How ridiculous riders have a 15 minute cancellation window now for SUV BLACK.

UBAntKing

Today a passenger entered my Uber X at 4:50.
Usually I move at that time when I see them coming.
I start moving. Turn off cell location data. Park the car, turn off engine and take off uber sticker when it hits 3. Then gladly drive off and cancel after 2minutes while driving by watching their @$$ looking for the ride on the side walk.

Jack Straw

you gotta wait 15 minutes now for a cancellation fee. This is straight foolish.
i might be wrong but i think black SUV drivers have different mind set than Xdrivers. it used to be 10min. yes we have to wait 15 minutes, but personally, most of the time, especially if it's busy, i don't care about that cancellation fee. the opportunity cost of the next ride is big that that cancellation fee is trivial, to me at least. i text, if they reply i wait no problem especially if i was very close to the pick up location and got there quick, if they don't reply, it's up to you wait and collect or cancel and move on.

UberLaLa

Had one No Show last week and I Cancelled.

That Cancel Fee Paid: $18

Last edited:

Nice

More than a large fraction of completed x rides.

But seriously... patience is a virtue. Some of my most lucrative trips have been low rated riders with long wait times.
Yeah but what hotel is gonna let you sit and wait 15 minutes front an center of their establishment.

Nice

Oh so you’re telling me uber wants you to drive 15min to pax then wait 14min and let pax cancel without any sort of compensation? 29min of your time + gas for free. Sounds like Uber logic.
This exactly what happened. Then wasted another 15-30 min arguing with support to be told this. Smh

LoveBC

This exactly what happened. Then wasted another 15-30 min arguing with support to be told this. Smh
Try spending 45 min arguing with Pinoyrohit over a cancel fee. Heshe claims it was an uberx request, despite me shoving the black screenshot in their face.

At some point it’s just more fun to waste their time just enough to equalize the situation

Nice

Attachments

• B71F6915-C0C1-4E50-8461-7B4F0E5A1B07.png
    B71F6915-C0C1-4E50-8461-7B4F0E5A1B07.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 80