• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How much do you get paid per mile not including time?

ZombieLandUSA

First of all I'm very happy to have found this forum. This is my first post and it's also the reason I got intrested in joining because I was hoping to get some answers. So Thank you, for reading, for sharing.. I hope I can get some support here. I feel as though I am being discriminated against as a younger female driver. Just a thought. I live in the bay area, west coast California and I am EXHAUSTED. I work every day driving for uber and right now it's my only income and its awful. I barely make rent. Honestly I haven't even been able to make rent and I will be online for ten hours every day with no days off that's on average 15 trips a day. I rent a car to drive for uber but that's not what I want to talk about. What I want to know, across the board I dont care where you're from,, necessarily, all I really want to know is, How much does uber offer you per mile? Not the time just how much do you earn per mile? Because I noticed that I get paid less than other drivers. Sometimes I have to take an uber and I will watch and see what they get paid for the miles we travel and everytime they are making more than what I would get paid for the same trip. I tried looking up online if their was a base rate and theirs not. I figured I would get paid more for being in my region since it's so expensive to live here and minimum wage is $15.00/hour but I get paid less for what and why I dont know. I get .60 cents per mile I drive and it is turning me into a zombie. It's not a fair wage for how much gas I spend,bridge toll fees, the cost of the car ect... at the end of the day and week I feel like I am a slave. How much does uber offer you in your earnings per mile?? Because I feel like I am being discriminated against. Maybe uber wants me off of their platform but is exploiting me instead, because I am a female, even though I believe I am a good and safe driver. Maybe they are paying me less than everyone else because they want me off of their platform.

Last edited:

RabbleRouser

Let’s put it this way:

👉Vast majority of drivers qualify for:

⭐Food Stamps
⭐⭐Affordable Healthcare supplements
⭐⭐⭐Rent Vouchers
⭐⭐⭐⭐reduced utility bills.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐No taxes

(Interestingly it works out to 5 stars)

🛂 It’s the Federal Governments way of Supplementing Uber.👍
Take Full advantage of all these programs
and your Uber earnings are 100% profit

ZombieLandUSA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let’s put it this way:

👉Vast majority of drivers qualify for:

⭐Food Stamps
⭐⭐Affordable Healthcare supplements
⭐⭐⭐Rent Vouchers
⭐⭐⭐⭐reduced utility bills.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐No taxes

(Interestingly it works out to 5 stars)

🛂 It’s the Federal Governments way of Supplementing Uber.👍
Take Full advantage of all these programs
and your Uber earnings are 100% profit
Thanks! I didn't realize that. I could really benefit from some foodstamps right now, thank you.
Post automatically merged:

I currently get $0.4896 per mile on Uber and $0.46/mi on Lyft.

Both rates are below the Federal tax deduction rate of $0.585 per mile.
Ok, ya!? I work San Francisco and Oakland areas where rent for a single bedroom is around $1500 a month. So I just dont think the pay rate seems fair. Often times I make more from tips people give me than from what uber gives me.

Last edited:

ariel5466

We get $0.645/mile in Richmond, VA. Your rates are determined by market and ride type (X, XL, Select, etc.). As far as I know everyone in the same market doing the same ride type gets paid the same, I seriously doubt that you are being singled out. Uber just hates its drivers and treats us like crap, it's universal.

ZombieLandUSA

Thanks! I didn't realize that. I could really benefit from some foodstamps right now, thank you.

Ok, ya!? I work San Francisco and Oakland areas where rent for a single bedroom is around $1500 a month. So I just dont think the pay rate seems fair. Often times I make more from tips people give me than from what uber gives me.
Thank you for sharing.

Fozzie

You live in one of the most expensive cities in the world, you rent a vehicle to drive rideshare, you only complete 15 runs a day and gross less than $15 /hr?

Nobody is discriminating against you. You're a victim of your own bad choices.

My recommendation would be to turn that car in and find a more stable, better paying job.

RabbleRouser

Food stamp program is now called SNAP supplemental nutrition assistance program. ⬇Link ⬇. Get extra free food and give to the homeless.

I give out sandwiches all day to panhandlers and get a GB You in return

rkozy

I own a house, and it's paid for. I also have an actual W-2 job, so Uber/Lyft is just spending money.

I pity anybody in my market who is doing this as their only source of income. The cost of living here is cheap, but at $0.48/mile, you'd still be setting a dead rat on fire during the winter just to keep warm.

Last edited:

ariel5466

I don't think market rates are connected to the cost of living in an area, unfortunately. I think it has to do with how many drivers are in your market vs. pax. It's their way of balancing the market, if there's too many drivers the pay is low to force drivers to quit and only keep the ones willing to work for bottom dollar.

ZombieLandUSA

We get $0.645/mile in Richmond, VA. Your rates are determined by market and ride type (X, XL, Select, etc.). As far as I know everyone in the same market doing the same ride type gets paid the same, I seriously doubt that you are being singled out. Uber just hates its drivers and treats us like crap, it's universal.
Your funny. Ok... :/ Got it. Thank you for your input. I was hoping to hear from you since your a lady too. I guess we're a rare type.

ZombieLandUSA

I don't think market rates are connected to the cost of living in an area, unfortunately. I think it has to do with how many drivers are in your market vs. pax. It's their way of balancing the market, if there's too many drivers the pay is low to force drivers to quit and only keep the ones willing to work for bottom dollar.
So rates constantly go up and down!?