How much does Uber eats pay . First trip advice

CZ75

Depends on your market. Are you seeing boost zones on your app? Are there potential quests to be had? If so, UE isn't a terrible gig because if you like to hustle you can make it work. Honestly sign up for Grub Hub if you can. They have lots of QoL features that the Uber app desperately needs.

But if you're like me in the DFW area where none of the above applies you will be making a base rate and working for minimum wage or even less when you consider gas, oil changes, and tire rotations. The only time I could make money here is if a storm rolls through that clears the road of drivers. Uber Eats is either two, $3 delivery per hour or moonshot runs that takes you away from civilization. Which means you deadhead back making nothing. UE is only good if you want to score some free food at the moment.

Vespa

Near nothing.

Better working a normal job.

They dont pay for downtime or actually getting to the pick up point.

Only job you can lose money via traffic fines, Fuel, repairs, helmets, vehicle rego, damages and personal injury.

Soldiering

I do UE alongside my U/L and that is the only way I would ever recommend doing it and I can barely do that. Most customers don't tip and the rate uber pays me is lower than I make transporting pax. Do t do it unless your gonna run it all g with PM, DD OR GH. Good luck. And yes what that guy said funny s***

amazinghl

<<<< This is what Uber Eat paid me on my last day with UE.
No boost, no promotion, and no tip.

If you have 2.0x boost, do it! If you don't, don't bother.

dlearl476

Ubereats is a complete waste of time. If you think you're going to get paid anything for delivering McDonald's cheeseburgers and fries to hungover guys in apartment complexes, you're dreaming. And tips? roflol
I made $32 in 1 1/4 hours last Sunday on 3 deliveries, one of them McDs. If you suck, you're doing it wrong
Post automatically merged:

<<<< This is what Uber Eat paid me on my last day with UE.
No boost, no promotion, and no tip.

If you have 2.0x boost, do it! If you don't, don't bother.
1.2 last Sunday. The trick is knowing "when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em." These days I only turn on the Uber app when I'm driving GH and it's slow. I only do UE deliveries that are <3 minutes away or $6< guarantee. Most days UE pays for my gas and a meal when I'm driving. I'll admit the $32 was somewhat of an aberration, but I'll generally make an extra $20-$30 on 4-5 trips during a 3 hour block

Last edited:

dlearl476

In my area what you get if
S $2.62 pickup $1.13 drop off, .86 mile no time pay on orders
Damn. The rate here is peanuts. Why I never take UE orders unless it’s slow on GH. And even then only if it’s <3 min away or $5< guarantee. Got this one while I was sitting in the restaurant parking lot.

2964B928-5DAD-4B16-BE6F-8A120422A522.png

Nats121

I only do UE deliveries that are <3 minutes away or $6< guarantee.
The restaurant may be <3 minutes away but you have no idea where the destination is.

For all you know it could far away.

That's what makes stacking UE orders with GH or other delivery companies a crapshoot that could backfire on you.

NYUber123

Let's see. Yesterday, it was pouring in the evening. I was online 2 hours. I got 0 pings and made exactly $0.00. So lets do some math. That's $0 per hour. Oh, I forgot to multiply my boost (0). According to my calculator, that's $0.00 per hour. Have fun!

tsmit44

I signed up on ubereats. I want to know how much I would make and how would my first trip go like?
Different for every city. Distance delivered makes the biggest different because it's, for me, $0.42/mile AFTER fees.
I usually only drive when the boost amount is 1.6x or above which weekends and after 12am. So with a 1.6x boost you're actually getting $0.67/mile. Plus paid for time and a base pickup/dropoff fee.

No boost? Typical order would be for example:
15 minutes, 2 miles = ~$3 or
20 minutes, 6 miles = ~$4.75

So yeah, you need boosts.

Tips are huge with UberEats too so if you're not getting a lot you're going to suffer.

Jbstevens88

Depends on market and when/where you work. I only work weekends(FSS), for about 12-18 hours total (30 trips). I gross avg about $28-$30 /hr. Only work higher boost zones, don't accept those guaranteed pay pings, stay in the surge area as much as possible. No McDonalds, Sonic, or other fast foods that I know to be slow. I don't camp. Keep moving. Know where the hot spots are, and keep circling those. I go about 2 miles one way, and turn around and circle back. If I deliver outside of my desired zone, go offline, and drive back into it. If not, Uber takes you further and further away. There are some restaurants barely inside my zone, that 90% of the people live way out from this place. So I cancel those bc I know I will have dead mile it back. Don't be afraid to contact customer if you are having trouble finding them. The more time you waste = less pay. Don't be afraid to cancel long wait time at the restaurant. You spending 20 minutes waiting, you could have picked up another ping from across the street and been on your way.

kiltedcameraman

Also depends of day of the week, weather, sunspots... Yesterday, I worked 11-1 (lunch) made 6 trips and $46. Today same time only made 4 trips and $24 (no boosts, but includes tips).

Justine?

Depends on market.

I’m in Phoenix area. I average $5-11$ an hour ( BEFORE GAS ETC). I ONLY DO EATS NOW. I’m only able to do about 2.5 deliveries an hour here with all the traffic etc.

Driver rates here are $0.60 / per mile here and 0.11 / minute. UBER IS A WASTE OF TIME. I only do it because I’m in between jobs waiting to take my state exam to become a MLO. ?

nightshaadow

I signed up on ubereats. I want to know how much I would make and how would my first trip go like?
On my very first day doing Ubereats, I only did 2 trips (by choice) took about an hour and made about $22. I got lucky and the first guy tipped me $4 and the second $9.