How much the NYC TLC Suburban guys really make....

Inshur

NJDriver

We met a guy who operates an NYC TLC Suburban and just does UBER. It looked to be a few years old and in need of a good wax job. He showed us his app as we were curious just how much he made. What we saw was stunning. After Ubers cut, he was regularly making $2600 per week working 10 hour days. Keep in mind. He didnt have the fancier 2015 Suburban, but what looked like to be the older model. This is the first time I was able to confirm just how much these guys made wondering around NYC in the Suburban. He said he hangs out mainly in the meat-packing district.

We asked him how much other drivers make and how long they work. He said they usually pull in 1900-2600 per week. They all pretty much work 50+ hours per week. Not a 40-hour per week gig.

It was confirmed through his phone that we saw personally.

ubernyc

lol i made 2500+ from mid 2013 to mid 2014
he sleep in his car then cuz an suv driver who works 10 hrs after ubers cut and gas they make 250-300.

Engineer

Total BS for the summer time. Even if you work 20 hrs a day you cannot make that much in Manhattan.

You're either a troll or quite gullible.

cybertec69

I used to make that in my uberx before the 35% rate cuts in June of 2014, and over saturation of uber cars.

cybertec69

We met a guy who operates an NYC TLC Suburban and just does UBER. It looked to be a few years old and in need of a good wax job. He showed us his app as we were curious just how much he made. What we saw was stunning. After Ubers cut, he was regularly making $2600 per week working 10 hour days. Keep in mind. He didnt have the fancier 2015 Suburban, but what looked like to be the older model. This is the first time I was able to confirm just how much these guys made wondering around NYC in the Suburban. He said he hangs out mainly in the meat-packing district.

We asked him how much other drivers make and how long they work. He said they usually pull in 1900-2600 per week. They all pretty much work 50+ hours per week. Not a 40-hour per week gig.

It was confirmed through his phone that we saw personally.
And do you know what his daily operating costs are for an SUV.

NJDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First, I saw the earnings directly from the app on his phone. Second, he told me he spends usually 50 dollars per day for gas. From what I have heard TLC SUV drivers spend 800 dollars a month give or take for insurance. Third, he was driving a 3 to 4 year old Suburban which has to help on insurance costs. It was an LT. I heard a while back a trick of getting a used Suburban which had exactly 2 years left to save on depreciation. Use it as much as possible for 2 years and sell it. I actually just looked up what it costs for a 2013/2014 Suburban LT and you can get one under 30. It comes to mind what if you show up in this thing and they downrate you for the vehicle. Its a risk, but this guy seemed to have been working it just fine. Better than paying full price for a 2015/2016 which will run probably upwards of over 50-60 grand.

Finally and most importantly the guy had been driving since long before Uber so he knew the business. Someone who doesnt have that experience might take some time to learn.

Last edited:

melolm

Get the hell out of here with your lies. I have been driving for uber for almost 8 months and this the highest I made was $2028, I worked 81 hours/week. That was the one the busiest week. After that even though I stay connected for at 80 hours at least I never made that amount again. sometimes I could not even make $1000. Wait, I had a brand new Mercedes Benz ml350-uber black, but that does not matter. @@@@ Uber!

NJDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can make 2 grand a week in Jersey and even more in NYC if you work monster weeks driving daily without breaks, long hours, AND you know exactly what you are doing....you know exactly where the hotspots are from day to day. Living out of your car working 16 hour days 7 days a week is not easy and cannot be sustained for a long period of time, but yes, it can be done. Ive been told there are quite a few foreigners who have mouths to feed at home who are doing it. They have the will to live out of the car making the Jersey and NY road their life. Im not certain if I could do it like them, but if I had to do it I would.

So Im not saying it can be done so easily. There are some caveats...

Inshur New York