• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How "slouchy" can I get?

TheDevilisaParttimer

I'm kind of doing an experiment to show that, at the end of the day, all pax care about is tight navigation.
Post automatically merged:

On weekdays I have to wear reasonable office attire. But on weekends I can wear whatever I want.

Lately I've been wearing old jeans with worn out pockets. Also I like my hunting camo baseball cap which I wear when I'm smoking meats. It smells like smoke all week long, lol.

So far I haven't noticed any ratings dip due to bring "slouchy".

The next experiment would be to see how dirty I can leave the exterior of my car. Very easy now since road salt is applied regularly.

Pretty sure a dirty interior would result in bad ratings.
You must be really bored

Clarity

After Halloween weekend I found candy on the floor partially still in the wrappers that was stepped on. I must have taken about 3-4 pax until I realized it. Surprisingly my rating didn't drop.

OldBay

About the tips thing, not the ratings. I hear you man, in that being really positive gets you more tips. The problem I have is once I start getting really enthusiastic I can't stop babbling and then that actually backfires. So it's better for me to just be polite and not say much unless the person is really into the conversation.

It seems to me that the tips I get are either from people who are very kind and would tip the driver regardless of who it is, or people I really connect with in some way. I've been lectured in the past about connecting with people but the fact of the matter is if they don't want to talk there's no way I can connect with them. As much as I'd like to say I wish I were a hot chick, I'm glad I'm a male for other reasons.
Tips are decided by the uber algorithm in advance. Uber knows who the tipping passengers are.

I always got good tips 15-20% from when I started in spring. After the summer slouch, I began driving 50+ hours a week to see how much I could make.

The first couple weeks I had a higher hourly rate than ever with tips galore. After earning 1200+/wk for a couple weeks, the algo figured out I was ahead of the curve and I noticed the algo was feeding me more "basic" pax. These are the pax who don't tip. My hourly rate dropped a couple dollars because much fewer tips.

Tippers are kind and/or professionals (reimbursed). Uber knows who the tippers are and hand them out according to their master plan. The goal is to keep the largest number of drivers engaged. PTers don't NEED the job so they are sweetened. Noobs need the honeymoon to improve their experience.

I'm tired of female PT drivers bragging about their tips.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tips are decided by the uber algorithm in advance. Uber knows who the tipping passengers are.

I always got good tips 15-20% from when I started in spring. After the summer slouch, I began driving 50+ hours a week to see how much I could make.

The first couple weeks I had a higher hourly rate than ever with tips galore. After earning 1200+/wk for a couple weeks, the algo figured out I was ahead of the curve and I noticed the algo was feeding me more "basic" pax. These are the pax who don't tip. My hourly rate dropped a couple dollars because much fewer tips.

Tippers are kind and/or professionals (reimbursed). Uber knows who the tippers are and hand them out according to their master plan. The goal is to keep the largest number of drivers engaged. PTers don't NEED the job so they are sweetened. Noobs need the honeymoon to improve their experience.

I'm a male PT driver. My tips are NOT great.

Reactions: mch

Invisible

I’m a F/T driver and my tips are awful this wk. I expect tips to be lower for the month because pax want more holiday money.

But one pax was kind enough to give me a whole dollar after I picked him up at his fancy, new condo and drove him 13 min.

FLKeys

On weekends I have the app running while I am doing remodeling in my house. Old ratty clothes on sometimes covered in saw dust, and not a single complaint or down rating yet. Tips are still in the average range for the year.