How pick are you about inside rattle noises?

ROTA

I cant stand it..
Check what i had to do to find the fkn noise lol
It cames out it was from the connector from my dash clock display
Corolla 2016

Screenshot_20180705-113802_WhatsApp.jpg

E30addixt

Turn the radio up.

That said, there's a rattle from my steering column that's starting to piss me off. It's not a quick fix :frown:

Sometimes the front seat belt gets twisted after a pax gets out and bangs against the b pillar on a bumpy road. That tweaks me and I'll reach over and twist it back so it doesn't bang around.

ROTA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Turn the radio up.

That said, there's a rattle from my steering column that's starting to piss me off. It's not a quick fix :frown:

Sometimes the front seat belt gets twisted after a pax gets out and bangs against the b pillar on a bumpy road. That tweaks me and I'll reach over and twist it back so it doesn't bang around.
Had a rattle noise on my passenger side too. Toke to few mechanics and each one gave me different issues.. till i toke to a small and old local shop and guys found the prob.. was missing hardware part on one of my pads and it was shacking on calipers... 50 dollar fix lol
That could be 1800 like the first one pointed my "transmission" hahaha

LyftinUp

Turn the radio up.

Is it a creaking when Turing? Power steering fluid might be low? Or you may need a new power steering hose.

E30addixt

Is it a creaking when Turing? Power steering fluid might be low? Or you may need a new power steering hose.
Nah. It has electric PS. The noise is the two trim pieces surrounding the column right by the ignition switch. Mechanically the car is sound.

Im never buying a toyota corolla ever again.
Why? They're good cars. They're just econoboxes. You get what you pay for.

wk1102

I cant stand it..
Check what i had to do to find the fkn noise lol
It cames out it was from the connector from my dash clock display
Corolla 2016

View attachment 241411
I hate those mystery rattles and squeaks. I had one on my Nissan, a a squeak. Problem was it was intermittent and would only happen at 35mph and above. Drove me nuts. Turned out it was the rear spoiler.

Diamondraider

True story...SMH

Chased an intermittent vibrating rattle in a 2016 Altima I bought last year. Drove me and the dealership crazy.

Turned out to be the plastic ring on the cheap water I buy. Once opened, the ring would vibrate at different frequencies depending on how much was already consumed. During one visit, the mechanic consumed a bottle of water over the course of three test drives. After the third trip (water bottle empty and crushed), he stated the sound was fixed but “bring it back if it returns!”