• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

how much can you push your car?

Crag

If I were to purchase a car just to ride share, do you guys think I can drive it for 200,000 miles easily without breaking the bank in maintenance and repairs.?
I consider myself a mature, safe driver ( average maintenance and repairs expected)?

Are any of you driving 150,000 K miles + cars ?

Thanks

tohunt4me

If I were to purchase a car just to ride share, do you guys think I can drive it for 200,000 miles easily without breaking the bank in maintenance and repairs.?
I consider myself a mature, safe driver ( average maintenance and repairs expected)?

Thanks
108,000 miles.
Just put on 3rd set of tires.
Changed front brake pads at 90,000 miles.
Replaced plastic piece under engine from New Orleans pot holes.
Changed right rearview mirror.
Change oil & filter 13 times.
Replace air filter once with K& N cleanable filter.
Replace wiper blades once.
Replace 8 cabin air filters.
Probably will change spark plugs soon.
Then will begin eyeing belts, hoses, fluids.

May wax soon. 2014 model.

( left out changed both headlights within last year. Drive a LOT at night. 3 left rear brake lights. Only use L.E.D. now. A couple of tail lights and marker lights)

Last edited:

rideshare2870

Well, I had a Corolla with 269k miles on the dash with only minor issues. It is very possible to get a car that can get that kind of mileage. Just find one with all the dirty work done for you: timing belt, water pump, brakes, oil change, calipers changed etc.

Kodyhead

Thanks
Depends on the car, I get rid of mine before 150k

rideshare2870

Craigslist (CL) is full of Nissans with blown transmissions. The fact that I never change transmission fluid on any of my Toyotas and ran up their high mileage past 200k makes Toyota superior to Nissan. I really like Nissan because Toyotas are boring as hell but I have to give them credit. Running up 3 Toyotas with high mileage is not an accident, Toyota knows what they’re doing.

mbd

Toyota + Honda
400,000.... then replace motor
Need to have mostly highway miles
Oil change at reg interval
Transmission flush
Need to drive smoothly, no speed up and slow down... have light feet

Recently took a uber, he had 350,000
Miles on his Nissan Altima ... still runs great ... 2014 Altima

bonum exactoris

My qx60 has been a nightmare, if it wasnt for the extended warranty I'd be screwed
Unfortunately I rarely hear anything good about Infinity.
👌They started off good in 1990
👉Then got even Better
👎Past few years they’ve been slipping in quality

Too bad, because it’s a good looking vehicle.
Infinity “was” once the designer car of choice for architects
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Pax Collector

My qx60 has been a nightmare, if it wasnt for the extended warranty I'd be screwed
I guess you have bad luck Haha

I have a 2004 Xterra stick shift with 121k miles, still going strong.

My 2014 Altima (Antima) CVT has 76k miles and has served me for more than 5 years without a single hiccup.

rideshare2870

I guess you have bad luck Haha

I have a 2004 Xterra stick shift with 121k miles, still going strong.

My 2014 Altima (Antima) CVT has 76k miles and has served me for more than 5 years without a single hiccup.
76k miles is still early. Nissans with blown transmissions usually end up around 125k-140k miles. This is what I’ve seen on CL and it’s always a CVT transmission Nissan. I’ve never seen a blown Nissan transmission on the earlier models except the 2004 Maximas.

Pax Collector

76k miles is still early. Nissans with blown transmissions usually end up around 125k-140k miles. This is what I’ve seen on CL and it’s always a CVT transmission Nissan. I’ve never seen a blown Nissan transmission on the earlier models except the 2004 Maximas.
My friend still drives his 2012 Altima CVT with almost 140k miles. No issues.

Like I said, change the CVT fluid every 30k miles.