How the hell does this work

CNguyen415

Damn near first in line. Counted at least 40 cars leaving lot but i cant get a ping lol wtf.
IMG_4634.PNG

Update: 60 cars left before me even tho im first. Got a ping soon as it hits no surge. Fifo my ass. Im going to mcdonalds down the street. F u

mjyousse

I've been doing Uber for 3 months and could never understand their airport parking situation. Gotta admit I actually went there early in the morning once because I was there anyways wanted to go back to the city. Does that mean that you are anywhere between 1-10? what's the exact position then? I know Lyft gives you the exact one..

CNguyen415

I've been doing Uber for 3 months and could never understand their airport parking situation. Gotta admit I actually went there early in the morning once because I was there anyways wanted to go back to the city. Does that mean that you are anywhere between 1-10? what's the exact position then? I know Lyft gives you the exact one..
Yes or so they say i am. I got to the queue at 23 cars. Watched it go down to 1-10. Makes no sense how many cars left before me if its supposed to be first in first out

Strange Fruit

Don't forget every driver who drops off gets a ping while ur in the queue.

bronkdog

The pax get together while smoking cigarettes and wait for the surge to go away. They laugh when the next driver gets no surge.

Sacto Burbs

I got burned on the "drive to terminal" the first time.

From then on I waited for a ping. Then I had this same problem. No ping.

Now I time it based on cars waiting and then go to terminal. I seem to get put at the top of the auto-ping line.

Closest car seems to take over.

The Gift of Fish

Both companies are using bait & switch trickery at the airport. Uber lowers the surge the closer you get to the front of the queue and Lyft still shows PT in the app but when the pings come in from the terminals they're at base rate.

SFO used to be good; now it's a waste of time.

tohunt4me

Damn near first in line. Counted at least 40 cars leaving lot but i cant get a ping lol wtf. View attachment 161467

Update: 60 cars left before me even tho im first. Got a ping soon as it hits no surge. Fifo my ass. Im going to mcdonalds down the street. F u
" MAGNETS"
" How Do They Work "?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-26-02-26-41.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-26-02-26-41.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 29

Uberantman

No rematch from dropoff. Plus it was only 23 queue and a monday. I was hoping for a surge which it did. So stupid how that played out tho lol
We are all curious if you answered the survey question below...

"How satisfied are you with driving for Uber?"

Sacto Burbs

I'm scared to go to the SFO lot.....it looks likes an Al-quaeda or ISIS convention there sometimes
Scared? Of what? Finding out they are just like you and me? Working to make money? Great guys. Really nice. Are friendly and happy to explain the surge game and talk strategy.

You know, fellow human beings?

Actually they mostly dress way better than I do.

Tell you what, let's arrange a time at the SFO lot and I'll hold your hand and we can say hi to some of them.

Last edited:

vladi

I go there to make friends, and play soccer.

I met Vladi there. He was teading a Vanity Fair mahazine, and playing Candy Crush at the same time.
You probably met my impersonator, I'm not going there cause I'm not good at soccer. I wish they put a basketball court there... ehhh dreams

I'm scared to go to the SFO lot.....it looks likes an Al-quaeda or ISIS convention there sometimes
Lololololol