• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How to avoid or kick out smelly pax

raisedoncereal

So I pick up a couple of smelly pax, very very strong musty odor, smelled like bad roast duck with dirty gym socks. Hmm, maybe more like Harbor Freight w/ b.o.

Anyways.

They peeked at my license plate, confirmed in their app and got it just as I slid the START UBERX slider. Omfg, so strong. They spoke virtually zero English.

How do I manage this? I wouldn't think them reporting would be a high risk issue but how do you even kick out people who speak zero English, without being extremely aggressive or rude?

How about if they did speak English, what then, to aboid/prevent a reporting?

WindyCityAnt

Windows all the way down the whole ride! Would rather take a ratings hit over that, then kicking them out and having to deal with Uber support to get reactivated.

mbd

Once picked a lady from a boat house, she said she spend 3 days in the boat with her friends... my guess would have been 10 days.. intense passionate smell..luckily she said she was going to put on her head set and listen to music , I nodded my head, and was able to slowly bring down the window little.
7 minutes of hard concentration on my part on trying to distract my mind from the smell . It did not work. Once I dropped her, opened the car up and exhaled few times

Seamus

I have never kicked someone out because of their stank. I have had to endure a few rides where I couldn't wait for them to get out of my car so I could breath and sanitize my car!

Worse stank ride ever was a Sunday morning ride of shame. The lady reeked of: stale smoke, horrid morning after alcohol breath, sweaty clothes, disturbing foot odor, was sweating profusely from a bad hangover, all rolled in to one. To top that off she had the indescribable deep funk of whatever residual was left over from the last few hours of "activity". It was terrible, the least she could have done is taken a "morning after shower" before getting a "morning after ride" home.

Last edited:

1.5xorbust

I try to remember to roll my windows down for a couple of minutes after every trip regardless of the intensity of pax odors. Ozium should be used in a situation described by OP perhaps while pax are still onboard.

Another Uber Driver

the least she could have done is taken a "morning after shower"
I always used to ask the ladies if I could "turn around in the shower" before I took my Walk of Shame. Usually they let me. .....or at least do a quick application of "shower on a stick", even if it was Ice Blue Secret...........

SuzeCB

Worst smelling pax I had was a guy that worked construction. Hot day, and I was taking him home from work.

He brought a plastic garbage bag that he laid out on my seat and floor before getting in, apologized for his "aura", asked to open his window to offend as little as possible, and was a perfectly pleasant pax for the 20 minutes we spent on his surged ride. $20 tip for taking him and his after-work condition.

Smells are smells. People don't always have control over them. A little consideration, in both directions, goes a long way, and makes life better for all involved.

Gone_in_60_seconds

So I pick up a couple of smelly pax, very very strong musty odor, smelled like bad roast duck with dirty gym socks. Hmm, maybe more like Harbor Freight w/ b.o.

Anyways.

They peeked at my license plate, confirmed in their app and got it just as I slid the START UBERX slider. Omfg, so strong. They spoke virtually zero English.

How do I manage this? I wouldn't think them reporting would be a high risk issue but how do you even kick out people who speak zero English, without being extremely aggressive or rude?

How about if they did speak English, what then, to aboid/prevent a reporting?
Why didn't you say car mechanical issue and cancel the ride? LMAO.

TXUbering

Worst smelling pax I had was a guy that worked construction. Hot day, and I was taking him home from work.

He brought a plastic garbage bag that he laid out on my seat and floor before getting in, apologized for his "aura", asked to open his window to offend as little as possible, and was a perfectly pleasant pax for the 20 minutes we spent on his surged ride. $20 tip for taking him and his after-work condition.

Smells are smells. People don't always have control over them. A little consideration, in both directions, goes a long way, and makes life better for all involved.
Are you sure you weren't bewitched by his pheromones? :p

O-Side Uber

My first ping tonight was at a bar down the street. When I pulled up the pax was smoking a cig and gave me the “one sec I’ll be right there” hand gesture. He then continued to smoke and converse with his buddy. Meanwhile the shared ride timer was winding down. He then put the last bit of smoked cig BACK IN THE PACK!!! So gross! I’m just looking at this situation like , hell no. So he came up to grab the door handle and I punked him! I moved the car up about 10 feet and stopped. He seemed suprised. He then started walking toward me again.. this time I hit the drop down menu “cancel anyway” . Drove off. Didn’t hit him with a cancel fee, but hopefully he got the point.