a mistype, it's 4.88.
So by my calculations, the 15 burger stopping (burning fuel with no miles, just minutes) and the 30 minute email to Uber you lost about $11.87.

You would have been better off just stating, "he insisted on tipping me."
Either way you come out ahead.