How much is Uber cuts now

Rugar45

I should not let it bother me but Uber taking more than 50% when I supply the car and service is infuriating.
The insurance costs and return for their investors are possible culprits.

I guess it turns out that the cab companies (cartel?, not much of a cartel; a low profit cartel?) are not swimming in money either if uber needs that big a cut per ride without providing a car. They have been flipping cars every 5 years (cab companies).

Azazel

The insurance costs and return for their investors are possible culprits.

I guess it turns out that the cab companies (cartel?, not much of a cartel; a low profit cartel?) are not swimming in money either if uber needs that big a cut per ride without providing a car. They have been flipping cars every 5 years (cab companies).
Thats why their is a price difference for cabs. it wouldn't be and if we could put advertisement in the cars like cabs, that would pay part of your car.

SGT-E

Picked up rider from Ballys going to Top Golf..Uber X ride. Rider said..oh i should of used promo code and i asked what the fare was quoted..she said only $8.00.. How is it only 1 mile or less and i only see $3.75??? And rider quoted $8????
How is it that much for Uber? Why camt they be like Lyft and show what rider paid and be more freakin transparent..

SGT-E

I thought Uber was 25% cut.. Can they do this much without showing drivers what the fare was?? Is this legal? How is this possible?? All this time with Uber..only couple of months but this is ridiculous.

SWLVUber

According to my calcs over my first 3 months I found that tons of my 600+ rides netted me less than 50% of the customer pay. Majority of the losers are pickups at non residential addresses. Some get as low as 31%. But when I average all rides together I find most nights I average 60/64 percent of what customer pays with tip subtracted. I also found some rides netted me as much as 500% of what customer paid...of course those are generally rides where customer had coupon or adjustments made by Uber. I do agree that those Uber rip off rides are not cool.

Rugar45

I thought Uber was 25% cut.. Can they do this much without showing drivers what the fare was?? Is this legal? How is this possible?? All this time with Uber..only couple of months but this is ridiculous.
Uber was born from illegality; they broke all the rules from the onset. It was a matter of time before they turned on their drivers more than likely. And good luck suing uber. Many have tried.

Of course it's ridiculous, but as long as there is new blood willing to work the driver pay will stay low. If they have driver shortages then the incentives will probably start. It sucks for anybody in Vegas transportation. I would like to make "side hustle" who wouldn't if it was enough. How can I even bother jumping through all the hoops setting up while not knowing what will happen next month to rates and car quantities.

Taxi2Uber

Had a trip airport to JW Marriott 1.4x I got $27.67 rider paid $55.88 nuts
I got a ride from encore to Boulder City. Rider paid 54$, I got 22-23$.
Rider pays near cab rates. Driver's cut is near cabbie's cut, 40-50%. Except Uber drivers take on all the expenses that a cab company normally deals with. And cabbies get tips and Uber drivers....well...not so much.

VegasR

It turns out that the meaning of the word "fare," or its equivalent, is not the meaning that has been used for the past 2,000 years or so. Uber recently discovered the real meaning, and it just happens to be beneficial for them and bad for you.

Rugar45

Rider pays near cab rates. Driver's cut is near cabbie's cut, 40-50%. Except Uber drivers take on all the expenses that a cab company normally deals with. And cabbies get tips and Uber drivers....well...not so much.
Yeah but cabs don't get anywhere near the amount of rides per hour unless it's really busy. The pay is roughly the same for cab or uber. Less work and stress with cab, and no risk of accident in your personal car, or issue of expensive repair. I know people who have done cab and uber/lyft, and that's what they tell me. I drive cab. It's no picnic. Mostly minimum and tips with free health (or low cost for other companies).

$56.oo to the JW is a cab fare from the port. I think this is what sucks for the most part, I've been doing some really long rides out North..etc. I know in a cab these would be $50 dollar fares if not more on a few rides. Some have taken well into 30-40 minutes and when I see my cut is 12-17 bucks I get somewhat frustrated when you figure time, gas, ins, maintence, tax, free water etc. I'm having to buy an extra 2 cases of water a week now to keep the truck supplied.

Doesn't feel like a fair deal.

But I'm still making a few bucks, so I can't complain.

Samas

$56.oo to the JW is a cab fare from the port. I think this is what sucks for the most part, I've been doing some really long rides out North..etc. I know in a cab these would be $50 dollar fares if not more on a few rides. Some have taken well into 30-40 minutes and when I see my cut is 12-17 bucks I get somewhat frustrated when you figure time, gas, ins, maintence, tax, free water etc. I'm having to buy an extra 2 cases of water a week now to keep the truck supplied

Doesn't feel like a fair deal.

But I'm still making a few bucks, so I can't complain.
Thats the problem that's how everyone feels " I'm makin a few bucks"...drivers are gettin ripped off so badly it's pathetic, you can sit around and hope that drivers association that held a meeting a couple weeks ago will do somthing, but they won't...what needs to happen is drivers need to get on the same page say enough is enough and have enough drivers turn off the app for a week or two to remind these companies they need us more then we need them and to back off to a 10-15% cut...I think the airport is the best place to spread the word to drivers...we can make things change but have to try laying face down and biting the pillow is not an option, if not for yourself, do it for your poor car !

Udrivevegas

Thats the problem that's how everyone feels " I'm makin a few bucks"...drivers are gettin ripped off so badly it's pathetic, you can sit around and hope that drivers association that held a meeting a couple weeks ago will do somthing, but they won't...what needs to happen is drivers need to get on the same page say enough is enough and have enough drivers turn off the app for a week or two to remind these companies they need us more then we need them and to back off to a 10-15% cut...I think the airport is the best place to spread the word to drivers...we can make things change but have to try laying face down and biting the pillow is not an option, if not for yourself, do it for your poor car !
You sure do have a pattern. Insult all the other drivers. Claim only you know how to get Uber/Lyft to cave. Call for a strike. My guess is, if everyone agreed to strike the airport on the same day at the same time, you would be working your ass off, picking up the surge rides. And if I'm wrong, and you wouldn't, there are hundreds of other drivers who would, because they only care about themselves.