1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How quick do you cancel on riders who intentionally power trip and make you wait?

Discussion in 'Atlanta' started by 8T2H2ASSUE, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Eggroll

Eggroll Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    5mins from arrival

Edman and grams777 like this.
  2. CrimzonFiasco

CrimzonFiasco Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I had a pax that wouldn't answer their phone when i got to their gate, but i was able to trail another guy in. i get to her house and text her to let her know that i was outside. it literally takes her 5 mins to walk out of her door, slow dragging feet, and gets halfway to my car, stops , TURNS AROUND, AND GOES BACK INTO HER HOUSE WITHOUT ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OR EXPLANATION. Then three minutes later she comes back out and drags to my car, i pretty much waited for her to come back out JUST to cancel and drive off in her face for wasting my time. But not before sending my pre saved quick text (i use it on pool riders when i get them) "its important to be ready" message.

Reversoul, Disellad, MiamiKid and 8 others like this.
  3. Uberberber

Uberberber Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    love it ..im going use that message on my next cancellation .

Disellad likes this.
  4. CrimzonFiasco

CrimzonFiasco Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah it's like a professional **** you.

5. Uberberber

Uberberber Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    it`s pure Awesomeness , i cant wait to use it and just look at their face when that txt hits ,,,,

Disellad likes this.

6. IRose

IRose Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I drove to a pickup at Dentist office, I waited 5 minutes, and another five minutes, sent the passenger a message,
    no response. I figured maybe the Dentist had him held up since it only took me 3 minutes to arrive. But I ended
    up cancelling at 12 minutes. Never again, after that it's been 7 minutes tops and I'm rolling off.

Disellad and Uber Is The Devil like this.
  7. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I had a pax with a drunk girlfriend puking as she approached my car. yeah, hey A-hole, you really think I'm gonig to let you and her in my car? I'm outta here.

NY Peach, IRose, gentry and 1 other person like this.
  8. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Just wait five minutes and cancel if no show, and if everyone does that, eventually the dog learns, and does the trick right to get its' reward.

NY Peach, Disellad, UberAnt39 and 4 others like this.
  9. SpeedyGonzalez11

SpeedyGonzalez11 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I wait 5 mins from arrival, or 5 mins from text or call, whichever is later. If no response, I'll cancel. If they respond within that timeframe I'll wait a little bit.

10. senorCRV

senorCRV Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Depends on their name.

11. negeorgia

negeorgia Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The app tells you when when a Pool rider has exceeded 2 minutes, but does not for X after 5 minutes. Oh no, did I just confess to accepting a Pool ping?

12. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

If they call me,or I can reach them on phone,I will wait if they have good reason.
    If it is a trifling drunk,and 3 people come out of bar and go back in to tell him,I will leave.

Edman likes this.
  13. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

. . . . . " Or else they get the hose again " !

Attached Files:

Edman likes this.
  14. acanas

acanas Member

I say "Hey Siri start a 5 minute timer" the moment Uber says "passenger notified you arrived" and I cancel no-show the moment that timer goes off. Only exception is when we've already talked on the phone and I know it's a long ride with surge.

15. Edman

Edman Well-Known Member

ok, thx

16. Edman

Edman Well-Known Member

good point!

17. Uberoni

Uberoni Active Member

Here is a fun one:

I accept an uberx ping near Lenox Mall. About 7 minutes away.

I arrive and after about three-four minutes a guy comes out. "Hey, we'll be right there." I say okay... It's slow as hell, so I think whatever... This is my last one tonight...

After another three-four minutes, guys comes out with a suitcase. "Sorry, got a couple more, heading to airport" I think, okay, it's relatively slow. I'll do an airport run and then head home. I load the guy's suitcase and wait...

Another few minutes, he comes out with two additional suitcases. I load them into the trunk. He says, "we are just locking up"... So I get ready to leave and wait...

After another few minutes, he and his girlfriend come out, lock the house up, head to the car. She of course has an alcoholic beverage in a cup (which I couldn't care less about at this point)... I'm thinking, FINALLY... I'll drop them at airport and then head home...

They get in car, I start trip... They are going to the Marta station, less than a mile away... lol...

Drive them to the station, unload their ****... I'm being sickening polite, of course... They were at least appreciative... (No tip, but appreciative)...

I head home... I make $3.75 or whatever the minimum is. lol...

Good times...

18. UberAnt39

UberAnt39 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't worry about people here, you'll learn. That dog will bite you and then you'll stop doing Pool.

negeorgia likes this.
  19. IRose

IRose Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Oh My! All of that for lass than $5.00
    Another Uber driver I talked to told me she had a young lady come to her vehicle with a few bags, the young lady asked
    the driver to wait and she went back in and came out with boxes, the driver said the young lady made about four trips inside bringing
    out bags and boxes. When the girl finally got in the vehicle ( back seat and trunk loaded) the driver said she started the
    Uber trip app and the young lady was going to Alabama!! I wasn't sure if I should believe the driver or not. But it kind of scared
    me because we never knew where the flip these passengers are going.

SpeedyGonzalez11 and Uberoni like this.
  20. SpeedyGonzalez11

SpeedyGonzalez11 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Alabama wtf. Lol if uber is take it and say goodbye to sleep. Question tho, does uber cap at 200$ like lyft?

IRose likes this.