• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How "slouchy" can I get?

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I'm kind of doing an experiment to show that, at the end of the day, all pax care about is tight navigation.
Post automatically merged:

On weekdays I have to wear reasonable office attire. But on weekends I can wear whatever I want.

Lately I've been wearing old jeans with worn out pockets. Also I like my hunting camo baseball cap which I wear when I'm smoking meats. It smells like smoke all week long, lol.

So far I haven't noticed any ratings dip due to bring "slouchy".

The next experiment would be to see how dirty I can leave the exterior of my car. Very easy now since road salt is applied regularly.

Pretty sure a dirty interior would result in bad ratings.

RideshareUSA

I'm kind of doing an experiment to show that, at the end of the day, all pax care about is tight navigation.

On weekdays I have to wear reasonable office attire. But on weekends I can wear whatever I want.

Lately I've been wearing old jeans with worn out pockets. Also I like my hunting camp baseball cap which I wear when I'm smoking meats. It smells like smoke all week long, lol.

The next experiment would be to see how dirty I can leave the exterior of my car. Very easy now since road salt is applied regularly.

The old jeans and cap are excellent choices. Now if you really wanna' kick it up a notch, pull the entire look together with a white wife-beater, complete with mustard stains. 👍

Last edited:

Invisible

I don’t see any correlation between ratings, my outfit and/my car being cleaned. I also don’t think it makes a difference for tips.

The day after it snowed, Thurs, my car was looking quite yucky on the outside. So yesterday, I went through the car wash. However, Thurs I had more tips, despite around the same number of rides. And my rating stayed the same.

Pax care if you treat them with kindness and respect, your car inside is reasonably clean and you don’t drive like a maniac.

Don’t focus on the trivial things. And ratings don’t matter!!!!

Edited for this....

What’s odd is all these tips came in at same time today....hmmmm. But they’re from some of my rides yesterday. I haven’t vacuumed my car in wks, and I looked just like you saw me, just a ponytail, jeans and a coat,

My tips come because of my personality. 😋
A033DAFD-8B17-41C2-A59C-FDFC10FA71E7.png

Last edited:

Sconnie

I don’t see any correlation between ratings, my outfit and/my car being cleaned. I also don’t think it makes a difference for tips.

The day after it snowed, Thurs, my car was looking quite yucky on the outside. So yesterday, I went through the car wash. However, Thurs I had more tips, despite around the same number of rides. And my rating stayed the same.

Pax care if you treat them with kindness and respect, your car inside is reasonably clean and you don’t drive like a maniac.

Edited for this....

What’s odd is all these tips came in at same time today....hmmmm. But they’re from some of my rides yesterday. I haven’t vacuumed my car in wks, and I looked just like you saw me, just a ponytail, jeans and a coat,

My tips come because of my personality. 😋View attachment 378340
That’s a lot of tips comrade.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Edited for this....

My tips come because of my personality. 😋View attachment 378340
You're also friendly and good looking :-)

I had more, that were given yesterday for yesterday. I only put it to emphasize what matters is being yourself.

I’m not the “hot girl”, I don’t flaunt myself or flirt. I don’t wear makeup or dress up. But I hear from many pax how easy I am to talk to and am nice.
You're the girl next door whom they want to get to know better!

L DaVinci

Lately I've been wearing old jeans with worn out pockets. Also I like my hunting camo baseball cap which I wear when I'm smoking meats. It smells like smoke all week long, lol.

I drive in my swim trunks and tee shirt, still have a 4.91 rating, also grown a full beard, still 4.91, I am so disappointed in people.

Sconnie

I had more, that were given yesterday for yesterday. I only put it to emphasize what matters is being yourself.

I’m not the “hot girl”, I don’t flaunt myself or flirt. I don’t wear makeup or dress up. But I hear from many pax how easy I am to talk to and am nice.
Some days I get a lot of tips also. When I went offline to use the gas station facilities this morning I got a notification. I opened it excitedly to see how much I got tipped. It was another damn “how satisfied are with Uber” survey. 😔

WindyCityAnt

I sport hoodies, jeans, long hair(for me that’s very long) with beenies.

Pax care about safety first. Then I would say the routing of the trip, then the friendliness and respect you get sometimes outta it is very equal. Specially when you helped someone. 👍

Made a 100$ cash tip one time. I didn’t even help them in reality. It was the norm drunk couple going home 15 mins away.

waldowainthrop

As far as I can tell, my dress and exterior car cleanliness don’t directly affect ratings and tips. I dress up in a blazer frequently and those days go the same as days when I dress in a t-shirt. However these factors have an indirect positive effect on me, which puts me in a better mood, likely benefitting tips.

This week I have been cleaning up on tips, roughly 40% better than average, and 20/29 Uber tippers 5/9 Lyft tippers.

Two changes: a new conversation topic on 3/4 of rides (proprietary and not brought up for tips – maybe when I’m retired from UberX I’ll reveal it, if it actually worked), and a really positive mood. In the past month I’ve had maybe one or two 4’s, and the only thing that is gradually changing is that my mood is imperviously positive most of the time, and I am getting better at reading people. I may be more selective with rides now, but not drastically so. Some people I am calm and professional with, others I am candid and enthusiastic with. I only have to fake it with people who are obviously mentally unstable or somewhat rude.

In my view, 80% of rider happiness for most riders is logistics, respect, a modicum of professionalism, and friendliness. Other factors like car, amenities, attractiveness, dress, are either too hard to control or are not enough of a difference to bother trying to change, especially at budget rates. The only sub-5 ratings I get are people who can’t be pleased or people who don’t get how the stupid rating system works.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
As far as I can tell, my dress and exterior car cleanliness don’t directly affect ratings and tips. I dress up in a blazer frequently and those days go the same as days when I dress in a t-shirt. However these factors have an indirect positive effect on me, which puts me in a better mood, likely benefitting tips.

This week I have been cleaning up on tips, roughly 40% better than average, and 20/29 Uber tippers 5/9 Lyft tippers.

Two changes: a new conversation topic on 3/4 of rides (proprietary and not brought up for tips – maybe when I’m retired from UberX I’ll reveal it, if it actually worked), and a really positive mood. In the past month I’ve had maybe one or two 4’s, and the only thing that is gradually changing is that my mood is imperviously positive most of the time, and I am getting better at reading people. I may be more selective with rides now, but not drastically so. Some people I am calm and professional with, others I am candid and enthusiastic with. I only have to fake it with people who are obviously mentally unstable or somewhat rude.

In my view, 80% of rider happiness for most riders is logistics, respect, a modicum of professionalism, and friendliness. Other factors like car, amenities, attractiveness, dress, are either too hard to control or are not enough of a difference to bother trying to change, especially at budget rates. The only sub-5 ratings I get are people who can’t be pleased or people who don’t get how the stupid rating system works.
About the tips thing, not the ratings. I hear you man, in that being really positive gets you more tips. The problem I have is once I start getting really enthusiastic I can't stop babbling and then that actually backfires. So it's better for me to just be polite and not say much unless the person is really into the conversation.

It seems to me that the tips I get are either from people who are very kind and would tip the driver regardless of who it is, or people I really connect with in some way. I've been lectured in the past about connecting with people but the fact of the matter is if they don't want to talk there's no way I can connect with them. As much as I'd like to say I wish I were a hot chick, I'm glad I'm a male for other reasons.

Mkang14

You're attire doesnt really matter and smoked meat smell 🥴 yummy!

But you should keep the interior of the car looking great. I do judge what's on the inside 😁. Exterior not so much.

I have to admit if the driver is nice despite being a slob then I wont down rate. But dont be that driver 🤷‍♀️.

Invisible

You're also friendly and good looking :-)

You're the girl next door whom they want to get to know better!
Thanks. I’ve heard I’m the GND a lot. Tips aren’t about looks. It’s about luck, attitude and personality.

There was a quote I heard years ago saying something like, people won’t remember what you said or what you did, bit they’ll remember how to made them feel.

And, your ratings are higher than mine.

O-Side Uber

There seems to be a middle ground on cleanliness and dress with tips. When my car is too clean and I’m too freshly dressed, the pax seem to think I’m very successful at this. I find that my tips take a dip when I’m too clean.

If there is a little bit of dust on the car and I have some stubble from not shaving , the tips appear to increase . 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe they think I may be living in my car?

I still keep the car ozium’d and the mats banged out. Windows I’ve let get go a bit more. Too clean of windows, they get that forced tip feeling. The pax seem to like the real guy vibe other than the total professional vibe. It’s weird. I’m still finding a balance.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Thanks. I’ve heard I’m the GND a lot. Tips aren’t about looks. It’s about luck, attitude and personality.

There was a quote I heard years ago saying something like, people won’t remember what you said or what you did, bit they’ll remember how to made them feel.

And, your ratings are higher than mine.
GND types can be hotter than supermodels. Why? Because GND types are within reach / feasible for an average guy, so the interaction is exciting. An average guy has no chance with a supermodel.

:smiles: