How the Winter Guarantee is suppose to work.

Libertyfare

Don't look for this information to be on the app or the website. The guarantee doesn't apply to all drivers only drivers who activated prior to January 8, 2016 see the requirements section at the end. So if you signed on after that it is unlikely you qualify or got this in your email. Search your own email to verify if you were included.

Winter Earnings Guarantee FAQs

Today, we're going to help answer some of the most frequently asked questions about guarantees so that you know exactly what to expect when you are reading through your payment statement.

How will I know if I received a guarantee?

If you drove last week, you will have received a payment statement in your inbox by Tuesday. If you qualified for a guarantee, you will see the guarantee top up amount in the miscellaneous section of your payment statement.

Who is eligible for the earnings guarantee? Can I forward this email to my friends and family so they can also be eligible?

This promotion is only for driver-partners who directly received the email. Unfortunately, forwarding this information will not extend this offer to other partners.

Why are we lowering fares? Is this price change permanent?
Time and time again, we see that we are able to attract significantly more new riders, get existing riders to take trips more often, or take longer trips when we reduce our fares. With that being said, our interest is closely aligned with yours, and we only make money when you make money. We will also monitor the change in demand very closely and readjust if we don't see the intended effect of making the Triangle more busy.

If you have any additional questions, please email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you so much for partnering with us and we look forward to seeing you on the road.
What are the 24/7 guarantees?
How do I qualify for it?

• Maintaining the above required trips per hour by going online in busy areas
  • Maintaining a 90% acceptance rate over all hours driven
  • Completing as many trips as you can to meet the trip completion rate requirement of 25% (Completion rate is calculated by taking your total number of completed trips in a given incentive period divided by the total number of trip requests that you received in the given incentive period)
  • Ensuring 50%+ of your trips are in the Raleigh service area

Guaranteed amounts include the Uber service fee, but not Safe Rides Fee or tolls. What does that mean?

We're happy to walk through an example with you: Let's say that you were online for 2 hours between 7am and 9am on Monday. And during those 2 hours, you completed 3 trips making a total gross fare of $19. Subtract the 3 safe rides fees and you made $13.6 in gross fares ($19 - (3 * $1.80) = $13.60). This makes your hourly earnings $6.80 ($13.60 / 2 = $6.80), which is less than the guaranteed hourly earnings for that time period of $15. Hence, you're eligible for $8.20 additional earnings per hour ($15 - $6.80 = $8.20). Since you drove for 2 hours, $16.40 less the Uber service fee will appear on your payment statement as a miscellaneous payment.

*This offer is for driver-partners only who directly received this email. This offer is for driver-partners who were activated before January 8th 2016. Maintain the above required trips per hour. Trips per hour (TPH) is calculated by taking your total number of completed trips in a given incentive period divided by the total number of hours that you were online during that same incentive period. Maintain a 90% acceptance rate over all hours driven. Your acceptance rate is calculated by taking the total number of trip requests that you accepted during the incentive period divided by the total number of trip requests that were sent to you during that same incentive period. Be online in Raleigh-Durham during the incentive period. Maintain a completion rate of 25%. Completion rate is calculated by taking your total number of completed trips in a given incentive period divided by the total number of trip requests that you received in the given incentive period. Qualification parameters reset at the beginning of each new incentive period. Guaranteed amounts are average hourly gross fares, based on hours online per incentive period, and include the Uber service fee. Safe Rides Fee and tolls are not included in the guaranteed amount. Average hourly gross fares are calculated by taking your total gross fares (including the Uber service fee) in a given incentive period and dividing them by the total number of hours that you were online in that same incentive period. We reserve the right to withhold or deduct payments that we determine or believe were in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of driver terms or these terms. Guarantee available for a limited time only. Terms subject to change.

Bill Wirth

It doesn't take a rocket scientist that fast to realize that both uber and its customer base are abusing the drivers. It's out there that we are making minimum wage. The only way it makes sense for me at this time is to work the guarantees. I work in Durham and pass by duke at 5pm and do 3 short rides to complete the 5-7pm and make 24$ in about 40 minute average. Call to confirm short trip if it is long trip ask pax to cancel and they usually will. The 4th and sometimes 5th customers are screwed because I'm not working for nothing I accept but drive back to hillsborough. They eventually realize that I'm not getting them and they cancel. I get the guarantee because my completion rate is well above 25% and my acceptance rate is 100%. I feel no guilt what so ever. Week end turn on app at 10pm and travel to chapel hill at about 11:30pm and complete 10 super short runs until about 1:30am. Call ahead if long trip ask pax to cancel. You can cancel on 1 pax because you need 90.% acceptance rate. After 10 runs sneak home keep app on until 3am. If I get a ping I accept and stay put . I'm not working for nothing!!! They will eventually cancel not affecting you!!!! The only other time that it makes sense is 2x surge pricing! If uber raises rates to make sense I could change my ways. If the entitled customers started to realize that giving them a ride from chapel hill to durham at 1am for about 13$ is a joke and they should tip then I could change my ways!