How the heck do I avoid Uber OC weekend hourlies? Bad nuff being ping starved by scammy Lyft

Adieu

The ping starvation for overmuch efficiency on Lyft guarantees is killing me.... 3.5's, noobs, addresses 15 blocks off pin / pin centered in huge park, and point blank pings is ALL i get from Lyft now

More cancels, heck more PAID cancels than pings, and utter unpingability unless no one nearby at all (tested via dozens of attempts to ping)

And now Uber's "giving" me unoptoutable ping starvation guarantees...

Ack.... How the heck do I avoid this?????

SandyD

What I learned last week driving the OC hourly for Saturday afternoon (before my van's new brakes crapped out and put an end to my weekend driving plans) was that I was able to meet the hourly guarantees even with accepting some "bad" pings that cost me a lot of time. So if I had been more selective, I probably would have done much better than the guarantees. As it was I just barely exceeded the guarantee so got no extra boost, and that was with getting trapped in traffic on Newport Ave, and getting sent down a "bike path" in the Back Bay. (Pretty drive, but no $ for it!)

Adieu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh dear....uhm NO i have zero desire to DRIVE an incentive,much less just ONE

These things are there for gaming.

Minimize miles, stack U/L incentives,etc.

Adieu

What I wanna avoid is Select ping deprioritization if I'm NOT even doing the incentive to begin with

mandreyka

What I learned last week driving the OC hourly for Saturday afternoon (before my van's new brakes crapped out and put an end to my weekend driving plans) was that I was able to meet the hourly guarantees even with accepting some "bad" pings that cost me a lot of time. So if I had been more selective, I probably would have done much better than the guarantees. As it was I just barely exceeded the guarantee so got no extra boost, and that was with getting trapped in traffic on Newport Ave, and getting sent down a "bike path" in the Back Bay. (Pretty drive, but no $ for it!)
Don't tell me ??? Waze ? That bike path will lead you out

LA Dispatcher

The ping starvation for overmuch efficiency on Lyft guarantees is killing me.... 3.5's, noobs, addresses 15 blocks off pin / pin centered in huge park, and point blank pings is ALL i get from Lyft now

More cancels, heck more PAID cancels than pings, and utter unpingability unless no one nearby at all (tested via dozens of attempts to ping)

And now Uber's "giving" me unoptoutable ping starvation guarantees...

Ack.... How the heck do I avoid this?????
Go to Burbank and Pasadena or any place with higher than average surge. Drivers are claiming pool is not paying surge rate so select will end up getting more pings since no one drivers will take pool.

Adieu

Go to Burbank and Pasadena or any place with higher than average surge. Drivers are claiming pool is not paying surge rate so select will end up getting more pings since no one drivers will take pool.
Pasadena got its own problems... And Burbank is home to most of SoCals Select drivers already

Also I'm constrained by that OTHER guarantee I game....

OCuber

Don't tell me ??? Waze ? That bike path will lead you out
Behind the Hyatt.....google will try to put you on that too. Always take a look at the entire route before driving. That way you can see if google or waze are putting you on the right path.
Sometimes a simple u turn will suffice.

Adieu

NEVER MIND I KINDA LIKE DOUBLE DIPPING HOURLiES

....how do I make sure to KEEP OC hourlies for next week, then???