How miles can you drive on squeaking brake pads before it damages the rotars ??

deadmile

i usually get them fixed when I hear it but was just wondering if I can work until Monday thanks my people

Mars Troll Number 4

i usually get them fixed when I hear it but was just wondering if I can work until Monday thanks my people

Highway miles, about 500
City miles, not enough

My advice is to buy new pads all around from auto zone and install them yourself, it's an easy fix and a heck of a lot cheaper than going to a shop.

Pennywise

You don't want that loud grinding noise, it will damage out your rotors. I recommend to get your brake pads replaced asap.

Yellowmamba24

If I'm your Pax and I hear your Breaks grinding or squealing, I'd ask you to stop the trip (if you can) and let me out.
I'd also 1-Star you and report your sorry @ss to the Uber Gods.
GET THEM FIXED.
:mad:

Don't listen to this guy.
**Pax will feel bad that ur brakes are making noises but still driving and trying to make some money so u will get some sympathizing and 5stars and more tips than regular...
Happened to me...
If u Drive a nice car with ur brakes making noises u will not :x

Snowblind

deadmile , what do your Break Sensors telling you?
You should have a yellow or red blinking light in your Dash telling you that the pads are worn past the sensor?
Unless you drive a 1957 Chevy Nomad.

deadmile

deadmile , what do your Break Sensors telling you?
You should have a yellow or red blinking light in your Dash telling you that the pads are worn past the sensor?
Unless you drive a 1957 Chevy Nomad.
No indicator on dashboard 2010 Prius slight sqeeking started last night

nostrils

You dont need new brakes, just remove all the wheels and coat each rotor with a healthy swath of axle grease.
Wala....no more squeaking

UberHelot

Squeaking isn't a problem; grinding noise would be.

Squeak normal. Brand new brake linings can squeak.

Grind bad. A little grind, resurface rotors or drums, long time grind, NEW rotors or drums.

I get my brakes done cheap, pads or shoes, at a "Llantas Usadas" shop near me.

observer

How many miles you got on them? Prius/ hybrid brakes last a long time. I got 85000 on mine and I go down a lot of hills. 2011 prius.

I don't remember how much pads and rotors are but they're pretty inexpensive for a Prius. They do last a looong time.