Uber Drivers Forum banner

How slow is it? Is so slow that ...

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Castaneda7189 
#1 ·
I was happy to get a cleaning fee Friday night. 12:30, took a lightweight home, she barfed in the front seat, got the side of the seat and door.
I have a clean up ritual. Park by their driveway or front door. Take pictures. Get cleanup kit from trunk. Put on gloves, clean up and throw all paper towels on ground in front of their house as I'm going, leave them with a memento of their evening. Got $150 so it was a $200 for 2 1/2 hours of work. By the way orange oil works great as a final disinfectant and odor remover. Sad when this is what makes a good night.

#2 ·
It's sad that I'm jealous. I went out late last night for a few hours and it was very slow.

I always drive away for documentation and initial clean up to avoid escalating the situation but it would be satisfying to do it your way.

I find that super turbo vacs can be very effective in the initial clean up stage if there is a facility within a reasonable distance. I found one particular unit that works almost like magic sucking up vomit. Otherwise its gloves and Clorox sentiva wipes with a bag for the initial cleanup stage.

#5 ·
Whoa!! Only $6!! On the 4th! That is insane! I remember in Raleigh that multiplier sky rocketing to 7X 3-4 years back. That is just unheard of. Even last year I remember it getting up to 5X. Uber and Lyft have done a mighty fine job at phasing out the old drivers and allowing the new fish take a small cut. Since many new drivers don't know what its like to catch that $140 or $70 15 miles, then they don't know that they are truly giving out free rides for $6 bucks extra. And to be sincere, I dont think many of them actually care. This is quite depressing to read.

#6 ·
Puke can be a beautiful thing when it's slow.

The 4th sucked, did it even surge after the fireworks? Lol. This week always sucks, but it feels extra bad these last few days.

I guess they never demanded a receipt for the evidence? Just a short-term thing?
I was told next time I will have to get a receipt for anything over 20 bucks. I'm thinking about starting a "business" just to print out receipts.

#7 ·
Yup, had the same thing happen to me in Durham when this woman spilled beer in my back seat. Its dropped off since the 2nd for me. Had a rider last night say that they heard from other drivers that it's been quiet city wide, which was surprising to me for a time like this. When does it pick up again?

#16 ·
I was happy to get a cleaning fee Friday night. 12:30, took a lightweight home, she barfed in the front seat, got the side of the seat and door.
Got $150 so it was a $200 for 2 1/2 hours of work.
According to Uber/Lyfts new policy regarding cleanups, the cap is $120 and requires a receipt for having your car professionally cleaned for anything over $20. I'm glad you got your $150.

#18 · (Edited)
According to Uber/Lyfts new policy regarding cleanups, the cap is $120 and requires a receipt for having your car professionally cleaned for anything over $20. I'm glad you got your $150.
Uber Cleaning Fee Policy

Flat Fee Guide
Fee assessments are determined by the following levels of severity:

$0 - Items that can be thrown away or wiped up quickly;
any mess caused by water
$20 - Small interior mess, requires vacuuming or simple cleaning (ex. minor food/beverage spills, dirt, etc.)
$40 - Moderate exterior mess (ex. food/beverage mess on vehicle exterior)
$80 - Moderate interior mess (ex. larger food/beverage spill on fabric or other hard-to-clean surfaces, minor bodily fluid messes)
$150 - Any incident that requires cleaning between the window/door or air vents, major bodily fluid mess.

So basically you can hose down your driver's car interior with water and the cleaning fee is $0.

If you defecate in your driver's car, you will be charge either $80 or $150 depending on its classification as major or minor. I've reached our to support to determine the measurement at which poop becomes a major event, I'm guessing over two inches.

Surely, diarrhea should automatically qualify as major but sometimes small amounts of vomit gets downgraded to minor. Perhaps our cleaning service should also provide forensic services like measurement of extracted material so that Uber will have proper documentation to determine classification.

#19 ·
What is up with Lyft and their personal power zones BS? I'm sitting there at the goo goo dolls concert and uber is giving a pathetic $6 and lyft absolutely nothing! I turn on lyft app for a second and I literally get 10 pings all from concert while declining all of them. Map shows dark orange for concert and downtown Raleigh but still no bonus? Why would anybody in their right mind drive for $.60/ mile when there is so much demand! I guess atleast uber gives something but still pathetic compared to what they charge on the rider app. These guys really gettin over on the drivers but what else is new. Have at it ants, I'll get the rides I want, cash or any type of hustle I can do.

#23 ·
I don't get it either. Lyft was trying to get me to go to a pz on centennial campus at 1:45am for 2.50.

I did something new for me last night. I have pro so at 1:45 when surge was 8 bucks I rejected 3 long trips until I got a 6 minute trip. Hustled over, got them home and rushed back to get a $14 surge to finish the night. A nice way to squeeze an extra trip in without missing peak surge.

This is totally screwed. Last night should have been an easy 200+ night, there was plenty of demand out there. I did a nice select ride to the concert for 30 bucks (which still took an hour total) but no way I'm going to be a monkey in that circus afterwards working for peanuts and I don't want to play the cash ride game.

#24 ·
I don't get it either. Lyft was trying to get me to go to a pz on centennial campus at 1:45am for 2.50.

I did something new for me last night. I have pro so at 1:45 when surge was 8 bucks I rejected 3 long trips until I got a 6 minute trip. Hustled over, got them home and rushed back to get a $14 surge to finish the night. A nice way to squeeze an extra trip in without missing peak surge.

This is totally screwed. Last night should have been an easy 200+ night, there was plenty of demand out there. I did a nice select ride to the concert for 30 bucks (which still took an hour total) but no way I'm going to be a monkey in that circus afterwards working for peanuts and I don't want to play the cash ride game.
I thought that LYFT drivers did it because of the bonuses they offered 95 trips for an extra 145 or something like that. I opened my app and saw that promotion was gone. 95 rides a week is overkill anyway, but I feel for people who are doing those rides without any incentive. Not to mention LYFT passengers, as I remember, always had extra stops. The majority of my stops were always done on lyft. No primetime, no incentives, and taking a loss...I am starting to see how many people would be struggling had they not had the good fortune of being born in this country. The financial decisions, and the way Americans look at the business model is sad. I understand though, it is human to not plan for the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.