How much weight have you gained becoming a driver?

How much weight have you put on since becoming a driver?

• Under 10 lbs.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • 10 to 20 lbs

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • 20 to 30 lbs

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Over 40 lbs

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters

RicoTasso

2019-04-21-06-41-14.jpg

I'll cut to the chase, I already had a Dad Bod before I started driving, but now in the 3 almost 4 years I've been doing this I've put on quite a gut. I don't eat fast food. I bring a homemade sandwich and some almonds and fruit to snack on while I drive. Yeah ok I like to have a beer at the end of the day. Who doesn't right? But damn why can't I see my feet anymore? For anybody else that one beer, ok maybe a couple shouldn't matter that much but when you consider that all we do is sit in our cars most the day, it does. Ok yeah I do the get out of my car and walk around bit, but when soon as I get a ping, that's the end of that! I need the money! In my market pings are pretty consistent the hours I work.

Still, when I get home I am too tired too do much else but sit in front of the TV and unwind with a beer, and yeah I have a decent diner, chicken or steak mostly, but boy those beer carbs really add up!

With the loss of Surge, rate cuts, and oversaturation everywhere, most of us have to drive even longer hours than ever just to make ends meet. I thought about joining a gym but I don't even know how I would work it into my schedule. Do I have to change my entire diet to cut out all carbs and, get rid of....not my beer?! I'm curious what other's routines are.

1.5xorbust

I grew up on PBR. Can’t get rid of that. I walk up 41 stairs 20 times a day where I live almost every day and take a 30 minute infrared sauna most days.

I eat high protein low carb meals for the most part and drink lots of water. It keeps my weight in check.

ANT 7

The key is to remember this, that one "bad meal" will undo 5 days of eating correctly.

So, before you decide to eat that pizza and ice cream after drinking 12 beers, think about it first. If you're dying of hunger while driving, go to Starbucks and eat their Sous Vide Egg Bites.

ANT 7

Keto diet, South Beach, they are all the same.
Post automatically merged:

When you are on a low carb diet you only drink vodka, or whisky, straight up or with soda water. I can drink 4-5 vodka's for 70 calories each and zero carbs and get buzzed now because of the low carb diet......before I could pound back twice as much easily.

RicoTasso

Yeah I was hoping I wasn't going to have to give up my beer, but I know its loaded with carbs. Likewise my goto quick dinner, Moro de Habichuelas (Rice with Beans) ?

ANT 7

I do not miss beer at all. Nor do I miss rice and/or beans.

Breakfast is always 3 hard boiled eggs, a cup of 1% cottage cheese, and a coffee (300 cal). You WILL NOT be hungry for 6 hours at least.

Lunch is a piece of chicken/beef and broccoli, etc, or a couple of protein shakes (Premier Protein from Costco)........sometimes I use cold turkey slices, dill pickles, 2 x Laughing Cow cheese pieces, 2 x Wasa crackers and Roma tomatoes (400 cal).

Dinner is always a large salad with shrimps, or chicken, or tofu, etc......and no dressing (300 cal).

I stick to 1,000 cal a day now and have forever.......it's easy to do. If I know I am going out with the guys later in the day I skip dinner and count my 70 calories per drink instead. Trust me, you cannot over drink on this program as your body adapts really quick and you will get buzzed faster than you used to. I'm buzzed after 6 vodka/soda (420 cal) now.

As a footnote, if you do this for 2 weeks, and then eat really bad for a meal, your body will @@@@ with you so bad afterwards, that you won't want to do it again. You will lose 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks. I can strip 25 pounds a month off my body consistently.

Last edited:

RicoTasso

I do not miss beer at all. Nor do I miss rice and/or beans.

Breakfast is always 3 hard boiled eggs, a cup of 1% cottage cheese, and a coffee (300 cal). You WILL NOT be hungry for 6 hours at least.

Lunch is a piece of chicken/beef and broccoli, etc, or a couple of protein shakes (Premier Protein from Costco)........sometimes I use cold turkey slices, dill pickles, 2 x Laughing Cow cheese pieces, 2 x Wasa crackers and Roma tomatoes (400 cal).

Dinner is always a large salad with shrimps, or chicken, or tofu, etc......and no dressing (300 cal).

I stick to 1,000 cal a day now and have forever.......it's easy to do. If I know I am going out with the guys later in the day I skip dinner and count my 70 calories per drink instead. Trust me, you cannot over drink on this program as your body adapts really quick and you will get buzzed faster than you used to. I'm buzzed after 6 vodka/soda (420 cal) now.

As a footnote, if you do this for 2 weeks, and then eat really bad for a meal, your body will @@@@ with you so bad afterwards, that you won't want to do it again. You will lose 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks. I can strip 25 pounds a month off my body consistently.
Awesome! I'm going to try this. The beer will be easier to give up than the rice and beans though.?

What about cholesterol though? You aren't worried about the eggs?

Oh yeah. The broccoli...broccoli gives me gas. Got any ways to combat that while I'm driving. I don't want to crop dust my pax.:roflmao:

ANT 7

My cholesterol blood tests are good......it's a non-issue.

Don't eat brocolli then....try cauliflower or other GREEN veggies except peas, as they are starchy.

Invisible

Never heard the term Dad Bod. That’s funny. When a guy gains weight, especially in the mid section, he has a Dad Bod with man boobs. Yet when women gain weight they’ve told they’re fat.

I’ve lost weight, but that’s because I was doing delivery before R/S and walked more than I sat. I’m also too poor now to eat a lot. But drinking a lot of water and staying away from processed foods has always helped me not gain weight.

Soldiering

View attachment 313660

I'll cut to the chase, I already had a Dad Bod before I started driving, but now in the 3 almost 4 years I've been doing this I've put on quite a gut. I don't eat fast food. I bring a homemade sandwich and some almonds and fruit to snack on while I drive. Yeah ok I like to have a beer at the end of the day. Who doesn't right? But damn why can't I see my feet anymore? For anybody else that one beer, ok maybe a couple shouldn't matter that much but when you consider that all we do is sit in our cars most the day, it does. Ok yeah I do the get out of my car and walk around bit, but when soon as I get a ping, that's the end of that! I need the money! In my market pings are pretty consistent the hours I work.

Still, when I get home I am too tired too do much else but sit in front of the TV and unwind with a beer, and yeah I have a decent diner, chicken or steak mostly, but boy those beer carbs really add up!

With the loss of Surge, rate cuts, and oversaturation everywhere, most of us have to drive even longer hours than ever just to make ends meet. I thought about joining a gym but I don't even know how I would work it into my schedule. Do I have to change my entire diet to cut out all carbs and, get rid of....not my beer?! I'm curious what other's routines are.
Bro, I love PBR! You just described me minus the healthy sandwich. ? I feel your pain. I've put on 30

everythingsuber

189 pounds at present but have been as bad as 240 pounds working at a non driving job. Too many good lunches.
This job will kill you if you let it and nothing is a problem until it is. You don't think about diet and exercise you can kiss a good 20-30 years of life good bye

got a p

i think i'm about 195 right now. usually 180 when in good shape and just doing core exercise and either running or hiking, or 190-200 when i'm hitting the gym regularly.

at 6'1 i'm aight but i do have belly fat, and have been thinking about cutting that weight out over the next month or two just doing my regular routine i used to do.

my biggest reason for the weight gain is probably not eating much during my shift then getting home late and stuffing myself with warm comfort food. my go to atm is a large plate of loaded nachos :tongue smile: