How much to charge

petept

Ok guys,i was contacted by a very large Hospital and one of the Drs. Want to hire me as a personal driver for his mother. 3 or 4 days a week,using my car for 4 or 5 hrs each day. I am meeting tomorrow to discuss pay. I have no idea what is fair. Any input you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

shirleyujest

I charge 40.00 an hour for things like that
For 4-5 hours, $40 seems kind of low.
Post automatically merged:

Ok guys,i was contacted by a very large Hospital and one of the Drs. Want to hire me as a personal driver for his mother. 3 or 4 days a week,using my car for 4 or 5 hrs each day. I am meeting tomorrow to discuss pay. I have no idea what is fair. Any input you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
For 4-5 hours each day, $40 seems pretty low. I'd charge twice that much, maybe more. And are you going to go through Uber?

spaceman

On runs that you need to be retained all day $20 an hour $2 a mile 3 hours minimum

petept

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys I got .60 a mile and $20.00 an hr. Will be 4 days a week 5 hrs a day. Finally something new. Thanks for your advice! Be safe out there

Rose511

I would have charged more but you have to do what’s best for you. I wish you much success with your new job! ??

Have fun too

Roger in Canton

Thanks guys I got .60 a mile and $20.00 an hr. Will be 4 days a week 5 hrs a day. Finally something new. Thanks for your advice! Be safe out there
If you don't have commercial insurance, then you need to go through the app. Your personal insurance company won't cover you if you're for hire.

Roger in Canton

Good advice! A lot of people just think of the money they'll make, and don't think of insurance stuff.
Yep! Even if they say "I'll just tell them we're friends", that will last until they did you! Since your insurance won't cover you (and drop you), they'll take everything you own. I know of others who have taken these private fares. To me it's not worth my house.

I've taken "private"riders, but ALWAYS on the app. I had someone that I've taken to concerts and such, then they text me and I take them home. For me being there private driver they always tipped me $100 cash (pre-arranged). Plus it saved me deadheading back.

Last edited: