Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

How to be a highly rated rider

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  racheljo 
#1 ·
Since I've seen a couple of posts recently advising riders how to become five star riders, I decided to come up with my own "Expert" advice.

Dear riders,

It's much, much easier for you to keep a perfect rating than it is for your drivers. Simply be on time at the right place, be courteous, be clean, leave some cash tip if you're inclined to do so and you're almost always guaranteed five stars from your drivers. THAT'S IT. How hard is that? Most drivers have no problem showering you with stars as long as you're a decent human.

Most common things that ruin your rating:

You're late to your pick up, you're rude and have bad attitude, you smell, you're a backseat driver, you bring your less than desirable friends along with you, you take short trips with no cash tip, you initiate awkward conversations, you're a bad drunk, you leave a mess, and last, but not least, you expect your drivers to wait while you run your errands by putting multiple stops. I know, there's more to this list but these are the most common ones. Avoid them and you're a five star rider.

Sincerely,

Most rideshare drivers.

See less See more
#4 ·
I can speak from being a rider & a driver. I have been a rider in many other states and in my home state way before I started driving. I can say unequivocally that some drivers simply don't deserve a tip. Body odor, no tip, bad driving, no tip, I say hello how are you and you grunt, no tip, it goes both ways.

#7 ·
Since I've seen a couple of posts recently advising riders how to become five star riders, I decided to come up with my own "Expert" advice.

Dear riders,

It's much, much easier for you to keep a perfect rating than it is for your drivers. Simply be on time at the right place, be courteous, be clean, leave some cash tip if you're inclined to do so and you're almost always guaranteed five stars from your drivers. THAT'S IT. How hard is that? Most drivers have no problem showering you with stars as long as you're a decent human.

Most common things that ruin your rating:

You're late to your pick up, you're rude and have bad attitude, you smell, you're a backseat driver, you bring your less than desirable friends along with you, you take short trips with no cash tip, you initiate awkward conversations, you're a bad drunk, you leave a mess, and last, but not least, you expect your drivers to wait while you run your errands by putting multiple stops. I know, there's more to this list but these are the most common ones. Avoid them and you're a five star rider.

Sincerely,

Most rideshare drivers.
On point with everything you wrote above except I will disagree on the cash tip.

Most riders do not think or know how drivers rate them and certainly do not think that tipping on the app will give them a lower rating.

I once asked on a different thread, why drivers don't wait and rate the PAX later or atleast edit the ratings once a tip was added via the app.

After all the PAX can rate a driver and later even edit the ratings.

One driver on here said the reason they give lower ratings for a PAX is because a driver has to rate the PAX and does not have the option to rate later or edit the ratings later.

If that's the case it's an unfair practice for the driver and PAX and Uber needs to level the playing field.

I still think it's unfair that drivers will not give the benefit of doubt to a PAX over whether they will tip via the app or not.

#8 ·
I give 5 stars when I get a tipped. No tip; no 5 stars. Ever. Got a pax with an attitude and no tip, that's 3 stars. I don't mess around. Got a pax who is rude/nasty/demands I drive fast, drive this way, go that way? That's 1 star. No need to get rude with someone who is using their car to drive you somewhere. You have other options. Use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.