• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How many SLO drivers are happy with how things with Uber have been going lately?

sloburning

I have still gotten cancelled ride compensation. I noticed since the rate drop I drive more trips for about the same money, but at the same time my earnings are more consistent.
I would say that it seems SLO uber is not responsive in general. If something goes wrong it takes a bit

Bilbo_Swagginz

Personally I can't complain considering I'm a college student and I'm still making over $25/hr. But I will admit that the reduced rates were a bummer. I heard from a passenger, who's friends with the dude that manages the SLO Uber operations, that Uber's goal in SLO is to keep demand consistent and avoid surge, so that the steady stream of requests makes up for the loss in surge and riders don't have to pay surge prices and therefore "everyones happy".

The Admiral

I don't like getting 'chimed' for a new ride while still on current ride. Problems arise if the current PAX wants to continue ride to new location or put in the wrong location. Also I wish they would go back to the 'ping' tone, guess I just got used to it. My state of mind now is not to accept calls for rides over 12 miles away. Driving a lot to make $3.50 is not cool.

Michael Terronez

Winter slump rates. No compensation for canceled rides. Misleading language on "guaranteed earnings" , mounting lawsuits against company, etc. etc.
Thoughts?
Personally I can't complain considering I'm a college student and I'm still making over $25/hr. But I will admit that the reduced rates were a bummer. I heard from a passenger, who's friends with the dude that manages the SLO Uber operations, that Uber's goal in SLO is to keep demand consistent and avoid surge, so that the steady stream of requests makes up for the loss in surge and riders don't have to pay surge prices and therefore "everyones happy".
This guy sounds like an uber insider, maybe I'm wrong but?
Way confusing pay scale to try and follow fuel costs taken in calculated on one weeks pay then removed and placed on following week with pay adjust. If fuel cost is taken out one week making my total payout minus that amount shouldn't they owe me that same amount if they then remove ir

The Admiral

Way too many schemes to figure into the mix. The other problem is the distance driving to get to a pickup then driving only 1 or 2 miles for a $3 to $5 payout. The other day I had several calls to Pismo from SLO to pickup a rider just for $4. Then turn around and go to SLO for an other short trip. Then maybe back to Avila. At least I was busy, burning fuel. I don't like the 20 min. drives to pickup a PAX, wish Uber would limit those.

The Admiral

Seems lately surges are more often and for larger amounts. Maybe this is because few drivers out there. I'm still not happy with the rates these days. Riders in SLO and Pismo are great people. This is still and adventure for me.

Sundance36

I'm new here in Paso Robles. and finding some interesting information here. But I want to know I signed up as a driver, but thought I'd sign up as a rider as well. Seems there must be a trick to do that, Because when I enter my e-mail address I get a message my e-mail in use. How do I get a rider app. Or is there a secret Uber dosen't want us to know??

The Admiral

Setup a secondary email, most gmail, aol, icloud will allow you more than one account. Use that to sign up for the rider app.

Local news has been saying that Uber drivers can pickup at the Airport now. Problem is that Uber does not know ( or acknowledge ) it.
Also they have not fixed the rider app. to allow the rider to place the pin at the airport terminal. Riders have to put the pin near by and then call to direct the driver to the terminal pickup area. Really nuts and inconvenient for all concerned.

Sundance36

Thanks. I got a pass in the Mail today to enter SF airport. I don't plan to be over the hill in SLO town much unless a rider takes me there. SO far most rides here are short went to Atascadero twice one to pick up a rider with a no show.

Über surfer

I'm pretty stoked on how things are going. I started 4 weeks ago and it seemed busier. One rider told me Ubers are coming from Santa Barbara to work SLO and don't know the area and was frustrated. I don't accept Atacadero requests anymore...too long to go for such little fare and way too much wear and tear on my vehicle. Had my first college student puke in my car last Friday, so the Uber honeymoon is over and reality is setting in with stinky bodily fluids and cleaning my upholstery. Keeping the dream alive one rider at a time : )

Sundance36

I'm pretty stoked on how things are going. I started 4 weeks ago and it seemed busier. One rider told me Ubers are coming from Santa Barbara to work SLO and don't know the area and was frustrated. I don't accept Atacadero requests anymore...too long to go for such little fare and way too much wear and tear on my vehicle. Had my first college student puke in my car last Friday, so the Uber honeymoon is over and reality is setting in with stinky bodily fluids and cleaning my upholstery. Keeping the dream alive one rider at a time : )[/QUOTE

Here is the thing if you report a puke in the car you need to take pictures and send to uber. then Uber fines the guy and it is alot. and you can get 200.00. It hasn't happened yet I put plastic barf bags in the back seat pockets. I tell my rides when they are drunk to let me know and I'll furnish a bag because it could cost them 200.00 from Uber. They so far liked that information. I also tell them if they barf outside I'll just take the car and wash it off no big deal. I got a Notice that tomorrow there are two Uber meetings. One in Atascadero and one in SLO. Jeff

Cyndee

I have driven in slo
I would like the app to force riders to put in physical address where to pick up. I had a rider request ride while still up in the air. I drove out to know where, to pick him up. He calls ask where I am. ....Almost MB
He says he at airport Waiting.

Well I drove 15 miles for NOTHING
Had to drive 15 back for NOTHING.
The APP GPS is not very accurate typing in a physical address would help a lot