How much does Hertz charge your credit card when you pick up rental

Ghwwe72

I am picking up the Hertz rental tomorrow going to try it for a week to see how it goes. How much do they charge your card? I know the $250 deposit is charged but do they charge the first week and do they put any additional amount on hold. Also I can extend it out for up to 28 days do they put an additional hold at that time?

Hatianleo

Hey buddy i Just left their office, it's very important to know how much you're credit limit is, if you're planning on extending for more than 2 weeks. The deposit is 200 not 250, so they'll put a hold for a total of 418 when you pick up the vehicle. A hold, not charge, so later in the week that amount will show back up on your credit card as if they didn't charge you at all so don't spend that. So back to the credit limit i mentioned, its about $206 a week so let's say you did 3 weeks, that's $600+ they gonna charge you when you return the vehicle. So they only charge your credit card when you return the vehicle so you should rent based on how much credit you have on your CC.

Ghwwe72

Hey buddy i Just left their office, it's very important to know how much you're credit limit is, if you're planning on extending for more than 2 weeks. The deposit is 200 not 250, so they'll put a hold for a total of 418 when you pick up the vehicle. A hold, not charge, so later in the week that amount will show back up on your credit card as if they didn't charge you at all so don't spend that. So back to the credit limit i mentioned, its about $206 a week so let's say you did 3 weeks, that's $600+ they gonna charge you when you return the vehicle. So they only charge your credit card when you return the vehicle so you should rent based on how much credit you have on your CC.
but they shouldn't charge the cost of the rental is supposed to be taken out of your weekly Uber earnings I thought am I wrong?

divo183

but they shouldn't charge the cost of the rental is supposed to be taken out of your weekly Uber earnings I thought am I wrong?
Hertz you pay with your own CC after you return the vehicle like Hatianleo said. Enterprise takes it directly out of your earnings. BTW is you need insta pay or want to have it, I suggest you add it to your account before renting. You will not have the option to apply for insta pay while you have rental cars in your account.

Ghwwe72

Hertz you pay with your own CC after you return the vehicle like Hatianleo said. Enterprise takes it directly out of your earnings. BTW is you need insta pay or want to have it, I suggest you add it to your account before renting. You will not have the option to apply for insta pay while you have rental cars in your account.
Ok so I'll have to just add the money to my credit card each week to pay for the rental that's not an issue. I already have instant pay from my own vehicle so not an issue. If I do the rental would prob just do the weekly direct deposit anyhow. If you keep the car the 28 days to do a new rental is it a difficult process?

divo183

Ok so I'll have to just add the money to my credit card each week to pay for the rental that's not an issue. I already have instant pay from my own vehicle so not an issue. If I do the rental would prob just do the weekly direct deposit anyhow. If you keep the car the 28 days to do a new rental is it a difficult process?
Ok, ok..
No, you just need to call Hertz Park Plaza every week to extend your rental. After the 28 days if the car is good and don't need maintenance you can still keep it.

Ghwwe72

Ok, ok..
No, you just need to call Hertz Park Plaza every week to extend your rental. After the 28 days if the car is good and don't need maintenance you can still keep it.
Thank you for the info divo it sounds like you did the rental program do you think its worth it? My plan is to do 3 nights during the week about 4 hours each which should cover the rental cost. Then I'll do 8 to 12 hour days on saturdays and sundays to earn my own money as I have another job during the day during the week. I'm going to try it and see how it works out if it doesn't seem worth it after a couple weeks I'll just return the rental!

Hatianleo

No you handle them yourselves, uber doesn't take anything out. Exchange leasing Uber takes out.

divo183

Thank you for the info divo it sounds like you did the rental program do you think its worth it? My plan is to do 3 nights during the week about 4 hours each which should cover the rental cost. Then I'll do 8 to 12 hour days on saturdays and sundays to earn my own money as I have another job during the day during the week. I'm going to try it and see how it works out if it doesn't seem worth it after a couple weeks I'll just return the rental!
Did? I'm still doing it. Been doing rentals since Uber has been giving them out for free. To me is worth it, since it's full time for me. As for it being good for you, you'll have to test it out.

Ghwwe72

Did? I'm still doing it. Been doing rentals since Uber has been giving them out for free. To me is worth it, since it's full time for me. As for it being good for you, you'll have to test it out.
Ok thanks I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes thanks for the help with my questions

Timothy.s

What do you mean by Uber giving them out for free?

divo183

^^^^^^^^
Back when Uber launched its rental program with Enterprise was how I started to do uber. Uber would give you a $215 incentive for completing 75 trips per week. All you have to pay was $35 a week for taxes and fees. Back then they also had an incentive when you complete a certain amount of trips during peak hours, so I'll basically always do 75 trips peak hours and I'll get $300 from that and another $215 a week for the rental. The good old days!!!!

elcentro20

Y
Rental fees is part of deduction, no?

Yes but that's only $200 a week. A driver generally makes 1500 a week doing 40 or more hours. Renters will be on the hook for at least 75% of the taxes on that.

Let's just say one earns 50k a year, then they will have to pay taxes on approx 35k which will end up being 9k. The IRS deduction is way more driver friendly.

Nate b

Y

Yes but that's only $200 a week. A driver generally makes 1500 a week doing 40 or more hours. Renters will be on the hook for at least 75% of the taxes on that.

Let's just say one earns 50k a year, then they will have to pay taxes on approx 35k which will end up being 9k. The IRS deduction is way more driver friendly.
1500 a week doing 40 hours lol.. nice try.. I'd say the average driver who drives 40 hours makes about 1000

Ghwwe72

How do tolls work with the rental? Do they provide you an ez pass? Or can you use your own? Just trying to figure this out as inevitably tolls will be part of my trips.

Nate b

How do tolls work with the rental? Do they provide you an ez pass? Or can you use your own? Just trying to figure this out as inevitably tolls will be part of my trips.
Your ez pass is registered to your car so I wouldn't use it with the rental.. or maybe it doesn't matter I'm not sure