How much you can REALLY make driving here in Las Vegas

Uberisfuninlv

Uber X pays .60 a mile and 0.1575 a minute.
Minimum fare is $3.97

Quests will at best add $1 an hour to your earnings

Surge has been mostly non existent the last 10 days

Consecutive trips bonuses are getting smaller and smaller each week

Most nights (between 7pm-midnight) you can gross $20 an hour if you are consistenly busy or get some tips. Highway trips are nice. You can get $15 for 20-30 minutes.

There is no consistency. Some nights you may only get trips that take you to the suburbs and don’t even sniff downtown and the strip.

But realistically most of you will GROSS somewhere between $15-$25 an hour. If there were no expenses involved that would be a decent wage for this area. But when you consider wear and tear, maintenance, repairs, gasoline, and taxes, you really have to take away about 30% of that to get a true NET pay. So realistically you are looking at $10-$17 an hour NET pay.

Yes there are opportunities for kickbacks and stuff but it’s not consistent and you should never depend on kickbacks as part of your guaranteed income each week.

There will be days where you get little or no tips. Or you may have 5 rides in a row that all tip you.

This gig is wildly inconsistent. Some hours you may only get 1 or 2 rides even on the strip and have lots of traffic and make just $10. Or you might do 3 rides during a surge and they are offering CTB and you get tipped. There are SOME hours where yes you will make $25 $30 or even $35. But it’s a rarity and without kickbacks or surge or bonus it is increasingly harder to do (unless you get like $10 in tips during that hour or you get back to back 20 mile highway rides)

Be real about your true earnings. Doing Uber your earnings fluctuate a lot. After expenses they will fluctuate between $10-$17 an hour. You won’t make $20 or even $25 an hour. Only if you are lying to yourself and not counting ALL your expenses and taxes including gas.

That is the truth. Those are just facts. Just because one person says they CAN make over $1300 a week (before expenses and putting in around 60 hours) doesn’t mean everyone can.

Every one can brag about their earnings because they will be inflated, they don’t include any expenses we pay for.

And realistically your overall expenses are like a 20-30% tax on those earnings on the app.

So any screen shots that anyone posts showing earnings, remember they don’t account for expenses and to get a true figure you need to take away that 20-30% to see a real take home amount.

All the vets on this board, if you agree with this, please give me a like. Let’s see who’s really being truthful here and not being a know it all and a show off

GoBigBlue

Minimum fare is $3.97

Most nights (between 7pm-midnight) you can gross $20 an hour if you are consistenly busy or get some tips. Highway trips are nice. You can get $15 for 20-30 minutes.

There is no consistency. Some nights you may only get trips that take you to the suburbs and don’t even sniff downtown and the strip.

But realistically most of you will GROSS somewhere between $15-$25 an hour. If there were no expenses involved that would be a decent wage for this area. But when you consider wear and tear, maintenance, repairs, gasoline, and taxes, you really have to take away about 30% of that to get a true NET pay. So realistically you are looking at $10-$17 an hour NET pay.

Yes there are opportunities for kickbacks and stuff but it’s not consistent and you should never depend on kickbacks as part of your guaranteed income each week.

There will be days where you get little or no tips. Or you may have 5 rides in a row that all tip you.

This gig is wildly inconsistent. Some hours you may only get 1 or 2 rides even on the strip and have lots of traffic and make just $10. Or you might do 3 rides during a surge and they are offering CTB and you get tipped. There are SOME hours where yes you will make $25 $30 or even $35. But it’s a rarity and without kickbacks or surge or bonus it is increasingly harder to do (unless you get like $10 in tips during that hour or you get back to back 20 mile highway rides)

Be real about your true earnings. Doing Uber your earnings fluctuate a lot. After expenses they will fluctuate between $10-$17 an hour. You won’t make $20 or even $25 an hour. Only if you are lying to yourself and not counting ALL your expenses and taxes including gas.

That is the truth. Those are just facts. Just because one person says they CAN make over $1300 a week (before expenses and putting in around 60 hours) doesn’t mean everyone can.

Every one can brag about their earnings because they will be inflated, they don’t include any expenses we pay for.

And realistically your overall expenses are like a 20-30% tax on those earnings on the app.

So any screen shots that anyone posts showing earnings, remember they don’t account for expenses and to get a true figure you need to take away that 20-30% to see a real take home amount.

All the vets on this board, if you agree with this, please give me a like. Let’s see who’s really being truthful here and not being a know it all and a show off
I think you already answered your own question!!

Uberisfuninlv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Minimum fare is $3.97

One last thing to add, yes you can make $1,000 a week doing this (gross pay) but on most weeks it is going to take 50+ hours and a little luck.

Udrivevegas

Minimum fare is $3.97

You shouldn't let people with obvious mental health issues get under your skin. It's not worth it.

Uberisfuninlv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s not that. It is really hard to get a true assessment of how much one can make (as an outsider) Most people are afraid to post earnings. Someone should be serious and truthful. I’m sure there are many people on here who look but haven’t signed up.

I feel like the assessment given by someone else was very inaccurate and made it seem like it’s easy and you don’t have to put a lot of time in to make money. They never even mentioned that you have lots of expenses and the take home is much less than that. That bothers me more than the person itself. I could care less if 100 people sign up right now and start driving. Just be truthful. I am.

Udrivevegas

It’s not that. It is really hard to get a true assessment of how much one can make (as an outsider) Most people are afraid to post earnings. Someone should be serious and truthful. I’m sure there are many people on here who look but haven’t signed up.

I feel like the assessment given by someone else was very inaccurate and made it seem like it’s easy and you don’t have to put a lot of time in to make money. They never even mentioned that you have lots of expenses and the take home is much less than that. That bothers me more than the person itself. I could care less if 100 people sign up right now and start driving. Just be truthful. I am.
It's all just ramblings of a person who craves attention. They'll be gone soon enough I'm sure. And people looking on here for advice and answers will pick and choose what they want. We see that with all the new threads about "moving to Vegas, how much can I make." Over and over again.

Uberman123456

IMO people should do Uber / Lyft part-time and not think of it as an hourly rate.

The pay is much better than the $0 you'd have been making on the couch.

For those that do it full-time I'd literally argue that flipping burgers at McDonald's is better. The expenses are less, you're FAR less likely to get in a catastrophic accident or robbed, and if equipment breaks McDonald's pays for it not you.

JethroBodine

IMO people should do Uber / Lyft part-time and not think of it as an hourly rate.

For those that do it full-time I'd literally argue that flipping burgers at McDonald's is better. The expenses are less, you're FAR less likely to get in a catastrophic accident or robbed, and if equipment breaks McDonald's pays for it not you.
So when are you going to start at working at McDonald's?

Sbc6120

Minimum fare is $3.97

Do not trust above one..
You have to know las vegas road well...you need to live.at least more than 8 years to figure out your gps...
All bull shit make 20 bucks.make..
I would move to near time square..
Here las vegas.strip area.. every day all construction going on.. it is terrible. Hate to see that..

NowWeAllBroke

Minimum fare is $3.97

Who cares how much or little you can make? Per your user name one drives, not to make money, but for fun!
Post automatically merged:

justfacts

What's with the chip on your shoulder? Chill out dude.
My question to you is, do you ever offer encouragement or do you always feel a need to put people down for their opinions? Also , how many of you including this one that I’m responding to still live with their parents? I really think you in particular must still live at home with your parents. Nothing wrong with it but really, never an encouraging word? Ever? .

JethroBodine

How's your new job at McDonalds. I like to come in and say howdy.

TomH

If the pay sucks, go get another gig or job. If you are making good money doing rideshare, do not share the info and have more people sign up. I want people to think rideshare is not profitable.

Daniel Harbin

I want people to think rideshare is not profitable.
I guess it all depends on what someone considers what profitable is. Sometimes if you are retired and sitting at home yelling at people on the computer and well on your way to becoming an angry old fart, then maybe rideshare is a great opportunity to get out and notice that there is a world out there. And you make a bit of money on the side. Heck, it's even more fun if you make a game out of it and celebrate when goals are reached.

To me being profitable is my job before I retired making 50 bucks an hour and barely working. 5 weeks vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave each year that accumulates and paid out when you leave. Ohh yeah a sweetheart pension plan.