How much are you driving compared to 6 months ago?

How much are you driving compared to 6 months ago?

• Same amount

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • 25% less

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 50% less

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • 75% less

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • 100% less

Votes: 60 75.0%

• Total voters

Launchpad McQuack

If you are driving please let me know what changes you have made to your routine.
The biggest change that I have made to my routine is that I stop drinking any fluids about an hour before I go out and make sure that I use the restroom right before I walk out the door. Then I don't drink any fluids while I'm out driving. I keep a bottle of water in my car to take an occasional sip out of if my throat starts to get too dry, but I basically treat water like I'm rationing it in a combat zone. Publicly accessible restrooms are a rarity nowadays.

Uberguyken

Never slowed down. Pivoted my approach from mostly night scene to morning work scene and mid-afternoon incoming flights at local airport depending on number of available drivers which went from 20-30 down to 2-3 in our airport Que.

Recently in the last 2+ weeks surge has returned with a vengeance and I've rode that wave to the bank with as many $10+ add on surge rides as I could work in... Today that pushed me past $265 for the day and a $30+ per hour average...

Got Lemons? Make Lemonade.
Screenshot_20200529-225221.jpg

Invisible

I stopped driving May 18th. I’m not planning on returning, or at least not to f/t driving.

My last 3 days I worked, I made $57 before expenses. I don’t anticipate it to get busy anytime soon, so I’m not trashing my car for 💩 pay.

Last edited:

Uberguyken

I stopped driving May 18th. I’m not planning on returning, or at least not to f/t driving.

M last 3 days I worked, I made $57 before expenses. I don’t anticipate it to get busy anytime soon, so I’m not trashing my car for 💩 pay.
Might be worth a second look... My market is off the chain busy...

billm

Ken,

Pretty impressive. I've sat in that MEM airport queue a time or two, and in normal times, it's pretty brutal. 11-15 in queue has taken me 3 hours or so to get a ride from there.

I haven't driven since March 8, when I made $5 for that Sat/Sun in Jackson. Might need to check that out. I usually drive in Nashville or Jackson, but have driven Memphis when I've been there getting vehicles serviced.

Invisible

Hah, they are increasing because they are actually testing people finally.... Sorry you're on lockdown.
While they’re testing more, our hospitalizations are going up. Our state is mainly open, but the city of Mke isn’t yet. So people just go to other cities to the bars.

Trafficat

88 hours last week for uber eats averaging $27 per hour
I made $30 through Uber, $15 through GrubHub, and $25 through Doordash yesterday. The last two deliveries I did I had to wait 35 minutes after waiting in line 10 minutes to pay with red card at one restaurant, followed by waiting 20 minutes in the lobby of Burger King. I don't understand how anyone can make $27 per hour doing food delivery unless you get lucky orders with $15+ tips attached.

I had a pizza place get mad at me yesterday when I went to pick up food because they don't get tips when we deliver so I gave them $3 so they don't down-rate me. I still got the impression the $3 was too small of a gesture. I've got guff about lack of tips from the sit down restaurants before but this was a first for me for a pizza parlor.

The way the restaurants treat delivery drivers is the worst part of food delivery.

Last edited:

Uberguyken

Ken,

Pretty impressive. I've sat in that MEM airport queue a time or two, and in normal times, it's pretty brutal. 11-15 in queue has taken me 3 hours or so to get a ride from there.

I haven't driven since March 8, when I made $5 for that Sat/Sun in Jackson. Might need to check that out. I usually drive in Nashville or Jackson, but have driven Memphis when I've been there getting vehicles serviced.
No doubt normal times this que is brutal... Lately there's 1-3 cars tops and it goes fast. Plus if u pull out to the first side street you can normally drag 10+ surge into the que with you...

Invisible

I made $30 through Uber, $15 through GrubHub, and $25 through Doordash yesterday. The last two deliveries I did I had to wait 35 minutes after waiting in line 10 minutes to pay with red card at one restaurant, followed by waiting 20 minutes in the lobby of Burger King. I don't understand how anyone can make $27 per hour doing food delivery unless you get lucky orders with $15+ tips attached.

I had a pizza place get mad at me yesterday when I went to pick up food because they don't get tips when we deliver so I gave them $3 so they don't down-rate me. I still got the impression the $3 was too small of a gesture. I've got guff about lack of tips from the sit down restaurants before but this was a first for me for a pizza parlor.

The way the restaurants treat delivery drivers is the worst part of food delivery.
When I used to do delivery and went to my usual places, I’d tip some of the people who got the orders fast and wee polite. Not much, but $3 like you. Sometimes they’d give me free food and I got my orders before other drivers. I use to make more $ doing delivery than R/S but that was before the rate cuts.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Never slowed down. Pivoted my approach from mostly night scene to morning work scene and mid-afternoon incoming flights at local airport depending on number of available drivers which went from 20-30 down to 2-3 in our airport Que.

Recently in the last 2+ weeks surge has returned with a vengeance and I've rode that wave to the bank with as many $10+ add on surge rides as I could work in... Today that pushed me past $265 for the day and a $30+ per hour average...

Got Lemons? Make Lemonade.
View attachment 468378
Good sign for the rest of us
Post automatically merged:

Food delivery is very different by area, more so than rideshare. In a bad area it's a colossal waste of time. In a good area it can be lucrative