1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How to connect Spotify

Discussion in 'Advice' started by BuckSF, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckSF

BuckSF Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I understand how to connect Pandora to my Driver account ( and have done so ), but I am unable to do the same with Spotify. How do I connect Spotify to my Driver account so passengers can play their Spotify music?

2. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber is no longer in partnership with Spotify. That's why there's Pandora.

Rakos likes this.
  3. CGEdisciple

CGEdisciple New Member

Last week I had passengers playing Spotify. It is still enabled, just not advertised.

1. Start whatever music you wish in Spotify
    2. Go back to the driver app
    3. If the app kills the music, swipe for on screen music controls and resume playing.
    4. It will now play with the app open and let your passenger know you have spotify.
    5. Once a ride has begun, the passenger can take over from their device and the nav screen will display "rider controlling music"

Hope this helps! I discovered it on accident while playing music for riders.

BuckSF likes this.
  4. BuckSF

BuckSF Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ah, thank you. I will give that a try.

5. aarondavid1010

aarondavid1010 New Member

with an aux cable right? new to all this

6. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Spotify is no longer supported. Uber has moved on to Pandora. You've replied to a ~2 year-old thread.

Pax connecting your AUX cord is a direct connection of their phone to your vehicle. Has nothing to do with Uber's app. Once connected, pax will have control of the volume and music from their phone.

Rakos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.